#526 danoise

danoise

Probably More God or Borg Than Human Member

• Renoise Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6991 posts
  • Interests:wildlife + urban trekking

Posted 25 February 2018 - 14:37

Hard to tell what went wrong there, as I didn't write that other tool. But ideally, they shouldn't step on each others toes.

The tool didn't get entirely disabled though - it's just the failing component (notifier) that got disabled. It will be back the next time you run Renoise (or, if you have scripting enabled, you can "Reload tools" to reset everything). 

also, does duplex only records automation to envelopes

Yes - duplex only support this mode for now. But, good idea nevertheless smile.png

Tracking with Stuff. API wishlist | Soundcloud

#527 boonier

boonier

Super Advanced Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 01 June 2018 - 14:35

My Launchpad S is seemingly failing on me and for the cost of repairing it, I may as well spend the extra on a Mk2 or ideally a Pro model.

Has any work been done to support the Pro model and the nice extras that it affords? I know it has the buttons for Ableton (seems everything bloody does these days), but with a bit of thought they could be reappropriated to fit into Renoises workflow. Duplicating and pattern editing would be a massive help for example.

But that aside, will it work - with a little tweaking for RGB colours - out the box as my Launchpad S currently does?

#528 danoise

danoise

Probably More God or Borg Than Human Member

• Renoise Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6991 posts
  • Interests:wildlife + urban trekking

Posted 02 June 2018 - 11:53

Has any work been done to support the Pro model and the nice extras that it affords?

Not really, no. It would be awesome though - some work was done to support the Launchpad MKII, and similarly, perhaps someone could step up to provide support for the PRO? Or at least, provide some feedback as to how well it's working with Duplex as-is. 

PS: don't be envious of the integration with Ableton - this is really not that different from what Duplex is doing with Renoise ;-)

Tracking with Stuff. API wishlist | Soundcloud

#529 boonier

boonier

Super Advanced Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 03 June 2018 - 11:16

Oh no I'm not envious of the Ableton integration :) - it's a great bit of software but it does seem to get a disproportionate amount of attention, so much so that the labelling is specific to Live on some of the models (not so much on the Pro model).

I've no doubt that a slick integration can be made with Renoise and I'd heartily help make that. Renoise deserves the exposure and having a controller such as this mapped as tightly will likely turn heads in its direction.

Edited by boonier, 03 June 2018 - 13:57.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: duplex