Tripgate

TripGate

check it: patterns are made with hitting notes on the “No Sample” instrument…
last pattern is my fave tho. :D

You know what i find very weird when enabling the volume envelope on the Awesome sawce instrument? That if you retrigger the note key for the second time, the layers are played inadequatly…
I have removed all the effects from all tracks and pushed the post fader back to 0db to be sure there is no effect involving in this matter…
The first point on the 0 position has to be set to -inf db, the second can be maximum.

Yeah it’s annoying the shit out of me, also stays with renders even, it’s got to be some kind of bug, or limitation? I think it happens when you use chords of like, 3 or more keys, so renoise will have to find 15*3 = 45 layer activations real quick and totally fails at it…
But it’s still weird that it only happens when you don’t give the track time to breathe… if you let go, send a noteoff, it’ll mostly trigger properly next time.
Are you sure it has to do with the volume envelope? because I hadn’t figured that one yet. :D

so, sorry bout that rant, dblue has pointed out what the actual limit being hit in this case is: over here