Yet Another Renoise Track Generator

I am a flash developer by trade and have been a little bored at work lately. So I built my own flavor of the Renoise track generator entirely in flash. This version allows for chords and has a preview of the generated track.

http://www.seankeisman.com/musicgen/musicgen.html

Next project is multi instrument velocity switching.

Enjoy.

Wow, that’s fantastic. The preview option is killer!

I’ve been playing with this for a half hour. I think it’s quite cool. The horizontal interface is interesting. I think the higher-ups in the Renoise development hierarchy should be looking at it, at least for ideas.

I have a three suggestions if you are interested in working for free, i’ll even throw in some ingratitude at no extra cost!

1. Reset Button: I know I can reload the page. But a reset button is more intuitive.

2. Tweak option: Let’s say I generate a good melody but there are a few errors I would like to correct by adding a few extra orange slots, removing a few orange slots, or I want only 3 or 4 of the orange slots randomized but want to keep the rest. To do this without destroying the entire track I need a [Freeze] button. When I press the freeze button all notes turn blue. I can then click on the notes I want to tweak. Blue notes don’t change, the rest works as expected.

3. Stand-alone version: I used curl and already downloaded it. However, in order to play with it I need to drag it into a browser window. It would be nice if you could package the swf into an executable. And by executable I mean something that plays on my OS X machine, too.

Thanks!

Very easy to use, thanks to the preview.

Good work!

I have made some of the changes you have requested. You can download the standalone versions and reset the workspace. I am afraid the tweak option would confuse the heck out of most people and I cannot figure out how to add it gracefully.

I think the mac version will work, but I haven’t used a mac in 5 years. The application and the sample folder have to be in the same parent folder.

cheers!

mlon

Both links on the page lead to trackgenPC.zip, is that right?

Haha… That must have been my subconscious dislike of macs manifesting itself. The link is fixed.

looks nice,will try this out tommorow :D

I have created the playback feature as a separate swf. If anyone wants to use it in their project feel free.

http://www.seankeisman.com/musicgen/playback.html

This is a very simple example showing how to control the playback using javascript.

Very cool, liking the preview feature of your app. Cheers!

nice job!

Thank you very much Luxveritas for publishing your excellent application. I see a lot of potential in this one. A LOT.

Now THIS is a really cool and useful feature as well, with lots of applications. Awesome!

@Renoise devs: You should really have a serious talk with this guy! :D

nice tool cheers. I really like that we can get phrases from chords. this is great! thx!

Interesting, I will have a look. Thanks for your time and effort!

cool stuff. However, the timing is kinda strange sometimes. I guess its the midi timing or something.

The timing is strange because flash will not fire events at precise intervals. It will only fire an event on frame refresh. If you have a slow computer with low frame rates the timing is much worse.

Luxveritas, thank you for sharing this utility with us. :) This appeals to me since I’m a bit heavy with randomization schemes in my compositions. I sort of wish it could support patterns longer than 64 rows.

Very interesting and valuable. Thanks a lot. :)

This was cool. Dont know if I ever will use it, but It was fun to play around with it :)