Note Pad In Renoise

I would like to have some kind of note book or diary that is integrated in renoise.
Sometimes I want to take notes about what I have done, or what I shall do with the song next day…

Today I use the “Song Comments” to write notes/diary. (In “Song Settings” -> “Show Song Comments”)
But the bad thing is that you cant copy text from the tracker into the “Song Comments”. When you paste the text into Word Pad (for example) it will be XML-code…

Example:

I would like to save (copy) a great note effect combo so I easy can use it in another song.
so…
Copying:
G-508 … 0254
G-508 … 0254
G-508 … 0254
C-508 … 0254

Into Word Pad becomes:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<PatternClipboard.BlockBuffer doc_version=“0”>

G-5

G-5

G-5

G-5

C-4

NoteColumn

</PatternClipboard.BlockBuffer>

So… I would like a Note book that I can paste text from the tracker.
And I would like to find it easy, like finding samples/instruments from other songs.

Layout example:

In song folder:

• songname1.xrns
  • songname2.xrns
  • songname3.xrns
  • songname4.xrns
  • songname5.xrns
    …00 Sample1.flac
    …01 Sample2.flac
    …02 Sample3.flac
    …03 Sample4.flac
    N01 Notes for Songname5.xrns <— Check
  • songname6.xrns
  • songname7.xrns

Are you with me in my jungle of idea? :)

/Binmink

Thats a nice suggestion.
(It could be in a subfolder of the song)

This would be more a discussion topic for the third party development sub-forum. Why because there is a great potential in here to develop an application that can work with clipboard data and store the contents to disk.

So if you wouldn’t mind i’m moving and linking this topis…

I can offer you a little XML clipboard to proper preview converter in the near future, which i could strip out of another project from me.

why not using trackpad as a vst?

http://subminimal.org/tools.php

This would work for normal notes pretty well, but when pasting from the pattern editor, you’d still have the XML code inserted.