Watch Those Sound Card Drivers!

They can cause all sorts of trouble, especially the Soundblaster “EAX control panel”.

I upgraded to Renoise 1.281 last night and got very confused when all my tracks were clipping whenever a certain amount of bass was present, I went into my EAX settings and realized that a parametric EQ had been enabled and was overboosting the bass frequencies!

I was going to post a bug report about Renoise but luckily checked my drivers first.

Be careful out there people. :D

isn’t that one of the first things to check when renoise doesn’t clip and your output does? ;)

use the kx-drivers, they are so much better … the only problems I ever had was when some game used EAX without letting me to switch it off, because the EAX support of this driver sucks. but if you are not gaming then you never have a problem.

creative’s newer drivers are really not that bad. it was, yes… but so was kx in the beginning… buggy and slow. the only thing i complain about creative drivers is it’s not-so-responsive ASIO. EAX, d3d is all pretty good and well implemented. latency wise, they’re roughly the same on my machine.

i’m using kx drivers on my Audigy now, really solid drivers. a few bugs and quirks with the mixer and speaker configurations at the moment though.