[fixed r3] Windows: UI of NI Maschine 2 VSTi is broken

Hi,

Just reporting. Renoise 2.8.1 x64, NI Maschine 2.0.2 x64 @ Win 7 x64 SP1. UI of this VSTi plugin is completely broken (just a blank screen with a few UI elements). Maschine 1.8 VSTi works fine.

Could someone confirm the bug?

Same system, same behaviour:

Renoise 2.8.1 64 bit on Win7 SP1

NI Maschine 1.8: usable GUI
NI Maschine 2.0 64 bit: broken GUI

4319 Maschine2GUI.jpg

Both versions work fine in Reaper.

Confirmed, both in 32 and 64-bit versions.

I can add that this bug is not present in OS X Mountain Lion, not 32 nor 64-bit.

I just sent a ticket to Native Instruments’ team, will report back as soon as I hear from them

The bug was fixed with NI Maschine 2.0.2 update.

Well… I am running Maschine 2.0.2 and the bug still exists!

NI’s support just confirmed this, hopefully it is fixed in the upcoming 2.0.5

For me, the bug is still alive using Renoise 2.8.2 and Maschine 2.0.5 bot in 32-bit and 64-bit, in Windows 7 SP1

l0ader, did you change anything in the programs’ preferences to make it work? Something in Win7?

if you are lucky, the devs come out to tell you what they always tell:

“thats def. a bug on ni maschine”… “renoise is bugless” …or what about “support of maschine 2 is currently not provided”…or “f*** y*******”.
to be honest…wait for bitwig, its close! in the meantime you might ask danoise, hes a cool guy but i guess he cant help here ;)

The devs do not always supply these kind of comments, sometimes issues are really a culprit in Renoise and they do fix it if so. In the actual case it is really a plugin issue, they have thoroughly tested that and if possible contacted the plugin developers to figure it out.They will in those cases also clearly state what they have done to test it and why they got stuck.

2.0.5 still broken, both x32 and x64 what a shame :(

how is it with other hosts?

Maschine 2 opens fine in Bidule (both 32 and 64-bit) and FL Studio, but this same bug which exists in Renoise 2.8.2, is present in the latest 3.0.0 beta5 (both 32 and 64-bit)

so its a renoise problem then. and shouldnt we give new users that use maschine a warning not to buy renoise until its fixed?! vV could you do that? a big warning on the main forum? i would do it but i think mods would delete it so its better to ask you?! :badteeth:/>

Just got a maschine and I’ve got the same problem. What a damn shame :(

Thought they are already working on a fix and/or would contact us. Didn’t happened. Contacted NI to get this sorted out…

Not quite.
Plugin visuals are in generic fully arranged by the plugins themselves, not Renoise or any other host.
Renoise does use DirectX for its visuals which most other hosts don’t use and it may be that Maschine is using DirectX as well. Two applications wanting something from the DirectDraw engine in DirectX may cause a problem which has to be sorted out by both the plugin developer and host developer since neither developer groups can tell from eachother exactly what event is happening that messes up things.

Bug still exists in version 2.0.6 of Maschine

What about disabling plugin sand boxing ?

There are a bunch of plugins that aren’t working with it.

Tried with sand boxing disabled and the bug is still there, on Renoise 3.0.0 beta5, Renoise 2.8.2 and Maschine 2.0.6, both 32 and 64-bit

Just got a reply from NI. This seems to happen with other hosts in other situations too. Trying to find out why.
Probably it’s a (file) permission thing. Could someone please try if running Renoise as admin fixes the problem?

Same buggy result with all versions running as admin