Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Folders For The Vst Plugins Directory In Renoise.

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#51 4Tey

4Tey

Big Masta Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 26 February 2018 - 11:42

Is there a possibility to extract the names of the vst´s maybe from a renoise config file (or other solution)?

Possibility?  Use SQLite3 command line to query the CachedVSTs*.db database file?

#52 ffx

ffx

Composes without Wires burns Directly from Brain to DVD that is already in Store Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3447 posts

Posted 26 February 2018 - 15:00

http://sqlitebrowser.org

• El°HYM likes this

Test system: macOS 10.13.4, HFS+. Firewire Audio, i7 4770, 8GB Ram, GTX1050 2GB, 48kHz
GUI Automation RecorderNative DSP Context MenuTuned ShortcutsUnified Value Shift And Transpose | Jump To From Send Modified (Docs) | Quick Template | Nisanmol's Groove Tool FixedThemes

#53 El°HYM

El°HYM

Big Super GrandMasta Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 761 posts
  • Interests:I AM El°HYM

Posted 28 February 2018 - 12:25

Just Admit that U still luvin #Renoise, as u spendin so much Time in here; what if U get ur beloved #Update...as a fine little X-Mas - Gift  :ph34r:

Inside ur Renoise; helping Byte-Smasher putting Cab Sims on ur Master.  :ph34r: 

#54 Ionix

Ionix

• Normal Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Interests:drum'n bass
    2 wheels

Posted 04 August 2018 - 15:09

Hi all,

My suggestion is the ability to add folders in the renoise vst directory and drag and drop vsts in them (much like the disk browser). This will allow users with allot of of vstis to orginize them and keep the list from being enormous like it currently stands.

This would really help us, please consider this for the final 1.8 renoise.

Thanks & best regards,

:yeah:

This problem is unbearable.

I have many VSTs and it's a pain to choose among them...or to compare them.

I have stopped composing because of this.

I think a serious producer need organization.

It shouldn't be difficult to do for renoise coders -> Please,make this idea a reality!

Edited by Ionix, 04 August 2018 - 15:11.

#55 Psynapsex

Psynapsex

Local Chief Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts
  • Interests:Synthesis, Electronics, & Finance (Equity Research Analysis Intern)

I'm a big fan of Venetian Snares, Psykovsky, Richard Devine, and The Advent.

I've been using Reaktor 5 since 2008, and love the thought of a real analog modular synth.

Posted 12 August 2018 - 01:12

I suggested this as well. The search feature is redundant unless you moved a file and need to find it again