New Tool: Search For Track

2.7 Beta Versions:

2_7SearchForTrack0_5.xrnx

2_7SearchForTrack02–0_52.xrnx

Simple tool with different methods for navigating to tracks.

The main one being type in the track name (or part of the track name) into the textfield and press enter to take you to that track

Access via keybinding:

SearchTrack0_5.xrnx

“Hacked version” for use with keyboard only:

SearchForTrack02__0_52.xrnx

Ok here is a hacked version meant for use with keyboard only:

-Keybinding = “Search track 02”

You can start typing on initialisation and the dropbox below will change to show show you the target track.

-Shortcuts:

ESC = exit tool
Backspace = delete current character
Ctrl + backspace = clear search field
Return = go to track and exit tool

cool, thnx! :)

edit: err, can’t find it in the key-bindings, where is it hiding?

Global:Tools: Search Track :)

maybe should change to “Search For Track”? if thats what you looked for initially?

Cool, really nice and neat.

It would be great to have a keyboard shortcut to focus on the textbox. This tool would be awesome if it could be operated completely by keyboard.

Also I seem to be able to open many instances of the tools’s gui dialog. You should consider checking if the dialog is already open before creating a new instance.

For the keyboard issue it seems unfortunately not:
https://forum.renoise.com/t/any-way-to-have-textfield-in-focus-when-gui-opened/30705

Will take a look at the GUI suggestion, thanks.

err, sorry… was looking in the midi-mapping window instead of the keybinding! :)

We need a facepalm smiley.

I see. I guess a view.focus [boolean] or something similar should be put on the wishlist.

You could make a workaround, my suggestion is not preferred so I can’t recommend it. But I thought I’d put it out there incase you want to look into hacking some solution.

For a workaround you could work through key bindings of the dialog. The key bindings of the dialog could directly alter the textField.text value by adding the key character value to the textField.

Something similar to:

elseif (key.character ~= nil) then  
 textField.text = textField.text .. key.character  

(not tested, but should give you an idea of what to do)

This way we’re managing control focus by ourselves using the focus and key bindings of the window (if you’re into MVC). Just a thought.

Kudos for the tool!

Thanks for the tip mogue!

The hack does seem to work but I will have to polish it a bit before release (maybe as a separate version).

Great! A separate version might be a good idea. Looking forward to see what you do with this!

Ok here is a hacked version meant for use with keyboard only:

-Keybinding = “Search track 02”

You can start typing on initialisation and the dropbox below will change to show show you the target track.

-Shortcuts:

ESC = exit tool
Backspace = delete current character
Ctrl + backspace = clear search field
Return = go to track and exit tool

“Hacked Version” updated to 0.52, please see first post:

http://www.renoise.c…ndpost&p=219615

notifier probs hopefully fixed plus some other small improvements.

Great stuff! Works smoothly

Great!, be sure to let me know if any probs arise. Also based on this version is another tool here if you`re interested:

http://www.renoise.c…50&#entry220250

It is to search for a track and place it next to the current track, to save dragging and dropping in the pattern editor.

End of forum flood:

2.7 beta version uploaded:

great tool !! thanks for this.

i have a question, is it possible to build a list inside with “important tracks” , like for example i have 8 tracks for drums 8 for strings and so on and than i could list the first of my “string tracks” to the list for my important tracks, than i could use them as a kind of markers, would be great for fast navigation, specially for people like him [Done 2.8] Collapsible Channel Grouping :)

great idea. track shortcuts/favorites/bookmarks/markers. indeed with the whole ‘i have 100 channels and am losing track (hahaha!)’ debate, which is kinda roaring up now, this tool is currently the most useful solution and would become more useful with this feature added.