Duplex Control Map For Mpk 49

Duplex controller map for Akai MPK 49 (should also work on the 61 and 88 keys models)

If you want to use it:

1.download and Unpack this file.
2.Put the Akai-MPK49 folder into C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Roaming\Renoise\V2.6.1\Scripts\Tools\com.renoise.Duplex.xrnx\Duplex\Controllers
3.select any generic preset on your MPK
4.go into edit mode, press one of the transport buttons and set them to ‘Ctrl’ >save
5.Fire up Renoise and be in control :)

Right on!! I just installed the files, everything seems to work just fine (although I don’t have the actual device)

I guess we could simply call this an AKAI MPK then (maybe someone has the 61/88 key models and can verify that it’s working on those devices as well)?

I thought about that, only the MPK25 has a different control surface so would not be presented the right way.
Maybe, indeed, call it Akai MPK , and state something about this in the description.

Is it possible to search for more MIDI devices? because it now searches only for ‘Akai MPK49’
61 and 88 users may have to manually select the MIDI input

Ah, I didn’t know there was a 25 model as well…guess that makes it a bit hard to do a “one size fits all”. Nevermind, it was just an idea

As for the port names, we just provide the most likely name (like you’ve done). It’s a bit tricky to always get it right, because sometimes OS’es are different - even between various versions of Windows this can be the case.

Ok, thanks, I tested this on XP,Vista and Win7, so the OS thing should be out ruled for modern windows based machines.
don’t know about macs, I say we leave it this way, and maybe change things when 61 and 88 users have tested it with good results.

well i have an mpk 88, but only a mac next to it :expressionless:

Works like a charm! The path you mentioned can be somewhat different but it works like the wind on my MPK 49.
On XP (in english) the path would be something more like:
C:\Documents and Settings\YourUsername\Application Data\Renoise\V2.6.1\Scripts\Tools\com.renoise.Duplex.xrnx\Duplex\Controllers

Thanks a lot!

Hi Menno, Nice to hear it comes in handy for people.
about the path, this is not needed anymore because it comes with duplex.

coool. nice work.

will be testing this next week :)

picking up a second hand mpk 49 later. will definately be trying this out!

Can anybody give me a hand here? I must be doing something wrong or missing a step as I can’t seem to get this working. PLEASE HELP!

Can anybody give me a hand here? I must be doing something wrong or missing a step as I can’t seem to get this working. PLEASE HELP!

Hmmm… you don’t provide much info, so I’ll have to guess what the problem could be.

Duplex doesn’t know or care about the MIDI ports you have selected in the Renoise prefs. I wonder if you have skipped this step?

You need to specify them in the Duplex tool itself - start the bundled MPK49 configuration from the Tools > Duplex menu and then click “Settings” in the dialog.

I think that may be the step I’m missing. I’ll try it once I get home to the computer. If I still can get it I’ll supply details of what’s going on.

@danoise thanks for the help! Working now! Also seems unneeded to set up the preset on the akai prior to starting renoise

@danoise thanks for the help! Working now! Also seems unneeded to set up the preset on the akai prior to starting renoise

Most of the time the generic preset will not be needed. I just added this line as a safe-guard because some presets will sent out other MIDI CC’s because the MPK’s presets can be highly customized.

When using the volume faders on thr mpk the fader on the mixer section of renoise does not move though the volume control in the box at the bottom changes can you explain this difference? Is it a pre vs post thing?

Is it a pre vs post thing?

Yep, you control either one or the other. The tool documentation on github explains this:

https://github.com/renoise/xrnx/blob/master/Tools/com.renoise.Duplex.xrnx/Docs/Applications/Mixer.md#default-options

Basically, you can let it automatically pick up the mixer PRE/POST setting (the default setting) or specify one yourself.

To specify one, is that something I would need to change in the code?

Just click ‘options’ (Duplex browser) and you will see options for all applications in that configuration

Options are specific to the configuration and automatically saved between Renoise sessions.

So if you’re also running a separate controller to control the mixer, the options for one controller will not affect the other one.