- - - - -

Automap And Renoise

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_crytek_*

Guest_crytek_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 September 2010 - 18:11

My Novation Nocturn 49 key arrived yesterday and I've spent some time playing with it.  One thing I noticed, is that when the automap server is loaded, the knobs, and buttons don't really respond to renoise, but when Automap Server is not launched, all the transport buttons and knobs work.  The only problem with that is that with the automap server not launched, well I can't use automap with the plugins unless I re enable it. 

So... has anyone be able to get automap to work withing renoise?  I'm just mainly concerned with the transport controls. 

#2 Guest_crytek_*

Guest_crytek_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 September 2010 - 20:45

Figured it out so nvm (yay right  :rolleyes:)

Althought I got the midi keyboard to integrate with Renoise, it's not 100%.  Turns out, Renoise HATES the Automap server, which is what launches once you load a plugin.  All the transport controls, pads, and buttons just stop working. And they continue not to work as long as the automap server is active.

One work around is to disable the automap server, but that would defeat the purpose of me buying the nocturn in the first place. 

The second would be just me using the non automap plugins and just use the regular, still defeats me using my custom automap banks with my plugins.  

Perhaps write a script that tricks Renoise into thinking that the automap server is disabled once you are not using the plugin anymore (i.e. deleted the plug, or move to a different instrument)?

Or maybe chatting with the novation boys to see if they could release the automap data so that a script can be written in order to attempt to integrate it with Renoise?

Just brain storming and ideas are welcome. 

#3 Guest_68000_*

Guest_68000_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 September 2010 - 21:41

Well, I have Nocturn 25, you can make it work with Renoise and automapped plugins by enabling standard midi mode in Automap while not using any automapped plugin atm (eg you have them in project, but you want to program beats from Renoise sampler) by pushing "user" button and then touching one of the knobs to select midi channel. knobs and pads work then, but apparently transport controls do not. i guess the best way would be if the devs added native automap support - sdk is available here http://www.focusrite...p?id=automapsdk and by reading info on that page (i'm not a coder so i can be wrong) it looks like incorporating that support would not be so hard. what do you think devs?

there is also Complex now, it even has Nocturn template, apparently it's not meant for nocturn keyboard and mapped controls differ so it can't be used, i was trying to modify that template, but it has to be done on automap side and on complex side and i wasnt able to make it work. also native support would still be better i think, cause as far as i know it's the only way to make the "fx" "inst" and "mixer" buttons work? or would it be possible to modify Complex to support automap server? it's important cause all controls controlled with automap are NOT done with standard midi-ccs and such, but it's automap server that sends control messages, so to record automation changes it is really important for the software to communicate with automap server correctly.

#4 hotelsinus

hotelsinus

Big Daddy Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 414 posts
  • Interests:Sound Design music Sound Creatin and how they born.

Posted 08 July 2014 - 09:07

duplex is doing nothing with SL mkII, renoise need to be support this default way. like other Production Standard DAWs

#5 danoise

danoise

Probably More God or Borg Than Human Member

• Renoise Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6842 posts
  • Interests:wildlife + urban trekking

Posted 08 July 2014 - 14:46

duplex is doing nothing with SL mkII, renoise need to be support this default way

Sry, I don't understand. What do you mean by "doing nothing" ?
Through Automap+Duplex, it's a fully supported controller (I have one myself...)

Tracking with Stuff. API wishlist | Soundcloud

#6 argasek

argasek

• Normal Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 17:50

Hi,

I also was struggling with setting up Renoise to work with Automap - I made a blog post with the step-by-step instructions. If I missed any important steps, let me know. Cheers!

http://blog.argasins...utomap-renoise/

• danoise and Conner_Bw like this

#7 danoise

danoise

Probably More God or Borg Than Human Member

• Renoise Team
  • 6842 posts
  • Interests:wildlife + urban trekking

Posted 08 February 2015 - 12:43

I made a blog post with the step-by-step instructions

This is just plain awesome. Proper, step by step document is exactly the thing Duplex needs.

Funny fact: when using the Remote MKII, Automap needs to be started even when using it as a plain MIDI controller, or certain keyboard controls (e.g. Modwheel) won't even transmit a value. Might be useful information in case someone out there has a Remote, but isn't running Automap. 

• Type-A likes this

Tracking with Stuff. API wishlist | Soundcloud

#8 boonier

boonier

Super Advanced Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 11:14

tis a broken link :(

#9 dblue

dblue

Dodgy Geezer

• Admins
  • 5789 posts
  • Interests:Code. Music. Graphics.

Posted 16 February 2018 - 11:42

tis a broken link :(

The link is working fine here.

Maybe just a temporary issue with your ISP? Try a forced reload in your browser with either Ctrl+F5 or Shift+F5.

Or you can try a cached copy on Google: http://webcache.goog...utomap-renoise/

Alternatively you can also try Archive.org's Wayback Machine: http://web.archive.o...utomap-renoise/

#10 boonier

boonier

Super Advanced Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 00:29

Right you are. I think my connection dropped out at 10:14 on the 16th Feb 2018

Thanks =)