Ooooh This Is Important!

Treat people as you wish them to treat you.

If you follow this philosophy you’re on a road leading to happiness.
:drummer:

Hahaha, that little drummer of yours is banging on those drums perfectly in sync with this beat i’m listening to!

:lol:

EDIT: PS: Great advice, Tobias B)

Rock on!!! :yeah:

road to happiness? not if everyone lives by the rule

what about masochists? :D i wouldn’t want them treating me as they’d like to be treated.

nope, it’s treat people how you feel like treating them. treat them in the way that makes you happy, then you don’t need to worry about a road to happiness, because you’re already there. :)

(p.s. this entire post was stolen from the book ‘illusions’ by richard bach)

Yup, but if you´re talking about masochists and sadists…
You’re playing a game, a role…

If you smile and are nice to someone they get happy, and then you get happier…

Ooo I’m trying to follow this philosophy, i’m not there yet heh…

Do I need to mention I wrote this post when I was drunk?
:ph34r:

Tobias : Do I need to mention I wrote this post when I was drunk?

So was I :D

(And they all got drunk and lived happily ever after.)

:yeah:

my smile doesn’t suit me

haha, god that sounded goth :D

i mean my smile makes me look like a different person

a LESS AESTHETICALLY PLEASING one

Uuu, you don’t have to smile… My smile doesn’t “suit me” either :)
But people like us can do other stuff instead of smiling
It was just an example ;)

Damn this world if everyone was walking around smiling hah!

there’s other ways to smile than with your mouth - many people smile with their eyes, if you notice … even if you think your smile doesn’t suit you, you might still be able to find a smile that’ll work for you, possibly using a lot less mouth, and a lot more eyes, or the rest of your face. The easiest way to find out, is to look in the mirror, and think about something that makes you happy - then try to correct - practice…

I’m serious :)

it’s not a vain thing to do either - just think of it as improving your body language … your body language is as important (sometimes more important) than your verbal language, and if you’re not satisfied with it, you should work on it - any part of your language is essential to clear communication, which is often the key to living in harmony with your surroundings.

Also, smiling is extremely healthy (mentally), both for yourself and the people around you, and therefore should be practiced by anyone who feels they’re not “good enough” at it ;)

Sorry if I sound like a f****in’ hippie, but I do mean every word :)

mindplay… I need you to be my online mentor :D

okay…so, the way to personal happiness is like this: no brain no pain - nothing to f**** - most luck ?

For those germans out there: Der Weg zum GlücK: Nix blicken und Nix ficken.

are you guys high?

High on happiness, eh? This has got to be the nicest tips & tricks-post ever… hehe… :D

Btw, the whole biblical golden rule is nice and all, I try to use it myself, but it doesn’t always work. One example are people preaching about how to live life the right way etc…

Nop, I say treat people nicely and with respect, try to understand their needs and act on it unless their needs are in total conflict with your own. Then limit the contact with the individual or you both will suffer from it.

It may sound kinda bad this way, but most people with some social intelligence work ok together. If you meet someone you find a total asshole, why try and try to like that person or make him/her like you, meanwhile ruining your peace of mind?

Now, I know people have very different reasons for acting the way they do, sometimes it’s a conflict of interest, other times they barricade themselves behind an asshole version of themselves cos they’re scared or something… Still, that concidered, it takes either a whole lot of social interest to either discover his/her problems, and unless this is something you really burn for it is most the time not really worth the mental breakdown it surely will cause you.

So, what I do is smile at the world, those who accept my smile and return it, I like. Those who don’t can live their life in peace, I won’t bother trying to break through a shell not intended for my breaking in the first place…

Omigod this became a bit long! :rolleyes: Sure hope I formulated this correct now, can’t be bothered to read through again, hehe…

oh, it’s more likely waaay older than the bible…
almost every religion today has a variant of this.

Almost every religion today is a variant of another religion… :) It’s all connected, it’s all the same with various differences. No, not all the same, some are opposit and just plain destructive, but most religions are about finding rules to live by to survive in a set norm and culture, punishment for breaking those rules, and an ultimate reward for following them.

Certain images that could make you smile:

A penguin smoking a pipe.
A squirrel with a gun.
A monkey in a spacesuit.
Cheese on toast.
Eggs on Legs.
Bra’s.
Renoise.

:D :D :D

<irc<le,
are you the mysterious “Guest” who posted some nifty stuff here and there?

just guessing…

btw, the first one who posts a guest post saying “no, it’s me” wins a forced Cubase 1.0 installation on his primary HD <_<

no it’s em

HA got ye!!! Gweeeeheheheeeelll…

:ph34r:

LISTEN TO XTC