#1 Hypnoid

Hypnoid

Advanced Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 21 March 2003 - 02:21

hello

i experienced a problem containing rendering. i put an effect (flanger) on master channel and turned it on and off for a short time only (strange enough i had to use the commands vice versa to achieve the on/off trigger). i also automated two of the effects faders between this time. and volume.

all works well when i play the song in renoise. i rendered it to a .wav then selecting to put all channels in one file and it worked with the effect (a few channels were a bit quiet though).

to have the possibility to master the track a bit better i tried rendering each channel to one .wav file then and here the mistake occurs: the volume commands are getting done but the flanger is not activated though the whole track. why is this?

i thought i maybe could use send tracks for this effect thingy but i haven't had the time to try it yet. will do when i got some sleep. but how can i put this effect for all channels? by sending it to the master?

anyway help appriechiated.
good night
die tonschabe

#2 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 March 2003 - 05:02

its of course normal. the MASTER output is only used if you render to a single file, if you let it render each track to a separate file, the way goes: Track -> Track Effects -> .WAV File. and if you render into ONE file it goes: Track -> Track Effects -> Master (mixed with all other tracks here) -> .WAV File.

Logical, isnt it?

#3 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 March 2003 - 05:04

again one more thing to think about, if it would use the Master when rendering to separate files, how should Renoise split the Sound again to Single Tracks, after they are going trough the Master at the same time?

#4 Hypnoid

Hypnoid

Advanced Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 21 March 2003 - 11:57

well these are basicly the thoughts that i had.

but there must be a way to do this kind of effect usage without having to set the effect for each channel/ open instances on each channel. i already run 12 channels with plenty vsts (including reaktor) and i'm around 60% processor usage when everything is running so i won't put in so much more i think.

anyway i'll try to experiment with the send channels a bit today. hope i get the desired result.

cheers
die tonschabe

#5 Johan

Johan

Guruh Motha Fakka is Levitating and Knows Everything About Renoise Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1657 posts

Posted 21 March 2003 - 19:20

Haven't tried this myself, but the obious solution would be to render master track and send tracks as separate files as well.

#6 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 March 2003 - 04:24

well the only solution i see for you is to render every track separately but telling Renoise "Render song in one file" but instead you SOLO the track you want to export, that IS timeconsumin, but has the desired effect that you want.