starange "blips"

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_blaze0_*

Guest_blaze0_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 July 2002 - 20:50

When I'm in a module it blips... dunno why.. I've got a midiman delta 24/96... i've tested almost everything... plz help..

blaze0

#2 Guest_ZgOgOr_*

Guest_ZgOgOr_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 August 2002 - 14:06

I'm a beginner but have a look at the "Khz frequency" in the Sound properties...
your card is at 44khz or 48khz and maybe the song is at 22khz...
but can your audio card handles those frequency ??
try to change it to see if it is better.

ZgOgOr

#3 Guest_ZgOgOr_*

Guest_ZgOgOr_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 August 2002 - 16:24

I forgot to tell you this :
If your card work at 44.1, put renoise at 44.1 because if your computer have to change the Frequency "on the fly" it will be the hungry CPU things you fight against !!

ZgOgOr

#4 Guest_taktik_*

Guest_taktik_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 August 2002 - 19:59

this is not fastracker :)
when you set 44.1 kHz in the audio/configs tab, the frequency of your soundcard and the internal mixingfrequency will be 44.1 kHz

[%sig%]

#5 Guest_ZgOgOr_*

Guest_ZgOgOr_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 August 2002 - 17:03

what do you mean ? there is not "on the fly" frequency change ??
SB card are 48khz card , no ?
I"m wrong somewhere :)
I was thinking in that case the CPU will run to convert the frequency...
zgogOr

#6 Guest_Johan_*

Guest_Johan_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 August 2002 - 17:14

When specs for a soundcard says 48kHz it means max 48. It has hardware support for several lower common frequencies as well, i.e. 44.1kHz, 22k, 11k etc.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is how I understood it...

#7 Guest_taktik_*

Guest_taktik_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 August 2002 - 22:20

the song is calculated with the soundcards frequency , so there is no difference between the internal one (renoise mixer) and the external one (the soundcard). It's not converted at the end as you mentioned ...

[%sig%]

#8 Guest_ZgOgOr_*

Guest_ZgOgOr_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 August 2002 - 23:25

oo thx a lot :o)
but it seems that my SB64 got problems at 22khz :o(

zGoGor

#9 Guest_blaze0_*

Guest_blaze0_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 August 2002 - 15:58

Well.. i've tested almost all... my soudcard (midiman delta Audipophile) sets the frequency to 22 kHz when i open renoise... when I disable this "reset rate when idle" in the control panel for the soundcard i blips even more! I've tested to lock all types of saplerates! 44.1, 48, 22.050, 96, 88.200, 24 and uhhhh all... nothig works.. And it does'nt seem to be any difference when I change the rate in renoise... I've tested all DMA modes and 385 works best for me... but it blips!! ahhh! ;)

#10 Guest_taktik_*

Guest_taktik_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 August 2002 - 19:40

could you capture these blits and send me a small mp3 ? maybe i get an idea what could be wrong when i hear it ...
please use a pure sin as sample when capturing ...

[%sig%]

#11 Guest_blaze0_*

Guest_blaze0_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 August 2002 - 18:36

Sure... I'll try.. where can i send it then?

#12 Guest_blaze0_*

Guest_blaze0_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 August 2002 - 18:49

I'll give one more clue... It's almost OK when i just play an XM module... But when I'm going to make a new one with any sample... if i use *.xi or *.wav it "blips" (have'nt tested more filetypes) For an example i start with a bassdrum.. If i place it out with "edit step" and fast the annoying soud is there... But if I place it out a little bit more slower so that the samplerange goes out.. NO ANNOYING SOUND! But when I play the pattern it blips again.. =(very strange.. Then why does not the xm module blip? I've tested almost 100 different XM modules and none of them blips if i load them and just play them... but when I zap the patterns and use the same instruments from the module it blips when i've made a line of bassdrum for an example.. It does'nt blip when I don't play the pattern.. you understood that right? ;) What could it be?!