• Please log in to reply
252 replies to this topic

#51 vV

vV

God's or Borg's Chief and Ruler of All Species

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16855 posts

Posted 23 November 2006 - 20:04

don't f**** around with pirating this software. regulate heavily on assholes who do. once upon a time there was a really awesome tracker called Impulse Tracker, anyone remember why is isn't being developed anymore?

from what i recall it was because someone pirated the WAV writer (the only feature you had to pay for). hearing that people are pirating renoise makes me nervous... after 3 years as a registered user I'd be really pissed if my favourite music authoring software got pirated and frozen because some stupid warez kiddie thinks he can score street cred by pirating a program being developed by an awesome set of grassroots supported coders.
end rant.

IT was ceased because some warez-using kiddy nagged Pulse by pushing the app in all kind of negative boxes and well..Something similar Kazaroval said, but then with a lot more words.

We just have to learn to live with the fact this world contains teenagers who happen to do stupid things one too many often. Only a science report that claims puberty is just a temporary stage containing uncontrolable moments of insanity, is the thing that lets them walk free.
Vv....

cpu Intel Core i7-4820K @3.70GHz
chipset Intel X79 chipset
mem 32 Gb 2400Mhz
os Win 7 64-bit SP1, DirectX 11
audio ESI ESP1010e - > Driver rev:2.0.6.0
video nVidia Geforce GTX780 - > Driver rev:335.23

Renoise Official Manual

#52 HaveSome

HaveSome

Local Chief Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 17:10

What is the reward for telling on somebody???
"..Dude's like 6'7, he looked mad depressed and my friend screamed to him "I suck dick for coke" He turned around and shook his head. I feel sorry for him..."

#53 Weird Energy

Weird Energy

Guruh Motha Fakka is Levitating and Knows Everything About Renoise Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1374 posts

Posted 10 February 2007 - 10:25

the reward is that his license will be transfered to you :D

Edited by trackit, 10 February 2007 - 10:26.

#54 florian

florian

Big Super GrandMasta Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts
  • Interests:sampling, drums, bikes, video... .... cats.

Posted 14 February 2007 - 20:22

What is the reward for telling on somebody???

a shiny nickel. don't spend it all in one place.

Edited by Florian Mosleh, 14 February 2007 - 20:23.

-----
black
skwrl
-----

#55 hai nguyen dinh

hai nguyen dinh

Advanced Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  • Interests:tracking

Posted 15 February 2007 - 15:36

I might have done something terrible, although I swear to jesus (or whatever) that the intentions were good.

I work 50% as audio and stage consultant at the Norwegian Academy of Fine Arts. Last year I was teaching basics in operating systems, and the course was split in three groups, from the newbies to the advanced ones.

In the last two groups many of the students already knew what I was supposed to teach them, so I got the idea to introduce them to Renoise. I must admit I copied the first RC version to to some of them for use during the lession. But I also made sure it was deleted afterwards. Stupid me, I thought nothing could go wrong due to the time limit in the RC, but I realize I should have used the demo just in case...

So, if you find a RC with my name on it (I don?t think you will though), that is my story. I hope you won?t give away my license, because I love the proggy, which is also the reason why I tend to push some of my favourite students into it.

Anyway, it was amazing to even be a part of a Renoise lecture, seeing the tracker on the big screen, using a stick to point at it, having all these questions from artists working from different fields.

Hai.

#56 Belkin

Belkin

Chief Above Chief Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts
  • Interests:Music

Posted 14 March 2007 - 14:49

but when was released new version can i public old? (for example when will be released 2 version can i public 1.8)
Why?
Becouse i have cracked version before i have bought license.
Firstly nead to test all.
Life is too short to listen to slow music
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

#57 Johann

Johann

• Normal Members
  • 2774 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 15:28

Maybe the demo could insert noise/silence/a voice going "bee-doop-a-dee" into rendered things? That way you can "test everything" with the demo..

music / photos / renoise scripts

hay guises! action/reaction. I'm not into leaving or avoiding places, I ban 'em by making sure I get banned.. loadsa noise, little signal.. basically anything else makes more sense to spend energy on. thanks for the app, but from here on out we simply don't have any use for each other period. oh, and of course big shoutouts to bit-arts and kaneel and anyone else I forgot :D :D

#58 vV

vV

• 16855 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 20:15

Maybe the demo could insert noise/silence/a voice going "bee-doop-a-dee" into rendered things? That way you can "test everything" with the demo..

Code that performs limitations on existing features can be broken and you will never figure out who did it.
A demo version which simply does not contain this code won't be patchable either because the patcher has to add this code as well.
I have seen various VST plugins which do this kind of limitations and they could all be cracked and circumvented.
Vv....

mem 32 Gb 2400Mhz

Renoise Official Manual

#59 Marc Shake

Marc Shake

• Normal Members
  • 1599 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 22:18

but when was released new version can i public old? (for example when will be released 2 version can i public 1.8)
Why?

What is to test in renoise? This piece is just marvellous. The ONLY limitation is no WAV-writer and no ASIO. I have a licensed version and I never used ASIO.

Just because the software is outdated some day, it's no public domain afterwards. Sorry but this makes me some sort of angry.

Alles über Renoise und Linux auf meinem Blog

#60 Johann

Johann

• Normal Members
  • 2774 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 22:49

Code that performs limitations on existing features can be broken and you will never figure out who did it.
A demo version which simply does not contain this code won't be patchable either because the patcher has to add this code as well.
I have seen various VST plugins which do this kind of limitations and they could all be cracked and circumvented.

Yeah, I guess you're right. I thought that a very deformed version of the render stuff could be put in the demo - but that might still be too risky (and even if you could protect it: it wouldn't really be worth the effort would it?).

music / photos / renoise scripts

hay guises! action/reaction. I'm not into leaving or avoiding places, I ban 'em by making sure I get banned.. loadsa noise, little signal.. basically anything else makes more sense to spend energy on. thanks for the app, but from here on out we simply don't have any use for each other period. oh, and of course big shoutouts to bit-arts and kaneel and anyone else I forgot :D :D

#61 mr_mark_dollin

mr_mark_dollin

• Normal Members
  • 2823 posts
  • Interests:Quiet Revolutions.

Posted 14 March 2007 - 23:33

Why?

Well that means you've just lost your license. :huh:
Posted Image

#62 Belkin

Belkin

Chief Above Chief Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts
  • Interests:Music

Posted 15 March 2007 - 17:46

ok thanks)))
I will know and dotn give it to any body)
Life is too short to listen to slow music
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

#63 ptrance

ptrance

Big Masta Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts
  • Location:Rüsselsheim aka Alder isch bresch Dir Gesischt-Stadt - Germany
  • Interests:in trying to get a life. Brb.

Posted 15 March 2007 - 17:53

This "I try, before I buy"-principle is actually the most lamest excuse on earth, when it comes to "affordable" software! ;)

#64 It-Alien

It-Alien

Probably More God or Borg Than Human Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9593 posts
  • Interests:trackers, basketball, chess, tabletennis, programming, writing, drumming, burping

Posted 15 March 2007 - 18:01

even affordable test could be warezed in order to test everything. what is wrong, in my opinion, is warezing affordable software with almost no limitations in the demo version. warezing Renoise is not only unworthy, but also almost useless.
my specs:
cpu:Intel Core2 Quad Q9550 (4x2.83Ghz, FSB 1333Mhz)
audio: M-Audio Audiophile 24/96 PCI

Unschemed, hypertechnical tracked music. Sounding different since 1993.

my latest song: Lavender Town Syndrome (11'33", Psychedelic Beast)

where to find more music by me: soundcloud , jamendo , last.fm , napodano.com , facebook

RTFM.gif

("Lavender Town Syndrome, 11'33" Psychedelic Beast)

#65 nykk deetronic

nykk deetronic

Big Masta Member

• Normal Members
  • 536 posts
  • Interests:audio, video, gfx, visual FX & animations...

Posted 06 April 2007 - 01:39

even affordable test could be warezed in order to test everything. what is wrong, in my opinion, is warezing affordable software with almost no limitations in the demo version. warezing Renoise is not only unworthy, but also almost useless.

Agree. Anyway, I`ll have to add that I have seen Renoise warezed on one large and well known russian download site few weeks ago. Seems from leechers-comments, it was cracked beta3...

Whatever, Renoise isn`t expensive so I believe when ppl download the program, most will definitelly buy it when see how amazing this program is.

#66 Conner_Bw

Conner_Bw

Probably More God or Borg Than Human Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7113 posts

Posted 06 April 2007 - 05:32

I remember reading a reply somewhere once, I believe by JoanasThePlugExpert, that pretty much stated any moron with a VST could render using Renoise without paying. Seriously, warzing Renoise is more than moronic, it's retarded, in the special olympics kind of way.

It's free for all practical purposes, test the demo! It's worth the price if you like it, show your support and register!

cpu Lenovo X220, Intel i7-2640M @ 2.80GHz ×4 os Windows 10 / Ubuntu 16.04 LTS
My Homepage » : My Renoise Tools » : Normalize Your Sig » : One million clicks! »

#67 Marc Shake

Marc Shake

• Normal Members
  • 1599 posts

Posted 06 April 2007 - 09:37

And the excuse that might work for other programs (too high costs) doesn't work here because 50 bucks is nothing that hurts.

#68 vV

vV

• 16855 posts

Posted 07 April 2007 - 00:50

And the excuse that might work for other programs (too high costs) doesn't work here because 50 bucks is nothing that hurts.

One weekend stepping out withholding... two weeks allowance, ten packs of cigarettes, maybe a day of salary.
It is cheaper than getting a fine for wrong parking.
Vv....

mem 32 Gb 2400Mhz

Renoise Official Manual

#69 nykk deetronic

nykk deetronic

Big Masta Member

• Normal Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 08 April 2007 - 21:53

One weekend stepping out withholding... two weeks allowance, ten packs of cigarettes, maybe a day of salary.
It is cheaper than getting a fine for wrong parking.

Agree!
If it is not secret, how many ppl are regirstered already? Is that number satisfying? Can you live well out of it or you do it just for fun? I'll have to say that I like your webiste very much, it is all well layouted, like large company is behind it.

Edited by djnick, 08 April 2007 - 22:22.

#70 Marc Shake

Marc Shake

• Normal Members
  • 1599 posts

Posted 14 April 2007 - 22:27

I guess, even if there are 1000 registered users this makes not enough to live from that :)

#71 vV

vV

• 16855 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 15:37

I don't know how much are really registered. (actually this fact is none of my business anyway!)
I do know with every new release there seems a steady line of people registering every day.
I calculate with that fact that there are more registering the program than that are registering an account on the board.
This should at least tell something about the ease of use of the program, or the documentation.
Vv....

mem 32 Gb 2400Mhz

Renoise Official Manual

#72 nykk deetronic

nykk deetronic

Big Masta Member

• Normal Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 13:31

I don't know how much are really registered. (actually this fact is none of my business anyway!)
I do know with every new release there seems a steady line of people registering every day.
I calculate with that fact that there are more registering the program than that are registering an account on the board.
This should at least tell something about the ease of use of the program, or the documentation.

I`m more than happy to hear that! (: Keep it up!

#73 Robbson

Robbson

Advanced Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Interests:Kämmen

Posted 22 April 2007 - 18:02

Hmmz... I don't see any use for a warez version of Renoise. Since 1.8 and the very generous demo limitations I have all what I need. Ok, this "remembering requester" nags.

But don't get me wrong... if I would really use Renoise I would not hesitate to support the developers by buying the license. So if ther're a useful pattern sequencer/arranger and some helpers for easier note reading/editing (a tracker/piano roll hybrid view :lol: ) in Renoise, I would easily pay > 100 Euros for it.

But I never did something with renoise besides my BBIV attempts... I only hear the demo songs and probably the contest songs of BBV in June 2007. ;)
So currently I'm stucked to FLStudio but they don't want to integrate a tracker like editor there. :(

Robbson.

Edited by Robbson, 22 April 2007 - 18:07.

Live 8.4, Renoise 3.0, FL Studio XXL 11.0

#74 Guest_Bantai_*

Guest_Bantai_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 April 2007 - 18:31

But I never did something with renoise besides my BBIV attempts... I only hear the demo songs and probably the contest songs of BBV in June 2007. ;)
So currently I'm stucked to FLStudio

Interesting. Why?

#75 Robbson

Robbson

Advanced Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Interests:Kämmen

Posted 22 April 2007 - 18:57

Interesting. Why?

Easier editing... good arranger, very intuitive, all is controllable with a few clicks, fast DirectDraw based Custom GUI like in Renoise, good native synths (like Sytrus), new versions get better workflow and editing capabilites (not only new instruments, like in the big commercial sequencers),...

I always get lost in Renoise, loosing overview with a lot of tracks... getting tired of copy, paste patterns, tracks, blocks... till I've got a hexadecimal worm in my head. It's going to have more functions but not making it easier to use.

Ok, this is far OT but I had to reply on that. ;)

But I can't break the current pattern or jump to another song position like in a tracker. :angry:
Live 8.4, Renoise 3.0, FL Studio XXL 11.0