Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

What Would You Like To See In A Renoise 3.0?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
280 replies to this topic

#276 KURTZ

KURTZ

Guruh Motha Fakka is Levitating and Knows Everything About Renoise Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1047 posts
  • Interests:bunnies

Posted 26 April 2012 - 23:25

Translating the vertical pattern scheme to a pianoroll is quite a challenge,[...] you would also have to use the same color for the effects in the dsp panels that are applied to them and the send track contents if applicable. Owh, and the track groups should also somehow be applied.

Indeed. And this is not the only problematic thing about the PR mockup I did:
* when selecting multiples notes from multiple colored instruments inside the vertical PR editor, the behaviour of the instruments FX automation on the right side isn't clear ; the instrument fx "selector" only allows 1 instrument to be selected and edited, and not a group of instruments.
* I didn't though about colored notes that have to be edited and visually extended beyond the pattern border limits. Using a vertical PR would imply that the editor could drag colored notes over 2 different patterns,so the pattern should not look like distinct data blocks anymore, but they should look like continuous areas.
* I didn't thought about overlapping notes from different colors (how do they look ? how does it behave ? how is it edited ?).
* Using this kind of editor implies realtime synchronized views. The classic pattern view has to be modified in realtime by the PR view, the PR view is modified by every change in the classic pattern view. Each edition step should require an analysis and a synchronisation between the two different views. It seems at first simple to imagine how a PR would automatically fill a defined track with notes for the same instrument : instruments are always associated to the same defined track. Selecting an instrument would select the associated track and display the associated DSP chains and automations on the bottom of the screen. BUT the opposite way could be a hell to code. Some xrns songs made with the same instruments placed on lots of different tracks, could not be automatically converted into a clear colored PR view without harming the DSP chains logic...

Edited by KURTZ, 26 April 2012 - 23:32.

KURTZ

¤ cpu intel core i5 3.20Ghz | ram 8gb | nvidia geforce gtx 970 | hd1.2 tb | os win10 64bits | midi maudio oxygen 49 master keyboard
¤ kurtz/lapiNIC's french blog
¤ renoise france - communauté francophone des utilisateurs de renoise

#277 taktik

taktik

Renoise Developer

• Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15040 posts
  • Interests:füße waschen

Posted 27 April 2012 - 08:59

Guys, relax. We never said there absolutely will be a PR, neither we did said there absolutely will be none. We can't. Please do not nail us down on something down like this.

Also this whole thread kinda runs out of control. The whole "Ideas & suggestions" forum is about "What would you like to see in Renoise - soon, 3.0, whatever - what's important to you". And we now have the this whole sub forum in one topic which only makes things harder to discuss.

So I'd suggest we're closing this thread, and are going back using "Ideas & Suggestions" again. Don't want to shut off any discussions, but avoid chaos.
  • It-Alien, Denim, jiku and 6 others like this

#278 vincentvc

vincentvc

Guruh Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 970 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 11:14

Yes this topic should've been locked way back, it's pointless & cluttered. If you've got a suggestion make a topic, if it already exists bump the existing thread.

Edited by vincentvc, 27 April 2012 - 11:15.

bla

#279 joule

joule

• Normal Members
  • 1816 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 15:46

I actually think this topic is good. People are freestyling and it has given me several ideas.

#280 KURTZ

KURTZ

• Normal Members
  • 1047 posts
  • Interests:bunnies

Posted 27 April 2012 - 17:00

Yes this topic should've been locked way back, it's pointless & cluttered. If you've got a suggestion make a topic, if it already exists bump the existing thread.

yes, you're right it becomes a little bit messy in the end

KURTZ

¤ cpu intel core i5 3.20Ghz | ram 8gb | nvidia geforce gtx 970 | hd1.2 tb | os win10 64bits | midi maudio oxygen 49 master keyboard
¤ kurtz/lapiNIC's french blog
¤ renoise france - communauté francophone des utilisateurs de renoise

#281 vV

vV

God's or Borg's Chief and Ruler of All Species

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16855 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 19:50

Then let's close it.
A lot of stuff discussed here has a pinned topic in the Ideas&suggestion forum so i would suggest to take a look at the top of that forum and continue submitting your ideas to those topics (including links to your brainstormed images).
If your topic is not pinned, then search for it using the advanced search feature and bump the existing threads that apply.
  • KMaki likes this
Vv....

cpu Intel Core i7-4820K @3.70GHz
chipset Intel X79 chipset
mem 32 Gb 2400Mhz
os Win 7 64-bit SP1, DirectX 11
audio ESI ESP1010e - > Driver rev:2.0.6.0
video nVidia Geforce GTX780 - > Driver rev:335.23

Renoise Official Manual