Photo

●► Renoise 2.7 Rc1 Released (+ First 2.7 Demo Versions)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
31 replies to this topic

#1 taktik

taktik

Renoise Developer

• Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15040 posts
  • Interests:füße waschen

Posted 03 May 2011 - 22:10

Download

We're proud to announce that Renoise 2.7 slowly comes of age and can be downloaded from the backstage:
http://backstage.ren...gistered users)

And for the first time in the release 2.7 cycle, there are now also 2.7 demo versions available:
http://www.renoise.c... (demo version)

Windows + Linux: Please uninstall any 2.7 beta versions first, then install the RC, to avoid mixed up content.

New sample/instrument factory content. More to come with 2.7 Final

We've cleaned up and extended the default sample/instruments pack for the RC, the samples/instruments that are installed with Renoise by default. The download is about the same size as before, but lots of sounds got extended and polished up. Also to make use of some of the new Renoise 2.7 features. We'll hope you enjoy the content or will find it useful for your own instrument creations.

There will be more (optional) sample packs available for registered users on the backstage soon - with the 2.7 final release. But let's keep the "what exactly" a surprise till then please ;)

Renoise 30% off grace period - discount valid for exactly one more week from now

We've announced with the first 2.7 beta, that the 30% discount price is valid during the beta. Because we can not promise how long a Renoise beta lasts (we test as long as necessary) and we had no 2.7 demos till now, we'd like to extend the discount by one more week from today.

In other words: the beta celebration sale (30% Off) will not stop with the RC, but end 10th of May 2011. After that the prices for Renoise updates and initial Renoise registrations will fall back to normal again.

Tools Page Updated For Renoise 2.7

The Renoise Tools Page (home for XRNX scripting tools) got updated for Renoise 2.7 as well. It now offers the ability to download (and upload - for tool developers) tools for each Renoise version (2.6 and 2.7 for now). We already started updating some of the renoise team's tools. More to come during the next days.

If you are a scripting developer, please consider updating and uploading your tools. If you are a tools user, you may have a look at the pages to see if your favorite tools are ready for 2.7 yet.

Enjoy the RC! Final is near.

Taktik on behalf of the whole team.
  • Garf, It-Alien, Conner_Bw and 6 others like this

#2 Djeroek

Djeroek

Probably More God or Borg Than Human Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6692 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 22:13

:drummer: :drummer: :drummer: :drummer: :drummer: :drummer: :drummer: :drummer: :drummer: :drummer: :drummer: :drummer: :drummer: :drummer: :drummer: :drummer: :drummer: :drummer: :drummer: :drummer: :drummer: :drummer: :drummer: :drummer: :drummer: :drummer: :drummer: :drummer: :drummer: :drummer: :drummer: :drummer: :drummer: :drummer: :drummer: :drummer: :drummer: :drummer: :drummer: :drummer: :drummer: :drummer: :drummer: :drummer: :drummer: :drummer: :drummer: :drummer: :drummer: :drummer: :drummer: :drummer: :drummer: :drummer: :drummer: :drummer: :drummer: :drummer: :drummer: :drummer: :drummer: :drummer: :drummer: :drummer: :drummer: :drummer: :drummer: :drummer: :drummer: :drummer: :drummer: :drummer: :drummer: :drummer: :drummer: :drummer: :drummer: :drummer: :drummer: :drummer: :drummer: :drummer: :drummer: :drummer: :drummer: :drummer: :drummer: :drummer: :drummer: :drummer: :drummer: :drummer: :drummer: :drummer: :drummer: :drummer: :drummer: :drummer: :drummer: :drummer: :drummer: :drummer: :drummer: :drummer: :drummer: :drummer: :drummer: :drummer: :drummer: :drummer: :drummer: :drummer: :drummer: :drummer: :drummer: :drummer: :drummer: :drummer: :drummer: :drummer:

#3 Guest_Jenoki_*

Guest_Jenoki_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 May 2011 - 22:14

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW YEEEEEEEAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

#4 sun

sun

Chief Above Chief Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 22:19

this express my feeling best :) :guitar: :drummer:

#5 Conner_Bw

Conner_Bw

• Normal Members
  • 7060 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 01:56

Can I get a reeeeeeeeeeeeee-tweet?!

Congrats to all!

cpu Lenovo X220, Intel i7-2640M @ 2.80GHz ×4 os Windows 10 / Ubuntu 16.04 LTS
My Homepage » : My Renoise Tools » : Normalize Your Sig » : One million clicks! »

#6 mr_mark_dollin

mr_mark_dollin

Guruh Motha Fakka is Levitating and Knows Everything About Renoise Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2823 posts
  • Interests:Quiet Revolutions.

Posted 04 May 2011 - 03:45

Bravo on the sample/instruments clean up! Looking forward to using the new library. :D
Posted Image

#7 kasmo

kasmo

The "More Cowbell" Master!!

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts
  • Interests:Sound Design

Posted 04 May 2011 - 08:59

Nice one :) i´ve time to test around later this day. thanks for the great work!

#8 rhowaldt

rhowaldt

• Normal Members
  • 2259 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 09:41

joepie!

specs: [cpu] AMD Turion64 X2 TL-56 1.80 Ghz [ram] 2Gb DDR2 [audio] Realtek HD [os] Win7 x86
gear: cheap-ass no-functions-whatsoever midi-keyboard, Zoom H4 recorder, MeeBlip
home: http://www.roaldblijleven.net (forever under construction)
renoise: http://roald.exul.nl...oise/cheatsheet
music: http://soundcloud.com/rhowaldt

#9 maes

maes

Guruh Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 952 posts
  • Interests:musics

Posted 04 May 2011 - 10:13

We've cleaned up and extended the default sample/instruments pack for the RC, the samples/instruments that are installed with Renoise by default. The download is about the same size as before, but lots of sounds got extended and polished up. Also to make use of some of the new Renoise 2.7 features. We'll hope you enjoy the content or will find it useful for your own instrument creations.

There will be more (optional) sample packs available for registered users on the backstage soon - with the 2.7 final release. But let's keep the "what exactly" a surprise till then please ;)

oh, nice! \o/

only leaves one thing i guess: what's the state of the updated documentation?

Edited by maes, 04 May 2011 - 14:48.

#10 vV

vV

God's or Borg's Chief and Ruler of All Species

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16855 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 21:24

oh, nice! \o/

only leaves one thing i guess: what's the state of the updated documentation?

that is being taken care of meanwhile.
Because now no more graphical changes are applied so we can update what hasn't been documented completely or imaged properly or what has to be redone because the beta footage has changed meanwhile.
So for the documentation, wait until the final or the PDF version is ready, because if the PDF version is ready you can assume 98 to 99% is updated properly. (there can always be a few things that we miss)
  • maes likes this
Vv....

cpu Intel Core i7-4820K @3.70GHz
chipset Intel X79 chipset
mem 32 Gb 2400Mhz
os Win 7 64-bit SP1, DirectX 11
audio ESI ESP1010e - > Driver rev:2.0.6.0
video nVidia Geforce GTX780 - > Driver rev:335.23

Renoise Official Manual

#11 bluszcz

bluszcz

Local Chief Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 20:53

If I will upgrade now (I think I registered with 2.0 or 2.1 how much I will pay and how long valid lincese will be? Up to 3.7?

Download

We're proud to announce that Renoise 2.7 slowly comes of age and can be downloaded from the backstage:
http://backstage.ren...gistered users)

And for the first time in the release 2.7 cycle, there are now also 2.7 demo versions available:
http://www.renoise.c... (demo version)

Windows + Linux: Please uninstall any 2.7 beta versions first, then install the RC, to avoid mixed up content.

Renoise 30% off grace period - discount valid for exactly one more week from now

We've announced with the first 2.7 beta, that the 30% discount price is valid during the beta. Because we can not promise how long a Renoise beta lasts (we test as long as necessary) and we had no 2.7 demos till now, we'd like to extend the discount by one more week from today.

In other words: the beta celebration sale (30% Off) will not stop with the RC, but end 10th of May 2011. After that the prices for Renoise updates and initial Renoise registrations will fall back to normal again.

Tools Page Updated For Renoise 2.7

The Renoise Tools Page (home for XRNX scripting tools) got updated for Renoise 2.7 as well. It now offers the ability to download (and upload - for tool developers) tools for each Renoise version (2.6 and 2.7 for now). We already started updating some of the renoise team's tools. More to come during the next days.

If you are a scripting developer, please consider updating and uploading your tools. If you are a tools user, you may have a look at the pages to see if your favorite tools are ready for 2.7 yet.

Enjoy the RC! Final is near.

Taktik on behalf of the whole team.

#12 kazakore

kazakore

• Normal Members
  • 6140 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 21:27

If I will upgrade now (I think I registered with 2.0 or 2.1 how much I will pay and how long valid lincese will be? Up to 3.7?

It is cumulative, so if you registered at 2.0 that would take you to 3.0, another one now would take you to 4.0 or you could buy 7 now to take you to 10.0 ;)

#13 bluszcz

bluszcz

Local Chief Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 21:39

:angry:

It is cumulative, so if you registered at 2.0 that would take you to 3.0, another one now would take you to 4.0 or you could buy 7 now to take you to 10.0 ;)

B)

#14 noby

noby

Local Chief Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts
  • Interests:Sound

Posted 05 May 2011 - 23:42

I just wanna say I literally lol'd at the news picture on the front page.

E: Also, awesome \o/

Edited by noby, 06 May 2011 - 00:46.

#15 Guest_Bantai_*

Guest_Bantai_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 May 2011 - 23:52

Up to and including 3.7. For 3.8 beta and higher you need to renew.
If 2.0, up to and including 4.0. For 4.1 beta and higher you need to renew.

If you order an upgrade before 11th May you will get a discount on the already discounted price. Just log into Backstage and go to the upgrade form to see the exact price.

#16 Guest_68000_*

Guest_68000_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 May 2011 - 00:42

:walkman:
:yeah: :drummer:

#17 ashy!mpala

ashy!mpala

• Normal Members
  • 1222 posts
  • Interests:Sequencing vertically

Posted 06 May 2011 - 02:33

Here's to the next step... ;) Cheers!

Ashkān Asgary, aka ashy!mpala (which is ashyimpala)
soundcloud | TiS

#18 bluszcz

bluszcz

Local Chief Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 06:48

Ok, I have found it - maybe prices are personal ;) but in my case there is almost no different between discounted new license and discounted upgraded :lol:

If you order an upgrade before 11th May you will get a discount on the already discounted price. Just log into Backstage and go to the upgrade form to see the exact price.

#19 maes

maes

Guruh Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 952 posts
  • Interests:musics

Posted 06 May 2011 - 07:30

I just wanna say I literally lol'd at the news picture on the front page.

me too, haha!

@vV: thanks for the info.

Edited by maes, 06 May 2011 - 07:31.

#20 kazakore

kazakore

• Normal Members
  • 6140 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 10:01

You sure?

He said he registered at 2.0 so that already takes him to 3.0

Upgrading now would not only take him to 3.7 according to your terms and conditions, but expand his licence to 4.0.

#21 bluszcz

bluszcz

Local Chief Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 10:12

You sure?

He said he registered at 2.0 so that already takes him to 3.0

Upgrading now would not only take him to 3.7 according to your terms and conditions, but expand his licence to 4.0.

yeah, this one I am not really sure - does it cumulative or not?

Probably I will extend, but what is the real answer? :unsure:

#22 rhowaldt

rhowaldt

• Normal Members
  • 2259 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 10:15

discussed here, afaik its cumulative: http://www.renoise.c...post__p__231043

specs: [cpu] AMD Turion64 X2 TL-56 1.80 Ghz [ram] 2Gb DDR2 [audio] Realtek HD [os] Win7 x86
gear: cheap-ass no-functions-whatsoever midi-keyboard, Zoom H4 recorder, MeeBlip

#23 bluszcz

bluszcz

Local Chief Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 10:26

discussed here, afaik its cumulative: http://www.renoise.c...post__p__231043

I am not sure - informations are not consistent.

From my backstage:

Details

A License Upgrade extends your License by a full 1.0 version. For example, if you registered at 1.2 and Renoise's latest release is 2.5, an Upgrade allows you to download up to and including Renoise 3.5.

A License Upgrade does not need to be purchased by the Account Owner (ie. the user). If someone else is going to order the License Upgrade for you, make sure that person uses the exact link below (copy/paste). If necessary, we will update your Company's name, which will be visible on Renoise's splash.

"The license upgrade extends your license by a full 1.0 version" - so its like my case. I bought 2.0, but now is 2.6 or 2.7, so it will extend to 3.7, due to this.

But this

The upgrade system is designed to give you the best deal. Each upgrade will increase the Major Version number of either

the official version number
your account's "Version Registered" number (see Backstage > Account Details)
whichever is higher.

with information that my license is valid up to 3.0 - means that it is up to 4.0 with upgrade?

OMFG!

@renoise team, plz clarify :)

#24 Guest_Bantai_*

Guest_Bantai_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 May 2011 - 10:54

Buy new Full license = 2.7 to 3.7
------------------------------------------
Upgrade from 2.0 => highest from either

- current version = 2.7 to 3.7
- 2.0 + 1.0 = 3.0 to 4.0

So if you upgrade from 2.0, you get up to and including 4.0. I stand corrected.

#25 rhowaldt

rhowaldt

• Normal Members
  • 2259 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 10:56

thank you Bantai! you are always clarifying all sorts of stuff.