MOD's Artists

Hey, I was just thinking about depeche.mod and wondered who made this song. I know that it’s not written in the module, that’s why I’m asking you.
Same goes for bladswed.mod . Who made this?
And who made hitch.mod? <- Edit: For anyone who googled across this thead, go here :)

Does anyone know these .mods at all? :)

some URLs where to search about it:

ModArchive

Amiga Music PReservation

lol, I made a mod called depeche.mod once, but it was just a cover-version of Depeche Mode’s song Photographic so I was acctually not the real author… I guess there is lot of modules called depeche.mod though and also lot o versions of photographic, so if you got one of these it is not nessesary my version ;)

Ehhhh… :rolleyes:
“ghost mods” are an old Amiga related issue :lol:

Xpecially in the very beginning, it was “kinda” useless to sign a mod down as releasing one was quite an event.
There was no Internet at that time and you know, modem speed allowed very low transferts averages… making it a big effort to send mods somewhere.

Mods where released toghether with other files, like mod players or as part of bigger productions like music disks, games, demos, soundtracks for scene-related diskmags and so on…
:yeah:

As users, we was not even supposed to “nose” into floppy disks with our Opus/diskmaster… so to open a Mod into a primitive tracker it eventually felt more like “hacking” something rather than simply “listening to a Mod” as we’re used today.

I did not have a modem at all until I bought my first PC and then BBSes were already a dead phenomena because of internet. I remember swapping lots of disks/mods with other musicians and other people worldwide which was quite big too… And as a mod collector you could do anything to try to get the mods, like hacking into the memory trying to find the mod in an huge byte stream (M.K. if anyone remembers… :D). Then lots of programs for ripping mods from demos came out making it a bit easier… those were the days… :)

Those were the days when people actually learned how to use a computer. You needed to know atleast some basics of coding and the programs didn’t come with fancy GUI’s…

Me, I entered the computer world too late. By this time win 3.11 had started to infect computers all over the world and the hardest thing I ever came across was to optimize memory so I could run my precious Transport Tycoon.

@ Johan:
Yes, I almost forgot :D
Of course a lot of the mod one finds around are missing samplenames because they were ripped away from some musicdisk… or some demo or game etc etc…
At that time being able to find one more mod was like “WHooo-ho!”
:lol: