Shinra - Demons

Hello Renoise fans,

I’ve recently had an album released as a free download through Wrong Music’s netlabel (www.net-lab.co.uk), and I made it mostly in Renoise. It’s called ‘Demons’. Check it out if you want some good electronica! Let me know what you think.

Cheers,

Shinra

Some of the tracks are up on http://www.myspace.com/shinramusic, if anyone’s interested!

you could’ve really cared to post a directlink to that album you’re talking about instead of letting us search on that non-hyperlinked URL you’ve merely mentioned! ;)
whatever, i did some search so here’s the link to the album:
Shinra - Demons
still downloading, feedback will follow.

edit:
finished downloading, currently listening to…
acidreb1 - lovely hypnotic bassline, the amens, even though being overused generally, are put nicely inscene. right degree experimentalism, not too freaked out like most electronica/idm nowadays. i like this one.
slitherlink - weird melody and (heavily) panned bassline. drums way too hectic for my likings. track totally freaks out after ~2min. lack of structure / concept although done intentional. have to skip.
electbrl-grim - nice acidish/breakey stuff again. nice breaks throughout the whole tune. again, the amount of variation. love the part with the partially reverbed bass + the vocal bits in the back. niceness!
bazoo - kinda psy-trancey feeling to that arp-line -> psy-drum&bass?! =) original and well structured but yet experimental. good stuff.
demon - same tune concept as electtbrl, other theme. can’t go wrong with this. well executed tune.
dnbtec v2 - some straight dnb steps here. unusual regarding the previous stuff :) the bass stabs suit the beat nicely. overall nice groove + atmosphere and technically well done. unconventional break at ~1:40. bassline sounds a bit too unprocessed / clean / raw, but doesn’t make a good tune sound bad either. very nice overall. (again)
elektro - too weird / random / sorry -> skipped.
bones - a lot of contrast during the intro (bassline<->pads), like it so far. and woot? nice reese-alike bassline there. hectically fast paced beats again, but this time more suitable to the rest. absolute killer track. last and best one of the entire album when taking my liking into concern.

alltogether this is a very well executed album with all tunes suiting each other very well.
technically they’re all well done and you got my respect for that effort alone. only thing is that sometimes the personal taste doesn’t seem to match the audio style-wise. but you can’t cook one meal that’s tasty for everybody, right?
keep it up, looking forward to more stuff from you!

ps.
you wrote “made mostly with renoise”, what else do you use besides renoise and why? or is it just postprocessing / mastering you’re pointing at?

Thanks for such a detailed review keith, you clearly took a lot of time and thought over it. glad you enjoyed the tracks. The feedback is much appreciated!

When I say that the album is made mostly in renoise, i mean that i use cubase as well for the final sequencing and automation - i always seem to lose sight of the overall structure of a tune in renoise, so i make patterns and export each track to wav and then play around with arrangement in cubase.

Cheers again!