I'm totally fascinated by the new LUA scripting framework
and right now I'm implementing support for the Presonus FaderPort DAW controller.
The main thing about the Faderport is it's professional grade touch-sensitive
moto-fader with a 10 bit (!) resolution. Means values from 0..1023 (fine adjustments are possible)
Therefore, two 7 bit midi messages in a row are sent for each fader position change
This controller is perfectly integrated in all mayor DAW's, but also in Reaper.
The Reaper control surface driver is licensed under LGPL and a nice template to
Here's my development tactic ;-):
- create a default 1:1 clone of the Reaper Faderport control surface
- try to cover as much as possible via midi map / defaults
- support bi-directional communication for moto-fader movements
- MOST IMPORTANT: SUPPORT AUTOMATIC TRACK-SWITCHTING NOTIFICATION WITH AUTO-FADER ADJUSTMENT !! - hope that's technically possible
- support high-resolution via db level calc function from reaper code
- support endless pan-trigger
- Opitonal: support for fader automation rides and buttons read/write/touch
- Optional: support for native DSP's ? (Gainer, EQ,Comp,...) AND DSP-SWITCHING LISTENER (?)
Maybe somebody's interested and wants to help ?
Questions in advance
- is there a hook/listener possible for track / mixer channel changes ?
- best way to add own calc functions (new derived class or something ?)
- are endless triggers for panning supported ?
- write/read fader rides for automation curves -> any ideas how to implement ?
Reaper SDK with Faderport driver in C++ -> http://www.reaper.fm...ugin/plugin.php
I will develop this during the next 4 Weeks or so. I will release an alpha here ASAP
Edited by Airmann, 07 November 2010 - 01:24.