Bcr 2000 On Mac?

OK so I have a behringer bcr 2000, and I use a MAC (osx), the thing is, I cant seem to get the bcr 2000 to work in renoise (or ableton for that matter), also the behringer site does not offer much help.
any ideas?..

I think it works on the macs generic midi drivers, so you shouldn’t have to install anything. http://www.behringerdownload.de/BCR2000/BC…guide_rev_1.pdf

OK, thanks, I new it should be easy- it just did not work, sorted now BUT- i have anouther question…

I have my BCR hooked up to my laptop with USB.
I also want to use the midi capabilaties of my NOVATION BASS STATION (hard synth)…
can i do it thru the BCR, by using the midi thru port?
I have tried by connecting it all up with a midi cable to the BCR from the NOVATION, but whatever program i use it with, the novation has no effect( however it does make the midi thru indicator blink on the bcr).
?

dude, when you bought the thing it came with a manual, right??? I could spell it out for you, but RTFM! :)

OK, thanks, I new it should be easy- it just did not work, sorted now BUT- i have anouther question…

I have my BCR hooked up to my laptop with USB.
I also want to use the midi capabilaties of my NOVATION BASS STATION (hard synth)…
can i do it thru the BCR, by using the midi thru port?
I have tried by connecting it all up with a midi cable to the BCR from the NOVATION, but whatever program i use it with, the novation has no effect( however it does make the midi thru indicator blink on the bcr).
?

Hi Kee. I just arrived at a cottage and I’m here till Sunday. I bought a BCR2000 around January this year and haven’t plugged it in before it. Last night I plugged it in, and try as I might I was simply unable to get my Mac to recognize it. I went through the usual rigmarole of “OS X El Capitan no support BCR2000? Behringer stuff poxy? Throw it out the window?” … Decided to maybe start selling it next week.

Today, I thought, I’ll check out the manual, and found out that you can decide yourself how the BCR2000 behaves.

This is what you do.

1. Press Edit down, then, while Edit is down, press Store.

2. You are now in the Global Setup Menu.

3. Twist the Type rotary around and you’ll see your choices, which are U-1 to U-4 and S-1 to S-4.

4. If you are attempting to connect your BCR2000/BCF2000 to your computar via USB, you can narrow down your selection to something between U-1 and U-4.

5. The minute you select one, and press Exit , your/my Mac will recognize it as a USB-device.

But what is U-1 to U-4?

U-1 seems simplified, so simply, BCR2000 sends to USB, USB sends to BCR2000 - completely ignoring any Midi In Midi Out-A, Midi Out-B/Midi Thru.

U-2 has Midi In going directly to Midi-Out-B and to USB Midi In (to your computar), with USB-Midi-Out from your computar going to Midi-Out-A.

U-3 has Midi In going only to USB Midi In (to your computar), … damn these get complex after a while.

. Anyway, uhh…

Well, I tried looking around the interwebs for explanations as to what U-3 to S-4 mean, but all I could find was this schematic. I hope it helps.

7642 Screen Shot 2017-10-27 at 11.22.20.png

dude, when you bought the thing it came with a manual, right??? I could spell it out for you, but RTFM! smile.gif

dude, I bought a BCR2000 too, in 2017 AD, and there was no manual. I was able to fish one out from the interwebs and all that, but not before thinking the whole device was borken.