• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 esaruoho

esaruoho

Guruh Motha Fakka is Levitating and Knows Everything About Renoise Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2533 posts
  • Interests:// Free Energy // Cymatics // Sound visualization // Sustainable energy production // Apple devices // Tesla Motors //

Posted 02 April 2012 - 15:05

You know, I don't really use the metronome. Not because it's not useful, especially when you set the Beats per Bar and Lines per Beat to what you like either in the key-preferences or through [url="

What do you mean?

"]scripting[/url], but all in all, it doesn't get much use, because it is so infernally loud.
Thankfully the forum members were kind enough to tell me what to do, i.e. alter the Metronome.wav in Skins/ folder. But.

Posted Image
having no control on a RMS -8.8dB sound is um. cruel, for those with a nervous disposition.
While this:
Posted Image
solves the issue for me - each and every new beta or version, I'll have to either re-do the volume change or copy the metronome.wav in there again. one day i'll forget, and then I'll go OW and stop using metronome again.

it really feels like the preferences in Renoise could have a volume slider for controlling how loud the sound is.
please could we have it :blink:
  • mr_mark_dollin, Djeroek, Jalex and 5 others like this

| lackluster Website | lackluster on bandcamp | lackluster on facebooklackluster on soundcloud | esaruoho on twitter |

esaruoho@gmail.comesaruoho on reddit | esaruoho on ello | 

| OS X 10.11 El Capitan | Mac Book Pro 2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo / 8GB 1067 MHz DDR3 |

| Latent Impulse Tracker/Scream Tracker 3/Schism Tracker <-> Renoise fanatic |

More API functions, please! ;)

#2 revo11

revo11

Chief Above Chief Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 18:15

+1

I would also really like to have the ability to specify the a delay amount for the reason mentioned here:
http://forum.renoise...__1#entry250630
Seems like a small issue, but it gets really tedious having to edit notes from the first beat across 2 patterns (often necessary to time the attack phase of a downbeat properly)

Edited by revo11, 02 April 2012 - 18:16.

#3 mr_mark_dollin

mr_mark_dollin

• Normal Members
  • 2823 posts
  • Interests:Quiet Revolutions.

Posted 02 April 2012 - 23:00

Yes! It's been requested before, but there's still a need for it.
Posted Image

#4 KMaki

KMaki

Big Super Masta Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 672 posts
  • Interests:Survival (e.g. breathing). Small scale renoise-tool-coding. The Melvins. Absurdity of it all. Zen / Not-zen. Wifey&Kids.

Posted 03 April 2012 - 07:49

I would like to note that a tool can probably be written to load the metronome sample and adjust it, but i cannot make such note because this is too much a 'native setting' thing. Bam. Inverse tool speculation.
Renoise (2.6->) 2.8 / Mac mini 2010 - 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo - 4 Gb 1067 MHz DDR3 / OS X 10.8 / M-Audio Fast Track USB

#5 EatMe

EatMe

Guruh Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 894 posts
  • Interests:Fuße wirklich richtig schmutzig machen, mit kräftig anlegen von, logischerweise, ein Schlammpfütze.

Posted 14 May 2012 - 17:17

+1 thanks

I press ~ accidently and then hear the very loud metronome.
* discography: eatme.pro/music
* all Renoise projectseatme.pro/music/projects
* soundcloud: /eatme 
* some samples: this free breakbeat and another free breakbeat 
* more infoeatme.pro/about - please mention www.eatme.pro with a broadcast or share

+1

#6 joule

joule

• Normal Members
  • 1508 posts
  • Interests:music, philosophy, engineering

Posted 23 June 2012 - 22:19

+1

The metronome is extremely loud on my system as well and I don't use it for the same reason. It would be nice with a volume control.

#7 Cas

Cas

• Normal Members
  • 1719 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 15:45

I use it only in precount mode, every once in a while. I also changed the ` or ~ shortcut to switch chord mode :P. Anyway, you people are right and it wouldn't be stupid to have a slider for it. But if it's in the prefs, maybe just a low-mid-high level selector or something, I would not like to see something in prefs pane where you first have to go hit start to monitor, and adjust the value in the prefs..
Ooh a better idea: just hide the slider.. then if you scroll on the metronome button the level changes
Also I like that it's still a sample that it can be replaced. Very cool. I'd love to have it count "one two three four" though :P :D

I had another idea. I would like a second keyboard shortcut like RShift, start to record in pattern, but one explicitly with precount and one without.

Edited by Cas, 24 June 2012 - 15:48.

music: SoundCloud drumkits: WizzKit no. 01 (thread), 02 (thread), 03 (thread), 04
tutorials: Beat Creators, Drum Synthesis examples
tools: download@box, info@blog, fork@git, discuss@forum

BCF2000, LP S, MPK, nPad2, nKtrl2, NI KA6, Vortex, SP-404SX

Renoise, NI Reaktor

#8 landslidepurist

landslidepurist

• Normal Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 10:31

Will this be in the next release of Renoise?
soundcloud.com/landslide-purist

#9 joule

joule

• Normal Members
  • 1508 posts
  • Interests:music, philosophy, engineering

Posted 19 September 2013 - 10:37

Will this be in the next release of Renoise?

We do now know that since features are not announced beforehand :)

#10 MonsterRadioMan

MonsterRadioMan

Super Advanced Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 23:15

Personally I think the Metronome in general could use an overhaul. I feel like it's just not intuitive at all to use. I think the way Renoise deals with time signatures just doesn't make sense. It should be more straight forward. This probably has a lot to do with the fact that I play with a metronome all day and am used to reading music. I guess though that that could just be a different in the way a tracker views time versus a traditional DAW? And I agree, it's totally loud. I think maybe some parameters that you could control straight from the GUI without having to program it in the tracker would be useful. Like a general click settings which would include volume and time signature? I'm not sure how to explain it.

#11 zzz666zzz

zzz666zzz

• Normal Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 10:34

What about metronome being native effect/instrumet? We love how it sounds so we could make click track and monitor it the way we want to headphones or drum bus! Time singnature could override song settings so highlighted lines will match.
  • AKM likes this

#12 Yung McBucket

Yung McBucket

• Normal Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Interests:Improving

Posted 24 October 2013 - 02:42

that reminds me also that every time i wanna change the time signature, I also have to go into the preferences and set the bpm count accordingly. it'd be nice if the global control had the option to change the time sig and have the metronome match with it

#13 AKM

AKM

• Normal Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
  • Interests:Piano, Audio technologies

Posted 08 August 2017 - 11:22

+1

Andrei Kuznetsov

My videos: YouTube

My audio recordings: SoundCloud 

#14 Raul (ulneiz)

Raul (ulneiz)

• Normal Members
  • 1042 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 13:35

+1

This is another of these topics much discussed in the forums. Everyone asking for a metronome review. At least include a dedicated volume bar. But there are really 100% ignored topics. This seems to be one of them.

:excl: Development of my tool: GT16-Colors

:excl: My API wishlist R3.1 (updated 24 July 2017):

Spoiler

:excl: My Renoise 3.1 wishlist (updated 26 September 2017):

Spoiler