#26 Lareux

Lareux

Super Advanced Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Interests:Graphic Design, 3D, Scetching, Music, Clubbing

Posted 29 September 2006 - 09:47

I think there's no way to work around cracking whatsoever. Eventually it will be done, people will find a free version if they really want it, the same way they will find free mp3's, or other cracked software. Piracy is a big issue nowadays, but i can just hope that the companies that produce the software i like wont suffer too greatly from this.

I regeistered Renoise for 1 reason. I felt I owed it to the devs. If renoise was totally free i would be loocking for a "Donation" button and probably send them more than what renoise cost at the moment. That's how long i've been waiting for a program like this =)

If Renoise spreads illigally i can just hope it will trigger a new "Tracker Era", and by then Renoise will be the choise to go for. Although, i don't hope that Renoise will ever become a big corporate developer, charging insane ammounts of money for software and licences. (I use Some really expensive 3D software at work) But I do hope they will earn a good ammount of money to be able to keep developing this awesome piece of software.

If i ever had to use a cracked version it would be becouse i couldnt afford it. Renoise has a fair price and I would buy it over and over if it meant i had to do so at every version release. The cost of Reason is less than I spend for a night out with my friends, so hell yeah... It's well worth every cent.
Sony Vaio, VPCZ13V9E/X.
2.8 Ghz Core i7, 6Gb RAM, 256Gb SSD
Windows 7 professional 64-Bit

#27 phonkey

phonkey

Big Masta Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 29 September 2006 - 14:56

How incredible funny this is. It’s my humble opinion that all software should be free. As more and more people (users and programmers) realize that software should be open and accessible for everyone, the trend is set. It’s only a matter of time when the crackers of today will be the hero’s of tomorrow. Bill Gates was one of a few people who spread the word, that they should ask money for there software. Commerce did the rest. Its time to stop this nonsense and get back to the roots. Programmers making the best programs together with there users. Securing and protection should be left for the government. This money making hype should stop. You started with nothing. You earned respect. Be proud of what you made. And lose the attitude.

We love you program. Now get an GNU General Public License (GPL)

Yeah, that was funny! You're a funny guy futureline... <_<

This "demanding things for free" hype should stop. You havent done anything. You earned nothing. Be ashamed of yourself ...or make your own damn tracker! ..oh, and loose the attitude.

#28 Ambivalence

Ambivalence

Advanced Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 29 September 2006 - 16:06

(emphasis mine)

If i ever had to use a cracked version it would be becouse i couldnt afford it. Renoise has a fair price and I would buy it over and over if it meant i had to do so at every version release. The cost of Reason is less than I spend for a night out with my friends, so hell yeah... It's well worth every cent.

:blink:

LOL!
I'm back. Armed.

Some links: XRNS-Lib, Me on last.fm

[pc] MacBook Pro 15.4" [cpu] Intel Core 2 Duo 2.16 GHz [ram] 1024 MB
[hdd] 120GB/5400RPM [audio] PreSonus Firepod [os] MacOS 10.4 Tiger
[piano] Yamaha CP300 Stage Piano

#29 Haplo

Haplo

Chief Above Chief Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 29 September 2006 - 18:14

Hehe, I agree though with Lareux.

50 is about the cab ride home from a night out, not to mention the booze :D

#30 B-complex

B-complex

Chief Above Chief Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 29 September 2006 - 18:23

Hehe, I agree though with Lareux.

50 is about the cab ride home from a night out, not to mention the booze :D

and for some people it's what they earn per month

#31 Ambivalence

Ambivalence

Advanced Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 30 September 2006 - 01:36

and for some people it's what they earn per month

:huh:

Yes, but while that's true, I hope you don't try to say Renoise should cost even less? Then again, with all the respect to people living for 50 EUR per month, they usually don't have high-end computer/audio hardware so the tracker wouldn't be that useful anyway. Moreover, having 50 EUR a month makes any price expensive. Even 10 EUR seems big. Plus, I know if I was to live for that amount of money, sitting in front of a computer for hours composing music would be the last thing I'd do.
I'm back. Armed.

Some links: XRNS-Lib, Me on last.fm

[pc] MacBook Pro 15.4" [cpu] Intel Core 2 Duo 2.16 GHz [ram] 1024 MB
[hdd] 120GB/5400RPM [audio] PreSonus Firepod [os] MacOS 10.4 Tiger
[piano] Yamaha CP300 Stage Piano

#32 B-complex

B-complex

Chief Above Chief Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 30 September 2006 - 10:37

:huh:

Yes, but while that's true, I hope you don't try to say Renoise should cost even less? Then again, with all the respect to people living for 50 EUR per month, they usually don't have high-end computer/audio hardware so the tracker wouldn't be that useful anyway. Moreover, having 50 EUR a month makes any price expensive. Even 10 EUR seems big. Plus, I know if I was to live for that amount of money, sitting in front of a computer for hours composing music would be the last thing I'd do.

I'm not saying it should cost less , comparing to other softwares it's really cheap, I just wanted to point out that you should appreciate what you have because in other countries / regions your renoise could feed the family for weeks :)

#33 splajn

splajn

Guruh Motha Fakka is Levitating and Knows Everything About Renoise Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1417 posts

Posted 30 September 2006 - 13:46

How incredible funny this is. It’s my humble opinion that all software should be free. As more and more people (users and programmers) realize that software should be open and accessible for everyone, the trend is set. It’s only a matter of time when the crackers of today will be the hero’s of tomorrow. Bill Gates was one of a few people who spread the word, that they should ask money for there software. Commerce did the rest. Its time to stop this nonsense and get back to the roots. Programmers making the best programs together with there users. Securing and protection should be left for the government. This money making hype should stop. You started with nothing. You earned respect. Be proud of what you made. And lose the attitude.

We love you program. Now get an GNU General Public License (GPL)

I don't think you get it.
Your and hundres of others peoples respect is not worth a dime.
Unless you are ready to give something back.

What you are showing is the oposite. Disrespect.

The best way of showing respect is to register.
Then your respect is worth something. Then you show respect by
giving a gift back to those who made your music composing so much more fun.

You also contribute and support the
continuing development of this great tracker.

You know they can't pay bills with respect.

There are already two trackers that since many years been open source.
Modplugtracker and Psycle.

The development of those slowed down a lot when they became opensource.
But if you think opensource is the solution look at those trackers.

Btw there is a free version of Renoise and if a skilled coder wants to join and help develop I think they would be glad.

#34 tha_man

tha_man

Super Advanced Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 01 October 2006 - 12:53

Futureline, you are totally missing the concept of GNU licence and free - or better said - open software. Free does not mean t doesn't cost money! It means that the code is open, for everyone to use in it's own application. But if someone does this, he also must make the code of this software open. I think this is very cool concept, but it's completely up to the developer, if he's prepared to make his code public. There's no "must" here, it is *his* code after all.

Firefox, Open Office, even Linux and other well known open source software aren't free because programmers who make them are so nice people. They have a big corporations behind them, who support them and pay their work, and who make money with user support and other applications (Star Office for example), that do cost money. Of course, there are also many individuals that sometimes contribute to the projects, but this is not their full-time job. It's what they do for fun in the spare time, and without the main developers, projects would die.

So saying that all software should be free is nonsence. It never was, and there's no reason why it should be. There are people who are making a living with programming, so how would they do that, if the end product wouldn't cost money? One option is professional user support, which is usable only for products like Open Office. Other option is to put banners in the app (ever heard of spyware?). I personally hate this, and much rather pay for the app.

Big respect to all the enthusiasts, who make great applications in they spare time and don't charge for them. But the same big respect to all people, who make great applications like Renoise, for a fair price! I'm happy that I can somehow support their work.

#35 Haplo

Haplo

Chief Above Chief Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 02 October 2006 - 10:19

I'm not saying it should cost less , comparing to other softwares it's really cheap, I just wanted to point out that you should appreciate what you have because in other countries / regions your renoise could feed the family for weeks :)

I'm not going to get into that argumentation because there really isn't any point to it.
My point is, that compared to all other stuff that we spend money on (those of us that don't live on 50/month) it is a bargain.

Do I personally mind if someone gets a "leaked" version because they can't afford it, not really.
But then again they wouldn't buy it anyway.
Would I moan if I was stupid enough to leak my copy by accident or not, no.
I would bite the apple and buy another copy.

#36 vadarfone

vadarfone

• Normal Members
  • 1411 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 06:57

I have to admit that this is the first piece of audio software I have ever paid for. I paid for it for a number of reasons...

1. It`s a good price. A very good price in fact, when you look at the alternatives.

2. The Devs are real people you can talk to and they implement changes the real users suggest (Imagine emailing Apple to suggest a few tweaks to Logic Pro!!)

3. Its a tracker.

4. It`s f****ing dope.

If you have it, just register it you tight buggers! :)

Edited by wormjar, 10 October 2006 - 06:58.

Setup: Lenovo IdeaCentre K320 3019QJ 8GB RAM, etc.

Linux Mint as main OS, Ubuntu, 7, XP, Arch all in VirtualBox.

Loving Linux.

#37 vV

vV

God's or Borg's Chief and Ruler of All Species

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16855 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 07:49

Leaking early betas and not benefit from additional added features during the beta progress is one of the things that makes leaking more stupid.
Vv....

cpu Intel Core i7-4820K @3.70GHz
chipset Intel X79 chipset
mem 32 Gb 2400Mhz
os Win 7 64-bit SP1, DirectX 11
audio ESI ESP1010e - > Driver rev:2.0.6.0
video nVidia Geforce GTX780 - > Driver rev:335.23

Renoise Official Manual

#38 kazaroval

kazaroval

• Normal Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
  • Interests:Life...

Posted 22 November 2006 - 12:43

Im sure that most of renoise register user use some warezed software.... i have put my TL beta on a forum for people who wanted to see last additions.... im sure renoise team has not suffer from this in any way but now i have lost my license and CAN NO mORE BUY IT AGAIN omg.

I will just ask my bro to buy it for me then... and i will share the full 1.8 on the most warez site i can... just to show renoise team what true leaking is ;)

#39 junoir

junoir

Big Super Masta Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts

Posted 22 November 2006 - 13:08

...?

#40 It-Alien

It-Alien

Probably More God or Borg Than Human Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9593 posts
  • Interests:trackers, basketball, chess, tabletennis, programming, writing, drumming, burping

Posted 22 November 2006 - 13:15

The beta versions of 1.8 cannot be downloaded by unregistered users, but the final version will.

This decision has been taken with two points in mind:
1) who registers gets a benefit
2) the bug reports by registered users are easier to manage (because they are less in number and generally more accurate)

you, for some unexplicable reason, could not agree with 1, but 2 is absolutely understandable point, I think.

if you are not a registered user and want to "see the new additions", just wait for the final release and you will be able to download 1.8 for free, as you already did with the previous versions.

when you pruchased Renoise, you adhered to a license; you not respected it, and there is nothing to show us about. If you feel so smart by buying Renoise again with your brother's name and the spread it as warez, you're just showing how narrow-minded you are.
my specs:
cpu:Intel Core2 Quad Q9550 (4x2.83Ghz, FSB 1333Mhz)
audio: M-Audio Audiophile 24/96 PCI

Unschemed, hypertechnical tracked music. Sounding different since 1993.

my latest song: Lavender Town Syndrome (11'33", Psychedelic Beast)

where to find more music by me: soundcloud , jamendo , last.fm , napodano.com , facebook

RTFM.gif

("Lavender Town Syndrome, 11'33" Psychedelic Beast)

#41 kazaroval

kazaroval

• Normal Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
  • Interests:Life...

Posted 22 November 2006 - 13:17

The last sentence is a bad joke of course, i juste want to say that loose my license for a time limited Beta full of bug is :panic:
I will never put the full version on any warez place.... its a great app at an unbeatable price.

#42 It-Alien

It-Alien

• 9593 posts
  • Interests:trackers, basketball, chess, tabletennis, programming, writing, drumming, burping

Posted 22 November 2006 - 13:22

i juste want to say that loose my license for a time limited Beta full of bug is :panic:

we have released 7 beta versions until now.
According to what I know, at least beta1, beta4, beta5 have been spreaded.
This means that the time limit has no effect if every version is spreaded.

This also caused confusing bug reports by warez users who submitted bugs which have already been solved in next versions, which caused time wasting.

That versions are "full of bugs"? Ok, just don't spread them.

The last sentence is a bad joke of course, I will never put the full version on any warez place.... its a great app at an unbeatable price.

yes, it is a bad one.
my specs:
cpu:Intel Core2 Quad Q9550 (4x2.83Ghz, FSB 1333Mhz)
audio: M-Audio Audiophile 24/96 PCI

Unschemed, hypertechnical tracked music. Sounding different since 1993.

my latest song: Lavender Town Syndrome (11'33", Psychedelic Beast)

where to find more music by me: soundcloud , jamendo , last.fm , napodano.com , facebook

RTFM.gif

("Lavender Town Syndrome, 11'33" Psychedelic Beast)

#43 Marc Shake

Marc Shake

• Normal Members
  • 1589 posts

Posted 22 November 2006 - 13:58

Nobody forces anybody to buy software. In fact: Renoise runs perfect with a shareware-license. Considering ASIO I must say that -although I registered it - I prefer directX because IMHO it runs better together with other applications. The wav-writer was the main reason I bought renoise.

It's just not fair to say that renoise is too expensive, because this is just a lie. Renoise is a full-featured VST-host with a lot of features other programs do not offer. And if they offer it, they cost one hell of money.

So, if anybody refuses to buy renoise, use your damn raw-copy and feel sick if you destroy another great piece of software. But if you get a big record contract, please buy renoise then.

#44 pulsar

pulsar

Big Super Masta Member

• Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts
  • Interests:peeking and poking

Posted 22 November 2006 - 19:42

and CAN NO mORE BUY IT AGAIN omg.

did i miss something? i think nobody did such a statement here. You can still buy a new license of renoise, you have lost your lisense not the right to own one.
// pulsar, renoise slave

#45 cyberwax

cyberwax

Big Daddy Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 417 posts

Posted 23 November 2006 - 00:51

Ok i admit it, i downloaded(warezzz) my first version of renoise, i was using skale at that moment and were really fed up with bugs and no updates. I've heard about renoise everywhere but never really tried it out, so i went on dc++ and downloaded it. After a few minutes of keyboard tweaking i fell in love. It was like the day i experienced the usage of oils during sex, everything went f****ing smooth. I checked renoise.com and saw the price and suddenly pulsar's purse grew. Not by much, but thats the main reason why i bought it, if this had cost 500 dollars i would just have continued scouting out dc for an updated version.

#46 Conner_Bw

Conner_Bw

• Normal Members
  • 7055 posts

Posted 23 November 2006 - 07:35

I don't think anyone is arguing weather or not warez exist.

What we have here is a community in which the developers of the application participate. You come into their house and shit on their carpet, well you're going to get kicked out and everyone else in the place will think you're a f****ing retard.

Paying the registration is more like a token of appreciation, to be part of the club. If you can't pay then you are welcome to use the free version and still be a part of the club. Using a warez version... well, you're on your own and you're just an asshole, plain and simple.

With all due respect, the kind of people who can't afford to register Renoise because they live in poverty would also not be able to afford a computer, let alone a connection to the intenernet to post about Renoise. Dragging the downtrodden into this discussion because you're too cheap to pay the very modest price is embarasing and shameful. Seriously, the last thing on the mind of a person who's salaray is 50 a month is this discussion and that was the lamest thing I have ever read in in a long time.

cpu Lenovo X220, Intel i7-2640M @ 2.80GHz ×4 os Windows 10 / Ubuntu 16.04 LTS
My Homepage » : My Renoise Tools » : Normalize Your Sig » : One million clicks! »

#47 vV

vV

God's or Borg's Chief and Ruler of All Species

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16855 posts

Posted 23 November 2006 - 09:22

Im sure that most of renoise register user use some warezed software.... i have put my TL beta on a forum for people who wanted to see last additions.... im sure renoise team has not suffer from this in any way but now i have lost my license and CAN NO mORE BUY IT AGAIN omg.

I will just ask my bro to buy it for me then... and i will share the full 1.8 on the most warez site i can... just to show renoise team what true leaking is ;)

Well yes you can do this.
But frankly, what you actually are doing is going to a small candystore and steal a hand full of candy that even't cost a fraction of your daily dinner. The only problem is that if you get caught on camera you just get punished for that with a level-matching counter-response.
Just going out for the weekend in a lot of countries costs more money than a Renoise license.

Do you want to just seriously use Renoise or you want to play "catch me if you can"? Because we are not pro-actively searching for warez or leaks, we get them reported by other users and "now and then" we check them out if we get a lot of reports.
So stop wasting your time trying to prove something because we are not interested in wasting our time on leakers. Renoise is made for joy and productivity. Just ask yourself if it is better to spend your time for that purpose instead of doing something that doesn't pay off in any way. You decide.

And serious, still no hard feelings.

Btw, nobody gets excluded from buying a new license. The account that was the source for the leak just gets terminated that's all. Hey, we don't even bring in the cops and have you convicted.
Vv....

cpu Intel Core i7-4820K @3.70GHz
chipset Intel X79 chipset
mem 32 Gb 2400Mhz
os Win 7 64-bit SP1, DirectX 11
audio ESI ESP1010e - > Driver rev:2.0.6.0
video nVidia Geforce GTX780 - > Driver rev:335.23

Renoise Official Manual

#48 Guest_Bantai_*

Guest_Bantai_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 November 2006 - 10:29

[...] loose my license for a time limited Beta full of bug is :panic:

Then I'll go ahead and steal this Lamborghini & Italdesign Cala, because it's just a prototype.

Posted Image

#49 Dr Skunk

Dr Skunk

Chief Above Chief Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 23 November 2006 - 16:07

If you're using Firefox 2 type 'Renoise' into the Google search box and see what it suggests!

:(

#50 florian

florian

Big Super GrandMasta Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts
  • Interests:sampling, drums, bikes, video... .... cats.

Posted 23 November 2006 - 17:40

@tha_man: i think you should read up on when the GNU lisence says before you say that the software that get's licensed through it isn't free. the basic meaning of GNU v2 is "you are free to modify and redistribute so long as you do not charge money for it without contacting the developer first"

with regards to pirating renoise, i wasn't aware that this was such an issue at this point already. i guess having to deal with all this legal and bureaucratic crap means the community is growing up. *sigh* ok son, when a man and a woman decide they want to have a program...

don't f**** around with pirating this software. regulate heavily on assholes who do. once upon a time there was a really awesome tracker called Impulse Tracker, anyone remember why is isn't being developed anymore?

from what i recall it was because someone pirated the WAV writer (the only feature you had to pay for). hearing that people are pirating renoise makes me nervous... after 3 years as a registered user I'd be really pissed if my favourite music authoring software got pirated and frozen because some stupid warez kiddie thinks he can score street cred by pirating a program being developed by an awesome set of grassroots supported coders.

end rant.
-----
black
skwrl
-----