• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#51 nikto

nikto

• Normal Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 12:26

So, let me get this: does it load only rex or rx2 too?

#52 grymmjack

grymmjack

Super Advanced Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts
  • Interests:reading, drawing, graphic design, programming, sound design, electronic music, guitar

Posted 05 February 2012 - 18:48

So, let me get this: does it load only rex or rx2 too?

rex v1 only not rx2 but you can convert rex2 to wav using reaper batch tool. i processed over 12,000 rex files last night this way and it went perfect.
Soundgasm | DesignerMonkey | G+ | Soundcloud | spotify:user:grymmjack

#53 grymmjack

grymmjack

Super Advanced Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts
  • Interests:reading, drawing, graphic design, programming, sound design, electronic music, guitar

Posted 05 February 2012 - 19:00

Done this sample snippet for Rick first, but thought it may help showing how to properly split a line for parsing SFZ. Insert into TestPad.lua and run it.

-----

-- extra chars = and . inserted to show proper matching
local line = "\t<region>= sample=303 Bass.Long.wav   "
print("Input: " .. line)

-- trim trailing and ending whitespace chars, %s is a pattern matching group and
-- also gets rid of any tabs
line = line:gsub("^%s*(.-)%s*$", "%1") 
print("Trim: " .. line)

-- get filename starting from last = char till end of line
local sample = line:match("([^=]+)$")
print("Sample: " .. sample)

-- get extension starting from last . char till end of line, a filename can have
-- multiple . chars
local extension = sample:match("([^.]+)$")
print("Extension: " .. extension)

-- properly check an extension at end of line
if extension == "wav" then
  print(".wav found")
elseif extension == "aif" then
  print(".aif found")
elseif extension == "aiff" then
  print(".aiff found")
elseif extension == "flac" then
  print(".flac found")
end

Thanks man. Where do I find docs on this lua stuff? Specifically I cannot locate docs on :find when I tried...
Soundgasm | DesignerMonkey | G+ | Soundcloud | spotify:user:grymmjack

#54 loimi

loimi

Super Advanced Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 22:18

Great, great tool! It seems to have some problems locating Logic/Garageband EXS instrument samples though, and some EXS files it doesn't read. Is there something to be done here? Also can loop points be read from those files (or are they encoded in samples)?
  • SeraphicPark likes this

#55 Drop Shadow

Drop Shadow

Big Daddy Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 23:42

What a lovely tool.

akp's come with finetune settings for each sample, right? Would be great if the finetuning was imported too.

#56 zeitgeber

zeitgeber

Advanced Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 22:38

Is this ever going to get an update? Or would it be too much work now the xrni's got such a big update?

I don't use this much, but when I want to convert some instruments it comes in real handy.

#57 lowkey

lowkey

Super Advanced Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 18:29

Really missing this tool. :/
cpu Asus G75v, Intel i7-3610QM

#58 fladd

fladd

Guruh Motha Fakka is Levitating and Knows Everything About Renoise Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1263 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 20:13

Really missing this tool. :/

Yeah, that's the big downside of the tools. I mean, in the beginning I was quite enthusiastic, the idea was great to extend Renoise with user-written tools. However, I soon realized that the API changes substantially with every update, and backwards compatibility is not of high importance. The result is simply that the set of available tools changes all the time. Some of the best tools are not available for the newest version of Renoise, because developers don't feel like releasing new versions of their tools every year. And I can understand them. In some cases the work to update the tool is just too much. This is probably also why we don't see "big" tools anymore lately, because why would you put an essential amount of work into a tool, which won't work anymore in a year, unless you put another essential amount of work into it again?

• Djeroek and lowkey like this

#59 eyesee

eyesee

• Normal Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 15:24

I'm not sure if any of these formats are actually built into V3. I can see and load a Roland MV0 as an instrument but

it's just one long audio file with the data block at the beginning and a sequence of individual audio segments.

some strange noise issues are present but, that might be because I loaded a whole project file and maybe

should try loading an individual patch file. have to test that more. may also re install V2.8 to try.

given the new standalone sampler plug-in is on the cards, it might be a good idea to have the reading

of various formats working as well as possible. the ability to do that could be in the main Renoise app itself

as doing it on the plug-in could cause too many tiresome troubleshooting days. but that's not a bad thing

because people will then be directed to the main application to do the actual translating work. either way

it would be a draw to have a creditable format support.

• fladd likes this

#60 eyesee

eyesee

• Normal Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 21:50

I just did a bunch of tests on a Roland MV0. I eventually saved out a patch.

there is a high level of underlying noise throughout the Audio sections.

I tested this on Renoise 2.8. Renoise 3 imports as well, but I think 2.8

with this script could separate out the individual samples into an instrument.

the digital noise could be data which is part of a capability to time stretch in the Roland MV unit.

when they are saved as WAV to disk then transferred over USB, they seem to be fine.

#61 Zelda

Zelda

• Normal Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 08 November 2015 - 09:18

Does redux have this option for Importing EXS24 into sampler i see that it isn't updated for a while

#62 fladd

fladd

Guruh Motha Fakka is Levitating and Knows Everything About Renoise Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1263 posts

Posted 08 November 2015 - 12:57

Redux does not support tools unfortunately.

#63 ffx

ffx

Composes without Wires burns Directly from Brain to DVD that is already in Store Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3452 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 19:18

Does this work for you in Renoise 3.1?

[attachment=7957:com.mxb.FileFormats.xrnx]

Seems to be a 2-liner patch, since Renoise 3.0 you can expect a created first sample slot anytime, seems to be all.

Ok, only rex seems to work, other file formats throw strange, never seen lua error:

*** Unknown Lua interpreter error occurred!

No idea how to debug that...?  No line number given!

Edited by ffx, 08 February 2018 - 18:16.

• radian likes this

Test system: macOS 10.13.4, HFS+. Firewire Audio, i7 4770, 8GB Ram, GTX1050 2GB, 48kHz
GUI Automation RecorderNative DSP Context MenuTuned ShortcutsUnified Value Shift And Transpose | Jump To From Send Modified (Docs) | Quick Template | Nisanmol's Groove Tool FixedThemes

#64 Rpnz

Rpnz

Big Masta Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 571 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 19:42

would be cool if this tool would be updated and would supoort rx2-files :-)
House Music All Night Long. - Say What?

#65 ffx

ffx

Composes without Wires burns Directly from Brain to DVD that is already in Store Member

• Normal Members
  • 3452 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 20:25

rx2 is a proprietary format, and I have no clue how you will get access to the api docs @ propellerhead webpage.

Test system: macOS 10.13.4, HFS+. Firewire Audio, i7 4770, 8GB Ram, GTX1050 2GB, 48kHz
GUI Automation RecorderNative DSP Context MenuTuned ShortcutsUnified Value Shift And Transpose | Jump To From Send Modified (Docs) | Quick Template | Nisanmol's Groove Tool FixedThemes

#66 dblue

dblue

Dodgy Geezer

• Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5815 posts
  • Interests:Code. Music. Graphics.

Posted 08 February 2018 - 21:32

would be cool if this tool would be updated and would supoort rx2-files :-)

rx2 is a proprietary format, and I have no clue how you will get access to the api docs @ propellerhead webpage.

https://www.propelle...veloper/rex.php

https://www.propelle...le=rextechinfo2

It's free to use, but you do need to register for access to the API, and they also limit access to established companies, not just random people who are curious.

Devs must also bundle the Rex API DLL with their software in order to load/save Rex files.

Even after all that, the API itself does not really do anything special other than provide access to the sample data, slice points, and other basic properties.

It doesn't provide a Rex player or anything like that, so it won't magically bring any of the fancy time-stretching and warping features from ReCycle into Renoise, if that's what anyone is thinking :)

At the end of the day it's quite a lot of hassle just to load a loop and some slice markers. Not really worth it, imho.
  • ffx likes this

#67 ffx

ffx

• Normal Members
  • 3452 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 21:47

What a strange way of company politics. rex2 also feels kind of outdated nowadays. Didn't realize it had timestretching  :blink:  just dragged it into cubase 15 years ago, there were cross fades....... All this proprietary shit in the audio industry, I hate that. Even Bitwig data looks like secret binary, at least they are not encrypting it  :badteeth: