The new beta can be downloaded from the backstage:
Beta 3 & 4?
Due to a really really nasty bug in B3 we've quickly updated the builds and released a B4 straight afterwards.
Sorry for the troubles.
Auto-Check for updates
If you want to let Renoise check for updates (new betas) automatically on start-up, we have a small tool for you:
com.renoise.UpdateChecker_Rns270_V4.xrnx 27KB 91 downloads (download - drag and drop onto the Renoise Window to install)
It replaces Renoises "Help"->"Check for Updates..." menu, and also optionally checks for updates every time you start Renoise.
As usual, all for Beta 3 fixed issues have been marked with [fixed b3] in this forum, and are now closed (read-only). If you can still replicate any of those issues, open a new topic please, so we can have a look at this again.
Beside of the all the [fixed B3] issues:
- Computer keyboard velocity setting has a new default -> "--", which does not overwrite existing volume values in the patterns (just like QUERTY note recording in Renoise <= 2.6 did)
- Various automation view performance tweaks. Especially large songs should no longer create GUI CPU spikes when zooming, scrolling around, and the draw mode also is a lot more friendly to your CPU
- New, experimental line tool in the automation view to create multi-pattern envelope fades
- The "free" automation zooming mode (zooming, not bound to a pattern factor) is now a preference, and a hopefully more obvious setting in the automation editor GUI
- Multiple selected key-zones can now be dragged&dropped and re-sized together
- Drag and dropping one or multiple samples to the key-zones editor will now try to set a default base-note, based on the note range
- Changed Velocity/Volume column behavior for sustained notes in new songs (see this thread please)
- Short-looped sustained sample, like this one should be a bit lighter on the CPU on
- Cleaned up MIDI & Plugin instrument layout (a leftover from the 2.7 alpha - getting MIDI & plugin views aligned to the new sample box style)
- Signal follower thing in the instrument filters can now be inverted
- ... few other small details here and there
Depending on how busy you guys keep us with bug-reports, we'll try to do a bit more feature fine-tuning for the next beta(s). Unfortunately the closer we get to a final release, the more carefully we have to be with any changes, so we can not promise to do huge, groundbreaking new stuff. Making Renoise a tank, this release as stable as possible, still is most important, and what we should concentrate on here.