Power Outage

Well I just got my power back after 27 hours of nothing. Terrible was to spend a day. Most of it was spent sitting in my bed, sweating buckets while trying to sleep. Thank god its back!

ps. Stupid amercians! They’re blaming Canada for the outage when at first they claimed it to be Ohio’s fault!

is the power back for all people now, or is there still people sitting in the dark? pretty scary thar such things can happen… 50 milion people without electricity!

twilek: i think so. at first they said all the power would be back on within 48 hours, but now they’re saying that more remote places might not have power for up to 9 days. yes, 9 days. sucks to be them…

Well yeah, shit happens unfortunately… i am sure they are trying to fix things as fast as possible. I heard it was lightning that struck a powerplant, which caused the overload, so i guess alot of metal has been melted, and this shit takes time to fix :(

I wouldnt mind a power outage now and then, it’s nice to get away from all this electricity once in a while… but getting trapped in the subway/elevator is not fun, that’s for sure.

cheers, light a candle and rehearse you singing talents :)

yea, i mean having no power was cool. when i was driving down the roads it felt like i was driving on a rally course. the stars were nice for a change and everything was so bright that you could see mars and venus easily. all in all it made for an interesting two days. as for the lightning story that seems to be false. or at least last i heard they were just using that as an excuse. they seem to think an engineer messed up somewhere and it over heated one of the generators and exploded. bah. i dont really care now that we have power back on :)

There has been no significant upgrade in the power grid in the last 20 years. The U.S. may think of itself as a super power but its power system is really outdated. There have been warnings by experts, but the White House and Congress have done nothing about it. :(

What I’ve heard one power station at the American side of Niagara Falls got overloaded somehow and it spread to several other power stations southwards. So it was not only one station, becuase then the consequences would have been much less severe. They said it couldn’t happen here (i Sweden) due to better technology, but I don’t know…