MIDI bank select - MSB/LSB order

Hi, I have a problem:
in ext. midi section of instrument settings, “bank” doesn’t send anything to my nord stage 2 (program work correctly)
instead, if I insert a “Instrument MIDI control” in track dsps, and insert CC32, this work as aspected.
It is not a problem of nord stage 2 because if I connect my motif es midi out to midi in of stage2, I can change bank and program correctly!
The strange things is that “ext. midi” bank work correctly with Virus TI, Motif ES…
What’s the problem?
Thanks

I believe I am experiencing the same problem, but with a different midi controller (a Kurzweil PC88mx). I am able to change the program ok, but not the bank (from the midi tab, output section). I am using Renoise 3.0.0. Renoise’s log of midi messages shows the bank select messages for CC32 and CC0, but the bank change is not taking effect on the midi keyboard.

As ballacr75 said, inserting an “Instrument MIDI control” in the track and manually inserting the CC0 and CC32 messages works as expected.

I believe I see the problem: when Renoise does the bank select itself, it sends the bank LSB followed by the MSB, when in fact it is supposed to first send the MSB, then the LSB.

It would be nice to see this bug fixed!

Thanks,

Matt

I believe I see the problem: when Renoise does the bank select itself, it sends the bank LSB followed by the MSB, when in fact it is supposed to first send the MSB, then the LSB.

Unfortunately some devices want or need the LSB first, others the MSB first. Only thing we could do here is making this an option in which order to sent the bank change.

+1 for option!

+2! :slight_smile:

Well make that +3! Thanks for your follow-up.

Just a thought: perhaps sending LSB, MSB, and then LSB again could be a workaround to make all midi devices happy. But leaving this as option to the user is probably better.