Last suggestions for Protrekker

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Trackah123_*

Guest_Trackah123_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 April 2002 - 02:48

Greetings to NTK development team.

It would be great if these features could be included in the new Protrekker and bugfree working.
Some suggestions in this list could be already finished in protrekker i don't know really.
(ps i just made a list of things i noticed that could be changed and could come in handy)

1. FT2 style clickless loop editor for samples so you can drag
start and end loopline with mouse (no Loop Fine Editor anymore).
2.Clickless sample mixer
3.F.Decay slider included with filters which you can also use for slider record
(MAYBE WITH F.DECAY<->FILTER LOCK) so when you slide up the filter the f.decay also slides with it.
4.NTK2 style sequencer (Switch tracks easily on and off)
5.303 for ACID (BLADE movie intro song) style of sounds...
6.More delay tick synchro x5 x6 x7 x8 x9 x10 for longer delay durance
7.samples with synths and maybe midi-banks/instruments(NTK 3) ON.
together playing at the same time like in NTK 2.
8. able to play chords on your keyboard (so i can press 3 key's at the same time with 1 sample)
(would be great when i press 3 key's at the same time it also records it on 3 tracks)
9. able to load many sample and module formats.
10. Selectable blocks/tracks with mouse in pattern.
11.Clear view Edit mode (so you know when edit mode is turned on or off)
12.Easy to use Transpose menu like in FT2.

Well. thats about it... if this could be done and/or could be fixed i have just no comments/suggestions anymore.
then i could only say 1 thing. The Most Perfect Tracker Ever !!!
And i will certainly buy and register it then...

I know, i am a pain in the ass LOL.
Greetings : Evert from the Netherlands

#2 Guest_Phazze_*

Guest_Phazze_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 April 2002 - 19:09

1. you can loop samples with mouse. click start/end loop.
2.done
4.why do you need that? BTW, you can switch them off in track dsp's
5.blade 303 is siple 303 that is distorted and has sounds "slow" you can make this sound completely in rebirth, and NTKs 303 emulator is not very good anyway.
6.why do you need that??? why not moving note one/two lines below????
7.samples+midi+synth are playing together if you switch them to on, dunno what you mean?
8.you can play chords if you turn on keyjazz. additionally new version has polyphonic tracks and use brand new 00xy effect (like arpeggio but plays real chords) in new version
9.like.... ??? it supports now XI, XM, MOD, NTK2, NTK3, WAV, AIF, SND.
10.done (in new version)
11.now it is blinking

#3 Guest_Trackah123_*

Guest_Trackah123_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 April 2002 - 22:41

thanx for your answer phazze..

what about number 3 and 12??

and about number 7 i mean if i choose number 1 in sample list .. import a sample and also turn csynth on and maybe even midi instrument on.... so you hear a sample.csynth, and midi sound at the same time when i press a key on my keyboard...
3 things combined/mixed in 1 sound to be simple.

Bye.

#4 Guest_Phazze_*

Guest_Phazze_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 April 2002 - 13:45

here is the rest.

3. you mean filter decay value in form of slider? but it is used so rarely so i don't see the purpose. maybe you can tell rather what you want do do so there is other way around? additionally there are new note actions which make this decay value almost unusable.

12. but it is already in?! -> Advanced Edit user screen - there are much options for transposing and it looks almost like in FT2.

7. yes it works exactly that way. you load a sample, turn on midi and set appropriate instrument, turn on csynth. they all play on current instrument
at the same time. i dunno how it works on older versions. additionally MIDI should be synced with audio latency of sample player.

help in release version will hopefully solve much of this sort of questions problems.

#5 Guest_Trackah123_*

Guest_Trackah123_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 April 2002 - 19:12

About number 3.. you know the F.Decay slider in NTK2 right? that's a really cool sound effect if used together with normal filtering... This effect is commonly used in Commercial Trance/Hardhouse melodies.. mostly when the main melody begins to filter upwards you also hear f.decay at the same time... from " short-nonsharp-lowfrequency" notes ends in " long-sharp-highfrequency" notes with much reso and phat sound..... so the melody comes up at its best way...

#6 Guest_Phazze_*

Guest_Phazze_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 April 2002 - 22:34

it is Filter Decay? Well, as far as i heard, it is cutoff value? if you change this decay value that is. So you can do same slides by selecting some filter type for example LowPass -48db and then do some filter cutoff tweakings using track envelopes. you can tweak both cutoff and resonance using 2 track envelopes at the same time. at least this is how i do it in my songs.

If this is not what you wanted to see or F.Decay has some other function than what i just described, contact TakTik and let him know that this F.Decay is from NTK 2.0 maybe he has better idea about it.

#7 Guest_Trackah123_*

Guest_Trackah123_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 April 2002 - 23:00

Thanx.. i will try Phazze ...

#8 Guest_Johan_*

Guest_Johan_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 April 2002 - 10:58

Phazze, I don't understand you answer regarding delay ticks...?

"6.why do you need that??? why not moving note one/two lines below????"

I always use x6 delay in all my songs and often x8 too. The other ones I seldom use... I mean why is there a button for x5??? Do you use this so often there needs to be a button for it? Include x6, x8, x12 and x16 is my advice.

#9 Guest_Phazze_*

Guest_Phazze_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 April 2002 - 11:21

There are 6 ticks for one pattern line. that means you can delay note 1-5 ticks. so if you wish to delay note more, then you simply move it one line below and delay it 6-number of lines.

#10 Guest_Johan_*

Guest_Johan_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 April 2002 - 11:48

I think both I and Trackah123 was talking about the delay effect and not pattern ticks. I always use speed 03 and then x4 is not enough (x4 in speed 03 is only x2 in speed 06).

#11 Guest_Trackah123_*

Guest_Trackah123_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 April 2002 - 13:26

Delay effect allright

#12 Guest_Phazze_*

Guest_Phazze_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 April 2002 - 17:30

so it is DSP effect!!!! well... i never really needed more than x3 and x4 but you can mail taktik with this suggestion

#13 Guest_Trackah123_*

Guest_Trackah123_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 April 2002 - 18:53

ok thnx... i think this new protrekker is going to be really good !!!