The new beta can be downloaded from the backstage:
Auto-Check for updates
If you want to let Renoise check for updates (new betas) automatically on start-up, we have a small tool for you:
[com.renoise.UpdateChecker_Rns270_V4.xrnx] (download - drag and drop onto the Renoise Window to install)
It replaces Renoises "Help"->"Check for Updates..." menu, and also optionally checks for updates every time you start Renoise.
As usual, all for Beta 6 fixed issues have been marked with [fixed b6] in this forum, and are now closed (read-only). If you can still replicate any of those issues, open a new topic please, so we can have a look at this again.
A few last feature finetunings
- finetuned solo send behavior for the new solo modes in Renoise 2.7
- Automation view will now always automatically scroll to show the current cursor position in the pattern (only did on playback in previous betas)
- Double clicks on the Automation scroll bar switches between "Current Pattern" and Fully zoomed out modes. See this topic for details please.
- Keyboard octave settings are again saved in songs (got saved in preferences in B5).
- a few small Lua API tweaks and additions. See XRNX repositories.
As announced in the last beta, we'd like to slowly finalize 2.7, heading to a new update. As soon as we all think we are ready, we'll release the first 2.7 release candidate, then quickly after that go gold. This also means we will avoid any more feature additions and changes and concentrate on showstoppers, ugly bugs now. Doing everything to make Renoise 2.7 as stable as possible. Everything else has to wait for the next release round.