4 replies to this topic

#1 zeitgeber

zeitgeber

Advanced Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 15:57

Hi, last night I had a crash when I was trying to save a preset in a VSTi (Aspect). I already contacted the developer and he couldn't tell if it was because of renoise or because of the plugin.

The thing that happened was I opened the save dialog (of the plugin), pressed okay and got an 'are you sure you want to overwrite' dialog - after pressing okay I got the crash. What made the crash strange is that after trying to reopen the song it crashed immediately on loading. I removed the plugin, tried opening the song and everything went well. Then I moved the plugin back and tried reopening the project and it loaded.

I was running version 2.7b6 on windows xp, AMD athlon 64 3200+ processor with 1gb ram, soundcard: Novation Nio.

Attached Files

#2 KanetonKiller

KanetonKiller

Advanced Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 16:57

Last week, i had the same problem with IK Multimedia SampleTron.

If i save a preset with own plugin menu, then the plugin crash. The sound cannot be open anymore.

Had to delete the plugin preset folder for re-open my song.

So maybe it's a Renoise issue... need test on more plugins.
Or maybe just a coincidence ^^

Note : it was the Demo version.

#3 zeitgeber

zeitgeber

Advanced Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 14:41

I can now reproduce this bug:

When I save an existing preset within Aspect it calls up the overwrite dialog. If I then accidentally hit space at that moment Renoise crashes.

#4 Loomer

Loomer

• Normal Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 15:01

Thanks for the additional info: I'll take a look shortly and see just what is going wrong here...

#5 Loomer

Loomer

• Normal Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 18:41

Progress: bug has now been replicated. I haven't had a chance to yet actually look into what is causing it, but it's definitely not a Renoise bug - same problem occurs under Energy XT. Perhaps this thread should be closed or moved, rather than clutter the genuine Renoise issues?

zeitgeber: I'll PM you once I've investigated a little further. Thanks again for reporting this.

Edit: Now fixed, and I can confirm it definitely wasn't a Renoise bug. Thanks!

Edited by Loomer, 28 April 2011 - 14:48.