3 replies to this topic

#1 metal

metal

• Normal Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 14:59

Hi.

I'm currently betatesting the new Gladiator synth from Tone2. It's not publicly available so I know you cant reproduce the error I have experienced with RC2.

The problem however is, that the plugin works fine with 1.8, whereas in RC2 it behaves quite odd. It's like all edits to the synth are 1-2 minutes delayed. When I exit Gladiator I get an error-message saying that Gladiator caused a fatal crash: VST event/function: 'Dispatch', Thread: 'GUI'. None of this occurs in 1.8.

I've reported the behaviour to Markus@Tone2, and for now it seems that there's a similar problem using the synth in FL7.

I know there's not much for you to go from, so I'll do a follow-up on this issue when I get the next beta-version.

Cheers,
- Torben.

metal // vibrants

twolegs // twolegstoneworks.com

#2 Guest_Bantai_*

Guest_Bantai_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 October 2007 - 15:07

Did you try enabling the compatible gfx setting in Renoise?

#3 taktik

taktik

Renoise Developer

• Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15040 posts
  • Interests:füße waschen

Posted 27 October 2007 - 15:20

Then let us know what Markus found out about this, but why should this be a Renoise bug if this also happens in Fruity Loops?

#4 metal

metal

• Normal Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 23:07

Did you try enabling the compatible gfx setting in Renoise?

Yes, I have that on by default. No luck with that one.

Then let us know what Markus found out about this, but why should this be a Renoise bug if this also happens in Fruity Loops?

I can't be sure that it's a bug in Renoise. What made me post a suspected bug-report was because the plugin works fine with v1.8 and it doesn't with 1.9 RC2. I havent heard back from Markus yet, but I will report here when there is development.

metal // vibrants

twolegs // twolegstoneworks.com