162 replies to this topic

#26 Johann

Johann

Guruh Motha Fakka is Levitating and Knows Everything About Renoise Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2774 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 04:54

Dude, you're iliterate, and all your "technical and musical skills" can't make up for that. My first post still makes sense in here, you replied bs and I made the mistake to keep countering it. You just bring up new stuff and throw fits. "I'm really fed up with this now. Freaks... C ya" == empty promise?

Btw. I was refering to send, because you (LOL!) tried to tell me how to route. Bwahaha... good 1.

LOL? where? quote please ^^

Edited by Johann, 28 June 2010 - 04:54.

music / photos / renoise scripts

hay guises! action/reaction. I'm not into leaving or avoiding places, I ban 'em by making sure I get banned.. loadsa noise, little signal.. basically anything else makes more sense to spend energy on. thanks for the app, but from here on out we simply don't have any use for each other period. oh, and of course big shoutouts to bit-arts and kaneel and anyone else I forgot :D :D

#27 charlylinch

charlylinch

Guruh Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 09:13

I know it's not my job..
but bitarts and johann can you please be nice to each-other :)
..try to read a post like it is always positive. I found 3 topics already with discussions and I don't wanna lose some of you guys on the board because every post you make gets critics.
You're both a good complement on the board ;)
  • Garf, Moss and vincentvc like this

#28 Johann

Johann

• Normal Members
  • 2774 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 09:17

no to "Get used to your plug ins before you scream for features." because while this may hold true for the internal fx, it does NOT hold true for the wide arrange of free and weird (and crappy) VST fx out there.

Then you'd better scream at these and not at Renoise. ;)

pretty hard to read that and other things positively though.

hay guises! action/reaction. I'm not into leaving or avoiding places, I ban 'em by making sure I get banned.. loadsa noise, little signal.. basically anything else makes more sense to spend energy on. thanks for the app, but from here on out we simply don't have any use for each other period. oh, and of course big shoutouts to bit-arts and kaneel and anyone else I forgot :D :D

#29 Guest_Matt_*

Guest_Matt_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 June 2010 - 12:22

are we there yet

are we there yet

are we there yet

are we there yet

are we there yet

#30 kazakore

kazakore

Probably More God or Borg Than Human Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6140 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 15:16

BitArts: You have made some very useful posts in this forum but in this thread, and a few others, you have been very abrupt and rude, not to mention stubborn.

Why do you need to understand VST (or AU or LADSPA for that matter) archituecture to create a device that takes a signal, splits it in two, sends on through the effect and delays the other one by the processing time of the effect (using ADC where applicable, overriadable by user entry) then recombines through two gainer devices (either two sliders or with inverted control, -6dB of each in centre would do.)

No way impossible or requiring deep understanding of every device ever written. Removing the need for dozens of send tracks if you are wanting to do this many times within your song. Making flow and reading your DSP chains a lot easier.

And guess what. It would stop you from being able to do it your beloved way with Send tracks at all!

#31 kazakore

kazakore

• Normal Members
  • 6140 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 16:27

BitArts: You have made some very useful posts in this forum but in this thread, and a few others, you have been very abrupt and rude, not to mention stubborn.

After reading the newer entries in the Ren303 thread I see your egotism has spread even to there so the first part of the above isn't really appropriate any more.

#32 Guest_BitArts_*

Guest_BitArts_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 June 2010 - 18:04

After reading the newer entries in the Ren303 thread I see your egotism has spread even to there so the first part of the above isn't really appropriate any more.

Egotism, because I don't want to share my own work anymore? :lol: Where are your shares? Is this the same guy talking about MY egotism, who announced to violate my copyright, even if he doesn't feel good with it?

Some of you guys should really face a mirror from time to time...

Nothing more to say.

#33 kazakore

kazakore

• Normal Members
  • 6140 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 18:42

Is this the same guy talking about MY egotism, who announced to violate my copyright, even if he doesn't feel good with it?

Um Where? I offered to host if you had no objections.

I have V1.31 and if BitArts does not object I am willing to host it for as long as required for those that may wish to check it out. Of course I wouldn't feel right hosting somebody's work without the owner's permission though.

Get your head out your arse mate!

And it's egotistical to upload something, feel you're not getting appreciated enough for it, throw a tantrum and in the process eject all your toys from your pram. If you can't see this then that is your problem.

#34 Moonriders

Moonriders

Big Masta Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 19:17

[deleted]

Get used to your plug ins before you scream for features. That doesn't target you personally. But lots of people are screaming for features atm and don't even know what the plug ins they already have are good for.

BitArts, I hate to pick you out but,
this is where it all seems to have gone wrong.

The idea & suggestions subforum is for as the title states, you are going against the natural flow of the design.

#35 Guest_BitArts_*

Guest_BitArts_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 June 2010 - 19:18

Um Where? I offered to host if you had no objections.

Get your head out your arse mate!

And it's egotistical to upload something, feel you're not getting appreciated enough for it, throw a tantrum and in the process eject all your toys from your pram. If you can't see this then that is your problem.

I prefer my own arse instead of sticking my head into other peoples arse.

A tantrum? Where? I've simply deleted it and gave a very friendly and honest explanation after someones question about the reason. As I already told, it seems all others seem to have a problem with that. Not me. I just wonder where you people raise your claim from. To tell it like I was told: happens a million times on the internet. Get used to it.

Egoistical is to take only. I can't see anything egoistical in the decision not to support that kind of people anymore. While I'm sorry for the people that weren't of that kind. But once more, let's tell it like I was told here: that's life.

The whole reaction and attitude of the discussion just shows I did the right thing.

#36 kazakore

kazakore

• Normal Members
  • 6140 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 19:48

Egoistical is to take only. I can't see anything egoistical in the decision not to support that kind of people anymore. While I'm sorry for the people that weren't of that kind. But once more, let's tell it like I was told here: that's life.

I think you need to learn what the ego is and what egotistical means. In no does it mean you can not give anything but it can mean, that upon an action of giving something you expect a certain response. This exactly fitted your actions, whereupon, feeling that you didn't get the required response needed to polish your ego you then had to fully change your modus operandi to get as much attention as possible, further succumbing to your ego.

Then you go and accuse me of copyright infringement, when in fact I stated I wouldn't do something without your permission, yet failed to actually reply to the offer even though there was very obvious, although indirect, request for your permission for or against.

Also see you completely ignore the points that the device does make complete sense and you were talking nonsense throughout most your replies in this thread.

#37 Guest_BitArts_*

Guest_BitArts_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 June 2010 - 21:59

I think you need to learn what the ego is and what egotistical means. In no does it mean you can not give anything but it can mean, that upon an action of giving something you expect a certain response. This exactly fitted your actions, whereupon, feeling that you didn't get the required response needed to polish your ego you then had to fully change your modus operandi to get as much attention as possible, further succumbing to your ego.

Then you go and accuse me of copyright infringement, when in fact I stated I wouldn't do something without your permission, yet failed to actually reply to the offer even though there was very obvious, although indirect, request for your permission for or against.

Also see you completely ignore the points that the device does make complete sense and you were talking nonsense throughout most your replies in this thread.

*g* ... sorry, please don't ask me to take that serious. You are analyzing me and really think you're in a position to tell me things about me that even I don't know? :lol: I'm gonna ignore that part friendly. You don't know anything about me. :)

Yeah, for the device I have to admit this seems to be a "simple" missunderstanding on my side, because I got the origin suggestion (in some other post) as "drop VST in and the device does the rest". Which to me meant he wanted it to be automatically configured as dry/wet by the device... which in practice is nonsense. And this in mind I replied on the device. Considering this you will see my replies made sense. But yes, I was wrong.

Still I don't like the idea the way it is suggested now. It's not a dry/wet device. In fact it would be a "thru"-connector. And with that in mind it would make sense to add in/out/thru port to any stream device instead of a "dry/wet device". Which would make connections possible like with Reason's wires. Imagine what you could do with automated port-connectors, even in combination with cross-tracking...

Edited by BitArts, 28 June 2010 - 22:13.

#38 Guest_BitArts_*

Guest_BitArts_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 June 2010 - 22:31

BitArts, I hate to pick you out but,
this is where it all seems to have gone wrong.

The idea & suggestions subforum is for as the title states, you are going against the natural flow of the design.

Not really, because the poster simply thought a lot of devices don't have dry/wet sliders. That's why he suggested the device. But each and everyone has, even if it isn't named that way. And after listing the sliders for each device he was okay with that. And if you like the way I closed the reply/list or not. If he'd known these before, he hadn't suggested it.

Design is not the process of "no matter how much you know about what you're talking, just talk". Would you go to a car dealer and suggest him to sell cars with 4 wheels? He'd think you're nuts...

#39 kazakore

kazakore

• Normal Members
  • 6140 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 22:35

Not sure if I like the idea or not myself but I can see how it would be advantageous to other people. Thing I find most weird is that you would have to load a DSP inside it. Either that or add this encapsulation layer to every DSP loaded every time. But at the same time it is neater than the current solution of using sends, what may turn into many, many, many sends if you want to wet/dry mix/adjust a few DSPs in the same chain.

A more modular approach to everything is always going to be advantageous and preferable but something many of us have gone beyond wishing for in the more immediate future (although hopefully eventually) so solutions that fit in with the current way of working, at least to some extent, with often get suggested as a hopefully more easy and thus more likely to be implemented manner (or so is hoped.)

I wont pick apart the first part although I could do. Shouldn't of let myself get pulled in personal in the first place and I apologise for doing so.

#40 kazakore

kazakore

• Normal Members
  • 6140 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 22:44

Double post. Work internet connection being VERY flaky!

Edited by kazakore, 28 June 2010 - 22:48.

#41 Moonriders

Moonriders

Big Masta Member

• Normal Members
  • 529 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 23:03

Not really, because the poster simply thought a lot of devices don't have dry/wet sliders. That's why he suggested the device. But each and everyone has, even if it isn't named that way. And after listing the sliders for each device he was okay with that. And if you like the way I closed the reply/list or not. If he'd known these before, he hadn't suggested it.

Design is not the process of "no matter how much you know about what you're talking, just talk". Would you go to a car dealer and suggest him to sell cars with 4 wheels? He'd think you're nuts...

No, it's exactly that.
He only retracted because of your vigilance toward the subject.

It's exactly why the other alpha males are on you now.

#42 Guest_BitArts_*

Guest_BitArts_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 June 2010 - 23:19

No, it's exactly that.
He only retracted because of your vigilance toward the subject.

It's exactly why the other alpha males are on you now.

alpha males? only beta males. :D sorry. couldn't resist. ;)

#43 Moonriders

Moonriders

Big Masta Member

• Normal Members
  • 529 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 23:32

alpha males? only beta males. :D sorry. couldn't resist. ;)

Just googled you, and didn't realize how long you've been tracking, respect. It really shows in your work too, very refined.

However, I can tell you've probably been at the source of many a flame war.
So I know you know the old adage of sarcasm being the lowest form of wit. That being always highly incendiary. :unsure:

#44 Guest_BitArts_*

Guest_BitArts_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 June 2010 - 23:44

Just googled you, and didn't realize how long you've been tracking, respect. It really shows in your work too, very refined.

However, I can tell you've probably been at the source of many a flame war.
So I know you know the old adage of sarcasm being the lowest form of wit. That being always highly incendiary. :unsure:

Many flame wars? :lol: Did I miss something? I had exactly one "battle", not too long ago. I doubt you're gonna find any more for the last... hm... 8 years? So, don't create an image you can't stand to prove. ;)

#45 Johann

Johann

• Normal Members
  • 2774 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 23:54

Thing I find most weird is that you would have to load a DSP inside it. Either that or add this encapsulation layer to every DSP loaded every time. But at the same time it is neater than the current solution of using sends, what may turn into many, many, many sends if you want to wet/dry mix/adjust a few DSPs in the same chain.

so isn't the solution to all of this "proper routing"? every effect has inputs and outputs. a dsp chain like we have them now would be daisy chained, and if you want you can switch to a more advanced view and route stuff to your hearts content, as long as left to right order is maintained. no more sends, just tracks.

obviously I have no idea how feasible it is to so radically change the architecture, or how much work it would take to make that usable GUI wise... but this feels less like duct tape if you catch my drift.

#46 Moonriders

Moonriders

Big Masta Member

• Normal Members
  • 529 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 00:11

Many flame wars? :lol: Did I miss something? I had exactly one "battle", not too long ago. I doubt you're gonna find any more for the last... hm... 8 years? So, don't create an image you can't stand to prove. ;)

Man I know what I've read about the oldschool tracking scene. You guys use to fight and argue over extraordinarily petty things, many of you guys were tremendously self absorbed assholes, and ruined what you had by being extremely aggro to each other, as much as you possibly could.
Honestly, am I wrong?

And while pretty much everyone here is self-absorbed and can be assholes sometimes, we do try to be nice to each other most of the time I think. As we do know that's what keeps this shit going.
I'm sure Taktik doesn't want to come to the forums only to see a bunch of users in heated arguements, just for the sake of taking out their aggresion on others.

I enjoy those files you posted, I didn't know they were copyrighted but man you went from hero to villain in just like a couple hours, it's like you are looking at all the wrong things.

I'm just trying to reason with you.

#47 Guest_BitArts_*

Guest_BitArts_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 June 2010 - 00:28

Man I know what I've read about the oldschool tracking scene. You guys use to fight and argue over extraordinarily petty things, many of you guys were tremendously self absorbed assholes, and ruined what you had by being extremely aggro to each other, as much as you possibly could.
Honestly, am I wrong?

And while pretty much everyone here is self-absorbed and can be assholes sometimes, we do try to be nice to each other most of the time I think. As we do know that's what keeps this shit going.
I'm sure Taktik doesn't want to come to the forums only to see a bunch of users in heated arguements, just for the sake of taking out their aggresion on others.

I enjoy those files you posted, I didn't know they were copyrighted but man you went from hero to villain in just like a couple hours, it's like you are looking at all the wrong things.

I'm just trying to reason with you.

Dude, what are you talking about and whoTF is "you guys"? I don't care what you've read about the oldschool tracking secene. Don't tell me how it was and specially don't tell me how it was for me. For me "scene" was sitting at home, tracking after work with my GF next to me, maybe a phone call a week and maybe meeting some members once in three month. So don't tell me how shitty old school was, because you obviously have no idea how it was. I've not even had a single discussion about something going wrong with any member. So don't talk for and about me. Are we clear?

I don't care from what I went to what. You claim radnom bullshit here and can't even prove it. You are even searching google to find something. Search on... but don't tell random crap here. If you claim something, prove it!

Edit: This is sicko land. I'm off here.

Edited by BitArts, 29 June 2010 - 00:44.

#48 Moonriders

Moonriders

Big Masta Member

• Normal Members
  • 529 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 00:48

I googled you once.

Yeah man, you are gonna get banned, you are taking aggression out on me after I asked you a couple questions with good intent. I was trying to figure out just what your problem is. Hidden rage man it's a killer. You should seek help.

Now we all know to ignore you.

farewell.
  • dblue likes this

#49 Johann

Johann

• Normal Members
  • 2774 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 00:55

It's a pity you misinterpreted my "no" wrong, as a "no to what you said", instead of a "no to what you said as a 'solution' to what was proposed".

I am NOT sorry that I react to this kind of bossish attitude with extreme stubborness. You're so bent on thinking everyone is below you, you don't even take the time to think a playful reply (which you then call childish, as opposed to what you're pulling off here lol?) might have more merit than initially occurs to you. when that is explained, you just cover your ears and go la-la, or rather, "fuck you". YOUR LOSS.

and at that point I think "okay, he doesn't have good intentions and he doesn't have ammo, let's practice". that is a shitty attitude towards the forum, I cannot deny that. but personally, I don't lose sleep over not rolling over to some random guy thinking he's the shit. if I didn't think that would be bullyish to the max, I would do it with private messages. instead I decided to fire sharp, short bursts. trust me, I tried the whole writing a book thing, and that was much worse ^^

there was one thing I feel was uncalled for, the last statement in this post. I was venting actually, and indirectly calling you a a pouting little bitch wasn't called for or fair. however, you then go ahead and prove me right and I think wtf, why can't you play your cards right and teach ME a lesson? I could use one, you know? it's not like I don't sometimes go on peoples nuts.. but you make me seem like a grown up pacifist, which is a feat.

and no, I don't think this is entirely fair, in a way I wish I could back you up somehow. I don't think you hurt anyone or damaged anything.

yes, you have a big ego, but I can not blame anyone for that without being a fucking hypocrite... and also not for misunderstanding things and finding it hard to back down. you're painting yourself into a corner man, take this from someone who knows. when you are so generous with *general* insults, for whatever reason, and have such a weak position, people will pile on you. I'm not saying it's better to diss individuals like I did, but if you basically call us all "freaks" and keep that tone up, what do you expect? because you made a 303 and explained a bunch of parameters we cannot afford to lose your ass? the internet as a whole reacts much more stubbornly and much more proudly to that than even me.

Edited by Johann, 29 June 2010 - 01:04.

• dblue likes this

#50 Johann

Johann

• Normal Members
  • 2774 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 01:04

Edit: This is sicko land. I'm off here.

o_O

nevermind...
  • Garf likes this