103 replies to this topic

#51 Johann

Johann

Guruh Motha Fakka is Levitating and Knows Everything About Renoise Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2774 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 12:07

@ Johan: do you ever get tired of getting into these discussions? You seem to run into these all to often.

nah, they run into me, and no, I don't. do you get tired of exercising? nope, you get more agile.

music / photos / renoise scripts

hay guises! action/reaction. I'm not into leaving or avoiding places, I ban 'em by making sure I get banned.. loadsa noise, little signal.. basically anything else makes more sense to spend energy on. thanks for the app, but from here on out we simply don't have any use for each other period. oh, and of course big shoutouts to bit-arts and kaneel and anyone else I forgot :D :D

#52 Johann

Johann

• Normal Members
  • 2774 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 12:24

Dude, turn it like you want. I tried to help someone who didn't know the dry/wet for these plug ins.

you replied to a suggestion for a new device with that, yes...

And yes, users should know their plug ins before they scream for new. Kinda logical thing.

...but no, that does NOT apply to fx which don't have these controls, it does NOT make them uniform (each plugin has the sliders in a different spot), and it does NOT apply to VST's.

hence my "no to you both". which is my whole point and you keep dodging it. that makes the crud of back and forth posts build up.

you instantly implied I was being childish and kept gaining speed from there.

oh, and if you reply with a workaround to a suggestion and do NOT preface it with something like "in the meantime, you can try this", it might be read as an argument against the suggestion, especially how you worded it, with that condescending undertone.

No, that's not all. I could continue the list.

continue the list? in what chronological direction though? so you're not debating you started with the whole getting personal thing? good. after all, it's there to read, the posts have timestamps :lol:

btw I didn't "call you a pussy" like you claim, I said "you behave like a little pussy". I also didn't call you can insect... you called me stalker for still knowing how things transpired, so I said I have an attention span longer than a housefly, that's all. and the windshield/insect thing is just how it is, but of course you cannot see that. instead you twist the stuff and then accuse me of doing that. gah. okay, NOW it's starting to bore me, too :lol:

Edited by Johann, 28 June 2010 - 12:25.

hay guises! action/reaction. I'm not into leaving or avoiding places, I ban 'em by making sure I get banned.. loadsa noise, little signal.. basically anything else makes more sense to spend energy on. thanks for the app, but from here on out we simply don't have any use for each other period. oh, and of course big shoutouts to bit-arts and kaneel and anyone else I forgot :D :D

#53 Guest_BitArts_*

Guest_BitArts_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 June 2010 - 15:29

Nope the tb 303 = 18 db resonance filter

http://en.wikipedia....i/Roland_TB-303

It was a 24db filter, used with 18db because it was cheap crap.

Well, not quite everything. just the download link. You made sure to leave the thread title unedited.
Indicating, to me at least, that you're more interested in making sure people know you deleted it than you are with just simply deleting it.

In the long run, it's probably healthier for all involved that contributions aren't made by such users.

Good luck in your quest for a production forum utopia

I have no idea how to change the thread title. Indicating, to me at least, I can't change or delete it.

What do you mean with "such users". Are you the next trying to piss on my shoes without a reason?

Edited by BitArts, 28 June 2010 - 15:38.

#54 kazakore

kazakore

Probably More God or Borg Than Human Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6140 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 15:30

Well, not quite everything. just the download link. You made sure to leave the thread title unedited.
Indicating, to me at least, that you're more interested in making sure people know you deleted it than you are with just simply deleting it.

I think only Admin can edit thread titles.

#55 Guest_BitArts_*

Guest_BitArts_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 June 2010 - 15:34

@ bitarts: lower your expectations of the internets. It comes across childish to remove something because you didn't get enough attention. Like someone already mentioned, lurkers can dl and not reply + summertime and a world championship + some people spending more time in Renoise then on the forums. Deal with it.

That's got nothing to do with attention. My DLs obviously had a lot of attention, because 900 people downloaded my crap. I don't care about attention. To me it's still a lack of manners and I still think like I wrote before.

#56 dfast

dfast

Chief Above Chief Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 15:49

Oh dear.

900 downloads and 30 thanks is a pretty damn good achievement when talking about the internet. Not enough for you though, such a pity... liked the first version of this thing but never managed to download the updates. And expecting the usual "thanks" from people is actually referred to as a slight seek for attention. Why? Well, if I ever managed to create something of this caliber on my own, I'd know that a lot of people will like it and I personally wouldn't need "thanks" from every single one or 50% or even 10% of the people checking my thing out. I'd know people like it so they don't have to prove me right.

Expecting manners from a public forum is downright arrogant.

It's most definitely not crap that you made, but deleting the download links for whatever more reasons you might have is just plain childish.

Once again, I don't mean to offend you but I personally hate this sort of behaviour.

Thanks!
  • kazakore, Moss and D4yF4kt0 like this

dfastmusic.net - the web
Buy the latest as a digital download: dfast.bandcamp.com
Sampler of the latest album (funk/disco/boogie):

D Fast - Followers of Disco topic @ renoiz

#57 Guest_BitArts_*

Guest_BitArts_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 June 2010 - 16:01

Oh dear.

900 downloads and 30 thanks is a pretty damn good achievement when talking about the internet. Not enough for you though, such a pity... liked the first version of this thing but never managed to download the updates. And expecting the usual "thanks" from people is actually referred to as a slight seek for attention. Why? Well, if I ever managed to create something of this caliber on my own, I'd know that a lot of people will like it and I personally wouldn't need "thanks" from every single one or 50% or even 10% of the people checking my thing out. I'd know people like it so they don't have to prove me right.

Expecting manners from a public forum is downright arrogant.

It's most definitely not crap that you made, but deleting the download links for whatever more reasons you might have is just plain childish.

Once again, I don't mean to offend you but I personally hate this sort of behaviour.

Thanks!

Saying thanks is a minimum of respect for someones work, done and shared for free. That's the way it is for me. And what's the way it's for you? Showing not a minimum of respect is normal. Having no manners is normal. And expecting manners is downright arrogant. :lol: I really wonder who's childish. Some nice characters here... :D

Edited by BitArts, 28 June 2010 - 16:21.

#58 kazakore

kazakore

• Normal Members
  • 6140 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 16:25

How long have you been using the internet?

Do you expect people to register just to say thank you to you?

Do you expect people to instantly try something the moment they download it and then then say thanks?

Do you expect everybody who downloads it then tries it at a later date to remember where they got it from and who posted it?

Do you not just feel happy that so many people are trying out something you created, most probably getting recommended beyond this board to get that amount of downloads, and hopefully getting something useful or educational out of it? Currently 15 users online, 4 of which are bots, so that leaves at this precise moment in time 11 real people reading this board who are able to comment and 28 guests who may click on your who would have to register, which I can't see them doing, especially without trying first (and just checking the number it went from 11 - 5 real people logged in.) How many active, register users do you think this forum has a week/month. I think you will find the vast majority are lurkers.

Are those 900 downloads from all three version? So in fact you may be talking closer to 300 people? Not that that really makes much difference...
  • Moss likes this

#59 dblue

dblue

Dodgy Geezer

• Admins
  • 5811 posts
  • Interests:Code. Music. Graphics.

Posted 28 June 2010 - 16:38

Saying thanks is a minimum of respect for someones work, done and shared for free.

It seems like everyone who responded to your work here did say thank you, and did show their appreciation and respect. It's unfortunate that you didn't get as many comments as you did the number of downloads, but did you honestly expect that you would? Even in the most active forums and online communities, you will always have more people taking than giving back. There are always more people who are simply reading posts and clicking links, than actually posting replies and giving feedback - that's life. Not to mention that many users are browsing as anonymous guests who can't reply without registering first, as maes already pointed out.

I'm sorry that you feel disappointed by this situation, but I don't really understand your choice to punish the people who did show their appreciation. It would be a shame if you have decided to punish these guys who like your work, if that decision was based on any drama that you might have encountered in other threads/posts on the forum. Focus on the good aspects of what has been said here, not the negative aspects of what has been said elsewhere.

</2cents>

Thanks for your contribution anyway, short-lived though it was. I did actually happen to catch one of the earlier versions of the file, and found it quite impressive.
  • plasmaniac likes this

#60 kazakore

kazakore

• Normal Members
  • 6140 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 16:50

I have V1.31 and if BitArts does not object I am willing to host it for as long as required for those that may wish to check it out. Of course I wouldn't feel right hosting somebody's work without the owner's permission though.

#61 Guest_BitArts_*

Guest_BitArts_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 June 2010 - 16:50

What I can see is, I'm the one who cares least of all about the deleted DLs, having the least problem with it. All the rest is complaining about this "bad" behaviour while declaring poor manners an acceptable internet standard and telling me I have to get used with it. I'd say there something going wrong here, hm!? :)

The attitude of some people here seems to me like a declaration of personal character bankruptcy. I'm tired of this discussion.

To all still replying after this, trying to flame on and provoke: BLAH! :)

#62 dfast

dfast

Chief Above Chief Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 17:43

In real life it's you + some others. In the web it's you + rest of the world.

Guess the point isn't really going through here, so no reason for me to flame or provoke anyone. I for one don't have my mind set the way yours is. I don't expect or even require "manners" in the web. Makes web browsing both harder and a whole lot easier.

Oh, and as for me: Every download I get for my music is a thanks on itself. I don't demand people to throw in some extra effort, comments and whatnot. It's an effort enough that they're hearing and seeing what I've done. I love the idea of someone actually using minutes of his/her life checking my output out. That's how I feel about it and that's the reason why I didn't like your way handling the matter on discussion here.

Needless to say I'm done here.

Edited by dfast, 28 June 2010 - 17:49.

dfastmusic.net - the web
Buy the latest as a digital download: dfast.bandcamp.com
Sampler of the latest album (funk/disco/boogie):

D Fast - Followers of Disco topic @ renoiz

#63 taktik

taktik

Renoise Developer

• Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15040 posts
  • Interests:füße waschen

Posted 28 June 2010 - 19:22

Guys: Why all this fuzz? Bitarts created a great tutorial and a lot of users downloaded the thing and found it useful. Also bitarts got very good feedback here, until the discussion went a bit out of control - linked to other threads - got personal - had nothing to do with the tool. We have to live with this.

Do you think we get an email from everyone who downloaded of Renoise? You really can't expect this. We get a few ones, but those are the important ones. Just the time you launch your email client and do write "something" is time someone dedicated to you and your creation. So you got quite a lot of attention now, didn't you Bitarts?

And sorry, but I won't delete the whole thread just because you guys have a bad day. Discussion is what this forum is all about, so lets please discuss, and not remove threads...
  • maes likes this

#64 Moonriders

Moonriders

Big Masta Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 19:44

Oh man, I have Always wanted to do this. :dribble:

I use to do this all the time, but not in this caliber.
Eventually, I came with the realization it's best just to forget about anything I upload to the internet.

Once I was at a going away party, toward the end of the night the person leaving just flat out told everyone there how much they sucked and how he wasn't going to miss anyone because he hated everyone there.
It was classic, but things didn't work out for him in the end, was a perfect example in history of why not to be a dick.

#65 Guest_BitArts_*

Guest_BitArts_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 June 2010 - 20:11

Guys: Why all this fuzz? Bitarts created a great tutorial and a lot of users downloaded the thing and found it useful. Also bitarts got very good feedback here, until the discussion went a bit out of control - linked to other threads - got personal - had nothing to do with the tool. We have to live with this.

Do you think we get an email from everyone who downloaded of Renoise? You really can't expect this. We get a few ones, but those are the important ones. Just the time you launch your email client and do write "something" is time someone dedicated to you and your creation. So you got quite a lot of attention now, didn't you Bitarts?

And sorry, but I won't delete the whole thread just because you guys have a bad day. Discussion is what this forum is all about, so lets please discuss, and not remove threads...

It's still not about attention. And I still don't know why everyone talks abaout attention. The whole discussion in between is only turning around "huuuuh, only 30 saying thanks.". I told 2 reasons, why I deleted my posts. But it seems it's to embarassing for everyone to take the second reason also into the discussion. Fact is I postet my files and tips also to get some skilled feedback or to make out some skilled contacts. I didn't become active here to be the fairy godmother, giving away gifts all the day. I was looking for exchange. Exchange that didn't happen. A reason that all complaining people seem to likely forget or ignore.

#66 Moonriders

Moonriders

Big Masta Member

• Normal Members
  • 529 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 20:23

You know man BitArts, you don't have to offer any reason or explanation of anything that you do. You can let people decide to lead themselves to believe anything they want, they always will and always do.
It's sad for me to see you feel burned in this endeavor of yours.

You should stick around, eventually you will find those you are looking for here.
The internet in general is a cold and cruel place, but sometimes you will be led to the nice places.
You just have to keep quiet.

#67 D4yF4kt0

D4yF4kt0

• Normal Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 20:45

think of it from a newbie point of view.
just getting into renoise, cruise the tips & tricks section, oh this looks promising - oh no, the guy removed the tip/trick/tutorial/set because he's very highly strung.

he wants to delete the tips/set, so be it. no argument from me. And I'm all for discussion, we could discuss this in another thread... but in light of the lack of content it's a bit of an unnecessary cock tease leaving these threads in the tips & tricks section imo.

#68 Guest_BitArts_*

Guest_BitArts_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 June 2010 - 21:03

think of it from a newbie point of view.
just getting into renoise, cruise the tips & tricks section, oh this looks promising - oh no, the guy removed the tip/trick/tutorial/set because he's very highly strung.

Nice try. Your 3rd post and already the 2nd try to flame. Still doesn't work.

#69 taktik

taktik

Renoise Developer

• Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15040 posts
  • Interests:füße waschen

Posted 28 June 2010 - 22:00

Alright. Moved to "Offtopic". Better?

#70 Moonriders

Moonriders

Big Masta Member

• Normal Members
  • 529 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 02:00

ADMIN: REMOVED LINK
(Moonriders: Please stop that)
  • razmakati and D4yF4kt0 like this

#71 vincentvc

vincentvc

Guruh Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 968 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 08:26

renoise303v1.31
written by suck my ass

dude, that's really not cool. <.<
  • Garf, Moss and plasmaniac like this
bla

#72 D4yF4kt0

D4yF4kt0

• Normal Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 14:49

Alright. Moved to "Offtopic". Better?

what do you think ?
You can put it back if you enjoy teasing users with empty promises ?

Otherwise, ya, I'd say it's a lot better for newbies. If you want perfection you could move these threads too

http://www.renoise.c...showtopic=25716
http://www.renoise.c...showtopic=25689

:D

Edited by D4yF4kt0, 29 June 2010 - 15:04.

#73 Johann

Johann

• Normal Members
  • 2774 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 15:50

sorry, but...

http://www.renoise.com/board/index.php?showtopic=25689

wow & lol...

"And it really seems there is some "I've already done it all, too"-desease out here."

this is so super hardcore ironic considering this erupted because people (I) wouldn't accept his tricks as replacement for a feature suggestion?! and I'm pretty sure that was the straw that broke the camels back.. in the two threads I mentioned earlier he turned sour because I and someone else talked back, said "oh then I will withhold my explanations" or something along those lines, soon after I noticed the 303 link had disappeared in his sig. (at the risk of being called stalker again, I just noticed that sorry) yeah, I'm speculating and yeah, it doesn't *really* matter, but I *really* had the feeling it wasn't really about the download numbers, that wasn't the trigger, it was those two threads..

and no, I'm not trying to pour oil on it, I'm just slightly offended by certain knee-jerk passive-aggressive implications towards me, reading the stuff above and realizing that at least this one time it wasn't my fault, instead it's everybody else fault for not talking back earlier, hah! but oh no, "Johann is at it again"... so to anyone who thought that because they were too lazy to follow the actual discussion, lulz.

well sorry again, but I had to get that off my chest or I would have been SURE to weave that in on other occasions, and I'd rather be done with this.

Edited by Johann, 29 June 2010 - 15:51.

#74 Airmann

Airmann

Big GrandDaddy Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 486 posts
  • Interests:dnb, production, mixing, mastering, sound design, developing

Posted 01 July 2010 - 00:49

@BitArts:
are you THE BitArts of the Amiga Scene (Red Sector Megademo) ? I loved your song "ba1" ...it was one of those songs that I ripped, just to see how it was made and of course to get the samples ;-)). This was 22 years ago or so. Thanks for this great stuff man.

But honestly BitArts - I find your expectations also way too high. This community was always helpfull and active and hasn't deserved your deletions.
Now, you talk like an old diva who desperately longs for respect, or like a narcissist that cries for attention .. "Thank me, thank me please"

Do you really need this ? The only result of your deletion is that I really lose some respect for you.

So please be a man and re-insert the download link, again and undo your deletions !

BTW: I love to share knowledge and I'm doing "active" Renoising since quite a while now ! The Reason I'm not hanging in this forum all the time: I make music and that costs time.

Edited by Airmann, 01 July 2010 - 01:12.

#75 Sergeant_Doofy

Sergeant_Doofy

• Normal Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 02:27

-

Edited by Sergeant_Doofy, 01 July 2010 - 03:17.