Want To Buy A New Pc - What Do You Think About This Specs?

I’ve got a music/gfx card, 3xHDD etc. I need only a new CPU+MoBo+RAM.

CPU: Intel Core i5-760 2,8 GHz 8MB
MoBo: Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD3 (or GA-P55A-USB3 - a bit cheaper?)
RAM: GoodRam 2x2GB DDR3-1333 Dual Chanel CL9
Cooling: Zalman CNPS 10X FLEX + SilentiumPC Zephyr 120mm (or maybe Scythe Slip Stream 120Mm 1200 Rpm?)

What do you think? I need it for renoise only (lot of VST & samples). Is this a good choice for OC (up to 4GHz)? I’ve Win XP (so… /3GB limit for now). Something better (in the same budget)?

I don’t keep up on computer specs, but I will tell you that when I got my new computer (last year) I got a SSD hard drive. It’s the best upgrade i ever made. I went with the intel 80gig SSD, and I also have another hard drive where I keep my samples and big files that I don’t use often. I would never go without a SSD hard drive again!

If you can afford it, I recommend getting a dual-core. Makes a HUGE difference, thanks to Renoise’s dual-core support.

Although the RAM you wanna get looks good :badteeth:

:smashed:

I really like gigabyte boards, I’ve only had one but the one I have is Awesome.
especially if you want to: “Think different” or “Imagine the Possibilities.”
Possibly run: “The world’s most advanced operating system. Finely tuned.” ;)
For 30 dollars.

Budget, Hektic, budget! ;) I’ll think about it later.
Do you use SSD as a master (system) drive?

Not very popular brand, huh?
Polish RAM, really low priced / resonable quality. It’s a quite Good-RAM. :wacko:

Thanks to this comment I went and did a bit of research on ssd`s and am now running a 64GB Kingston drive as a boot/app drive.

Well worth the upgrade! Everything is snappier now, feels like driving a car after it`s been serviced if you know what I mean :)

I look forward to prices coming down enough to make the full switch!

edit: for anyone else interested it is worth noting some issues to research before taking the plunge:

TRIM
AHCI