a773

Big Super Masta Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 617 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 08:00

can you check that:

?

I noticed that redownloaded file has " (number)" added to filename, maybe quoting it could help.

Right on! That solved it, why didn't I think of that?

#52 29a

29a

• Normal Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
  • Interests:Music (metal, speedcore), Audio, Programming

Posted 20 September 2013 - 08:10

Right on! That solved it, why didn't I think of that?

good, ill post update tommorow.

#53 a773

a773

Big Super Masta Member

• Normal Members
  • 617 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 14:37

good, ill post update tommorow.

Great!

Make sure you submit it to tools.renoise...

#54 mogue

mogue

Advanced Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 17:59

Great stuff 29a!!

Here's how I configured VLC with the freesound tool on Os X.

Program for playing sample:
/Applications/VLC.app/Contents/MacOS/VLC --intf rc --run-time 15 --play-and-exit

The options:
* "--intf rc" removes the VLC GUI. You can remove this option to open a new VLC instance for each preview.
* "--run-time 15" this will limit the playback to 15 seconds. The number can be changed to any floating value indicating time in seconds.
* "--play-and-exit" tells the application to shutdown when playback is complete.
For more VLC command-line options see: https://wiki.videola...mand-line_help/

Note: afplay does not support ogg format so you need to change the preview from freesound to mp3 to be able to use afplay.

Edited by mogue, 28 September 2013 - 21:31.

• afta8 and KMaki like this

#55 afta8

afta8

Big Super GrandMasta Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 709 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 22:13

Here's how I configured VLC with the freesound tool on Os X.

Thanks, I was struggling to get it to work on OSx

#56 29a

29a

• Normal Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 18:14

ok, tool now is uploaded on renoise library.
ive uploaded updated version with bugfix for preview with executable.
also it now store executable info, so you wont be bugged about it anymore.

http://www.renoise.c...und-integration

edit: i also had to change tool id from com.renoise.* to com.occulkot.* as com.renoise is reserved for renoise team

Edited by 29a, 23 September 2013 - 19:01.

• Conner_Bw, Djeroek and afta8 like this

#57 a773

a773

Big Super Masta Member

• Normal Members
  • 617 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 21:41

ok, tool now is uploaded on renoise library

Great, downloaded + tested, seems to work just fine!
  • Djeroek likes this

#58 mogue

mogue

Advanced Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 21:29

I noticed VLC hangs by default after playback. This was flooding my cpu so I added the "--play-and-exit" flag to the configuration. Be sure to update your configuration if you used my settings.

/Applications/VLC.app/Contents/MacOS/VLC --intf rc --run-time 15 --play-and-exit

#59 Shah

Shah

• Normal Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 06:57

Awesome tool thanks!

#60 Shah

Shah

• Normal Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:30

Ah I spoke too soon. It lets me preview but it doesn't let me download files! I get a pop up saying "Cannot Move File or Folder: Cannot move Renoise Tmpfile-0-51: The filename, directory name or volume label syntax is incorrect". How do I fix it?

#61 29a

29a

• Normal Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:32

Ah I spoke too soon. It lets me preview but it doesn't let me download files! I get a pop up saying "Cannot Move File or Folder: Cannot move Renoise Tmpfile-0-51: The filename, directory name or volume label syntax is incorrect". How do I fix it?

what OS do you use? Also, did you select download directory for samples and do you have permission to write into it.

#62 Shah

Shah

• Normal Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:51

what OS do you use? Also, did you select download directory for samples and do you have permission to write into it.

I use Windows XP service pack 3.

It's strange all my folders seem to be stuck on "Read-Only" flag, I might have a new virus or something. Doing an in-depth scan now. I can still save and delete files from within the folders though so not sure if this read-only issue could be the cause?

#63 29a

29a

• Normal Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:53

I use Windows XP service pack 3.

It's strange all my folders seem to be stuck on "Read-Only" flag, I might have a new virus or something. Doing an in-depth scan now. I can still save and delete files from within the folders though so not sure if this read-only issue could be the cause?

im not sure how ntfs permissions works, but ill check at home at win7 if plugin work corectly, also with readolny flag for directory.

#64 Drop Shadow

Drop Shadow

Big Daddy Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 12:17

Awesome tool.

However, can download but not preview. When previewing a cmd window quickly flickers and then nothing.
All users have full permission to the specified download folder.
Tried with VLC, Winamp and WMP.
Win 7. Renoise 64 bit.

#65 29a

29a

• Normal Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 12:19

Awesome tool.

However, can download but not preview. When previewing a cmd window quickly flickers and then nothing.
All users have full permission to the specified download folder.
Tried with VLC, Winamp and WMP.
Win 7. Renoise 64 bit.

on windows, you can just try living preview application path empty, in that case renoise will use default application for previewing file.

#66 Shah

Shah

• Normal Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 13:03

im not sure how ntfs permissions works, but ill check at home at win7 if plugin work corectly, also with readolny flag for directory.

Ok thanks.

It's 62% through the virus scan and quite a few threats found. It could be a permissions issue caused by a virus or a recent windows update as I was on Windows XP service pack 2 for years, until recently upgrading to service pack 3 about a week ago.

#67 Drop Shadow

Drop Shadow

Big Daddy Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 14:26

on windows, you can just try living preview application path empty, in that case renoise will use default application for previewing file.

Thanks a lot. It works. However, the sound will be played in my firefox browser (which would never happen if I open a sound file on my computer), and I would really like it to open in one of my media players.

Whatever program I choose from my program folder (e.g. 'C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe'), cmd.exe produces this error message:

´C:\Program´ was not recognized as an internal or external command, a program or a batch file
Translated from Danish so the English message might be a bit different.

Maybe because it can't deal with spaces (the path begins with C:\Program Files (x86)\...)?

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

#68 29a

29a

• Normal Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 14:39

Thanks a lot. It works. However, the sound will be played in my firefox browser (which would never happen if I open a sound file on my computer), and I would really like it to open in one of my media players.

Whatever program I choose from my program folder (e.g. 'C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe'), cmd.exe produces this error message:

´C:\Program´ was not recognized as an internal or external command, a program or a batch file

Maybe because it can't deal with spaces (the path begins with C:\Program Files (x86)\...)?

hmmm - i didnt knew that renoise will use cmd.exe for calling external program.
Ive got fix suggestion from coworker, ill put patch when i return to home.

#69 vV

vV

God's or Borg's Chief and Ruler of All Species

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16855 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 17:48

Use double and single quotes, whichever of the two you use first to mark the start of the string and the other to use as literal string character that is being parsed, the order of quotes doesn't matter regarding which you use first, but ofcourse the hierarchy of enclosure does count!

" 'C:\Program Files (x86)\...' "
Vv....

cpu Intel Core i7-4820K @3.70GHz
chipset Intel X79 chipset
mem 32 Gb 2400Mhz
os Win 7 64-bit SP1, DirectX 11
audio ESI ESP1010e - > Driver rev:2.0.6.0
video nVidia Geforce GTX780 - > Driver rev:335.23

Renoise Official Manual

#70 Shah

Shah

• Normal Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 21:47

Well I cleaned all the viruses and still getting the same problems with downloading files!

#71 29a

29a

• Normal Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 21:53

@vV: exactly ;)
@Drop Shadow: can you test version from this post, ive fixed calling client defined program (i hope it also work in mac that way, because it does in linux)
@Shah: something is weird as at my computer everything seems to be working fine... does this happens with every directory you choose? Maybe you have some special chars in pathname or sth

Attached Files

#72 Drop Shadow

Drop Shadow

Big Daddy Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 23:15

@Drop Shadow: can you test version from this post, ive fixed calling client defined program (i hope it also work in mac that way, because it does in linux)

Thanks for looking into it.

Unfortunately, I get the same error message when the executable is located in a path with spaces (e.g. "Program Files").
If I put the player file somewhere without spaces (e.g. C:\VLC\vlc.exe), I get another message. Translated from Danish:

The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.

Hope it helps.

Edited by Drop Shadow, 15 October 2013 - 23:15.

#73 Shah

Shah

• Normal Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 07:16

@vV: exactly ;)/>
@Shah: something is weird as at my computer everything seems to be working fine... does this happens with every directory you choose? Maybe you have some special chars in pathname or sth

It seems to be happening on any directory I choose, without any special chars in pathname. For example I just tried C:\Downloads\, this is the standard download directory which comes preconfigured in Windows XP. I still get virtually the same error message each time, the only thing that changes is the tmpfile number.

"Cannot Move File or Folder: Cannot move Renoise Tmpfile-0-125: The filename, directory name or volume label syntax is incorrect"

#74 29a

29a

• Normal Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 07:49

It seems to be happening on any directory I choose, without any special chars in pathname. For example I just tried C:\Downloads\, this is the standard download directory which comes preconfigured in Windows XP. I still get virtually the same error message each time, the only thing that changes is the tmpfile number.

"Cannot Move File or Folder: Cannot move Renoise Tmpfile-0-125: The filename, directory name or volume label syntax is incorrect"

kk, ill try check it again at home. I dont think its something big, it just need some more tests on windows.
At least we came to same error on your and Dead Shadow computer - so thats a good start.
Ill post update later.

#75 MonsterRadioMan

MonsterRadioMan

Super Advanced Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 14:07

Really awesome tool! I'll be using this a bunch. Thanks!

Can't it to test the sample though however. If I set it to open with VLC it doesn't do anything. If I leave it blank it opens up my internet browser which is annoying. At this point it's easier to just download it to test and see if I want to use it.

Still though, really awesome!