New song

This I started 2.nd of may and finished today, few minutes before i put it up on the song-page.

I got the name for the song after playing it for a friend of mine, and she said it sounded like the music she hears in her dreams… :blink:

Anywho, I wasn’t sure what kind of category it should be in… But i think maybe Electronic Ambient?

Lyrics:

Girl:“Oh god, i dreamed”
Man:“So did i. What did you dream?”
Giirl:“Oh i was lieing naked on the beach by the south seas. The sun was beating down. My skin… it was hot and cold at the same time. It was wonderful.”

Comments will be appreciated :)

~Dufey

Nice! I really enjoyed it… will probably enter my .mp3-playlist :P
certainly a dreamy flair to it with a slow but effective build-up with a well put break
where the conversation comes in giving it some dynamics…

with just a tad more work this one might well be competing with quite a few commercial
songs out there, I think… I would like the bassline to be more prominent, though…
maybe some careful EQ on that and a it’s a pity that the voice samples are so noisy…
also some repetition of the voices towards the end could add something… other than that… swell!

Hi!

Yeah, I searched my butt off for a better quality version of that wav file, even considered downloading the movie for it, but with no luck…

Thanks alot for your comments!

I might just add the voices on the end like you suggested :)

One thing I didn’t understand, though

–>… I would like the bassline to be more prominent, though…

(sorry i can’t figure the quote thing out hehe)

But thanks alot for your comments :)

:yeah:

~Dufey

well, It’s my personal taste but what I meant was to make it stand out a bit more (I don’t mean louder though)
cause it’s quite nice in it’s own right… It lacks some edge I think, especially on the lower frequencies it flattens out and sounds kind of muffled and is lost…
sometimes a tad bit EQ on the mid and high range can fix this but it’s no biggie, man! it’s still alright…

(another thing! every other bar at the first down-beat there’s a weird (faint) swishing falling noise. supposed to be there?)

iodean : :guitar:

Hi again IoDean :yeah:

[QUOTE](another thing! every other bar at the first down-beat there’s a weird (faint) swishing falling noise. supposed to be there?) [QUOTE]

You mean at the end?

I thought I would make something “stand out” at the end of the song, so I put the filter back on on the strings which i used in the "talking"part of the song…

Unless there was a different swishing sounds you’re talkin about :)

~Dufey

PS: I did a quick edit on the song (the filter thing at the end + i fixed some of the filter on the bassline, making it a lil sharper) a few hours after I put it on the song page, so if you downloaded it at an early stage you might not have gotten these changes :P :)

still tho, I should work more on the bassline

Thanks again for your comments!