#51 esaruoho

esaruoho

Guruh Motha Fakka is Levitating and Knows Everything About Renoise Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2668 posts
  • Interests://Varying Interests//

Posted 02 April 2012 - 14:28

[*]More ways to automatically alter the harmonic profile: added "- Saw" "- Square"... buttons, and a "Modify" section to add, sub, multiply and divide the current profile.
[*]The volume, attack and NNA settings are now realtime, so it's possible to make adjustements after sample generation.[/list]

awesome!!! :panic: :panic:

question: can unison be made post-render? as in, unison could be used after rendering, to create the copies?

Edited by esaruoho, 02 April 2012 - 14:29.

http://lackluster.org | on Bandcamp | on YouTube | on Facebook | on Spotify | on iTunes | on TiDAL | on Soundcloud | 

http://twitter.com/esaruoho | http://esaruoho.tumblr.com | GitHubesaruoho@gmail.com | 

| macOS 10.13 High Sierra | MacBook Pro 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 / 16 Gb 1600 MHz DDR 3 |

| http://renoise.com/tools/paketti | BTC: 1BoZ9rvb8wT7dFNyVPwSX7DLj3stNo7844 | http://paypal.me/esaruoho |

| Latent Impulse Tracker/Scream Tracker 3/Schism Tracker <-> Renoise fanatic |

More API functions, please! ;) http://forum.renoise.com/index.php/topic/26329-the-api-wishlist-thread/page-3#entry240266

#52 drakmaniso

drakmaniso

Advanced Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 15:11

question: can unison be made post-render? as in, unison could be used after rendering, to create the copies?

I can probably make the detune/width parameters update in realtime. However creating the samples when changing the number of voices would take too much time to be practical.

But that would be a good idea for a separate tool: something that can create unison on an existing instrument... The problem is, I have too many tool ideas already... :rolleyes:

#53 a773

a773

Big Super Masta Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 617 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 15:33

dl.dropbox.com/u/4343030/attes_pad_synth_patches.tgz

Edited by atte, 02 April 2012 - 15:34.

• Djeroek and drakmaniso like this

#54 drakmaniso

drakmaniso

Advanced Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 16:26

Hey, they're very nice! That's really great to hear that, thanks a lot.

My favorites are "glass pad 1", all the "pluck synth" and "rave". For many of them, I would never I guessed they were done with PadSynth...

Do you want me to put the link in the first post, so that more people can see it?

#55 zeitgeber

zeitgeber

Advanced Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 18:45

excellent update, the test note button works really well. have to see if 64+ is useful, but it's not in the way or anything..

just wondering, why does the count stop at 99 with the harmonic sliders? is that a space issue?

#56 a773

a773

Big Super Masta Member

• Normal Members
  • 617 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 19:04

@drakmaniso: feel free to add a link in the first post. These first were a result of initial playing around, will probably add more patches to the tarball soonish :-)

#57 Djeroek

Djeroek

Probably More God or Borg Than Human Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6761 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 19:31

got this one:

'C:\Users\plugexpert\AppData\Roaming\Renoise\V2.8.0\Scripts\Tools\org.drakmaniso.Padsynth.xrnx\main.lua' failed in one of its notifiers.
The notifier will be disabled to prevent further errors.

Please contact the author (drakmaniso | moussault.laurent@gmail.com) for assistance...

.\PadSynthWindow.lua:740: attempt to perform arithmetic on local 'v' (a string value)
stack traceback:
.\PadSynthWindow.lua:740: in function <.\PadSynthWindow.lua:740>

after setting 'Base Function' to 'saw', spread bandwidth to 197 ct, growth to 3.0, placement to 'multiplied', treshold of 2, I either tried changing amount and/or Harmonize..then the notice popped up.

#58 drakmaniso

drakmaniso

Advanced Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 06:43

@drakmaniso: feel free to add a link in the first post. These first were a result of initial playing around, will probably add more patches to the tarball soonish :-)

Great! I've added the link to the first post.

just wondering, why does the count stop at 99 with the harmonic sliders? is that a space issue?

Yes, I tried many solutions, but none worked correctly with 3 digits. Anyway, as you said, manual editing above 64 will probably be very rare.

after setting 'Base Function' to 'saw', spread bandwidth to 197 ct, growth to 3.0, placement to 'multiplied', treshold of 2, I either tried changing amount and/or Harmonize..then the notice popped up.

I can't reproduce it, but I think I know what is the problem. Thanks!

#59 kazakore

kazakore

• Normal Members
  • 6140 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 19:19

But that would be a good idea for a separate tool: something that can create unison on an existing instrument... The problem is, I have too many tool ideas already... :rolleyes:

I had the basis on one in a Tool (at least for 2.7, not tested with 2.8) but the setting are hard coded (eg fixed 8 voices), spread and adjustments are random and it was partly a proof of concept and hasn't been updated in a long time.

http://forum.renoise...post__p__252241

BitArts did suggest an alternative method for more even spread and apparently more typical type unison sound.

http://forum.renoise...unison-efffect/

One day I might try and do some more to my small collection of tools. Ordered a refurbished eeepc earlier, so maybe I can do little bits and bobs on the move and during the times the boss isn't in at work (early mornings/late evenings/weekends.) ;)

#60 eeter

eeter

Guruh Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts
  • Interests:Renoise, music, party, psychedelics, beer(<3!!!), travelling.

Posted 03 April 2012 - 21:11

Useful stuff. Made some pretty cool sounds with it.

#61 Djeroek

Djeroek

• Normal Members
  • 6761 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 00:51

Thanks for these, sounding great!

#62 drakmaniso

drakmaniso

Advanced Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 07:12

BitArts did suggest an alternative method for more even spread and apparently more typical type unison sound.

http://forum.renoise...unison-efffect/

In PadSynth I pretty much use the method described by BitArts, except for the panning part. Instead of panning all voices all the way right or left, I use an increment like for detune (the less detuned voices are closer to center). Also, each voice starts at a different point of the wavetable, but this is only work with fully looped samples.

#63 kazakore

kazakore

• Normal Members
  • 6140 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:11

I'd actually forgotten his description has full pan on all voices and I agree you're method is something I'd be more likely to do if and when I get around to updating the tool with an even/calculated spread mode :)

#64 a773

a773

Big Super Masta Member

• Normal Members
  • 617 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 21:39

I've added a few more patches to the tarball...

Edited by atte, 06 April 2012 - 21:39.

• Djeroek likes this

#65 Tom de Rooy

Tom de Rooy

• Normal Members
  • 2429 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 08:03

Great tool.

#66 2 daze j

2 daze j

Big Super GrandMasta Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 759 posts
  • Interests:Ghosts, aliens, space, the afterlife, music, high energy music..

Posted 08 April 2012 - 20:42

This is a really interesting tool. It seems to provide super fat sounds. I'm wondering if anybody is using this for bass... and if yes, could you link some audio, soundcloud- youtube, etc...
I woke up with my mind on the floor...

#67 drakmaniso

drakmaniso

Advanced Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 15:52

I've added a few more patches to the tarball...

Great! I really like the two new "pluck synths", especially #5.

The link hasn't changed, right? I don't need to update the first post?

I'm wondering if anybody is using this for bass...

I'm wondering too. I did some experimenting, but I'm not good enough at sound design to post anything. I think one interesting feature of the algorithm for bass is that you can enter the sample at any point, since it's fully looped. So you can use the S effect command (and the Renoise humanize feature) to add small sound variations to each note of a bass line.

#68 a773

a773

Big Super Masta Member

• Normal Members
  • 617 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 16:02

Great! I really like the two new "pluck synths", especially #5.

The link hasn't changed, right? I don't need to update the first post?

The link hasn't changed, I'm just pouring new sounds into the same tarball. I'll add more sounds from time to time, and post here, when there's enough new sounds.

I'm wondering too. I did some experimenting, but I'm not good enough at sound design to post anything. I think one interesting feature of the algorithm for bass is that you can enter the sample at any point, since it's fully looped. So you can use the S effect command (and the Renoise humanize feature) to add small sound variations to each note of a bass line.

I'll have a stab at bass sounds next. I mostly prefer my bass sounds "thin" (non-detuned), they tend to provide the firmest lo-end IMHO, so PadSynth is not the obvious choice here...

Edited by atte, 09 April 2012 - 16:03.

#69 Cas

Cas

• Normal Members
  • 1719 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 16:25

I can probably make the detune/width parameters update in realtime. However creating the samples when changing the number of voices would take too much time to be practical.

No worries. next version of AwesomeSawce should have this.. fixed before next weekend :)

music: SoundCloud drumkits: WizzKit no. 01 (thread), 02 (thread), 03 (thread), 04
tutorials: Beat Creators, Drum Synthesis examples
tools: download@box, info@blog, fork@git, discuss@forum

BCF2000, LP S, MPK, nPad2, nKtrl2, NI KA6, Vortex, SP-404SX

Renoise, NI Reaktor

#70 Bit_Arts

Bit_Arts

Big Super GrandMasta Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 799 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 14:26

"Discovered" this just a few minutes ago. And I'm pretty surprised. Def have to play around a bit with this on the weekend. :) Thanks, drakmaniso! Keep up the good work!

Herr, schmeiss Hirn vom Himmel! :mellow:

#71 kazakore

kazakore

• Normal Members
  • 6140 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 19:27

Just thought I'd mention here for any that haven't noticed and have been enjoying this wonderful tool that it is featuring quite heavily in the current DDRC competition round ;)

http://forum.renoise...tition-round-35

#72 drakmaniso

drakmaniso

Advanced Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 20:01

"Discovered" this just a few minutes ago. And I'm pretty surprised. Def have to play around a bit with this on the weekend. :) Thanks, drakmaniso! Keep up the good work!

Thanks! Your posts with incredible device tricks are always a great source of inspiration for me, so I hope my tool will be useful to you in return!

Just thought I'd mention here for any that haven't noticed and have been enjoying this wonderful tool that it is featuring quite heavily in the current DDRC competition round ;)

I don't have enough time right now to read the forum, so I wasn't aware of this... That's really great! I can't wait to hear the songs...

#73 TheBellows

TheBellows

• Normal Members
  • 2511 posts
  • Interests:Jepp

Posted 22 April 2012 - 16:16

Nice tool! I'm using it now for the 35'th round of ddrc. :)

#74 KURTZ

KURTZ

• Normal Members
  • 1047 posts
  • Interests:bunnies

Posted 22 April 2012 - 16:39

Nice tool! I'm using it now for the 35'th round of ddrc. :)

This kind of DDRC round generally produces interesting demo examples, like in the previous resynth 2 based round.

KURTZ

¤ cpu intel core i5 3.20Ghz | ram 8gb | nvidia geforce gtx 970 | hd1.2 tb | os win10 64bits | midi maudio oxygen 49 master keyboard
¤ kurtz/lapiNIC's french blog
¤ renoise france - communauté francophone des utilisateurs de renoise

#75 Dunks

Dunks

Chief Above Chief Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 17:52

This is better than vsti for me, still figuring out how it works but its not hard to make a nice sound that fits in the mix. My latest track (my sig) uses it for all the pads. massive thanks!