New Song. "takeoff"

Got a new song up. Called “Takeoff”.

http://www.renoise.com/songs.php?pg=artist&id=470

Very impressive!!!

Whos voice is this??

Very sweet! Very 80ish… reminds me of uhm… uhmmmm…

Damn, can’t think of the name now… Will let u know when i do though.

Again, great work!!!

It’s all me.

Some people think the song reminds them here and there of the song “True” by Spandau Ballet.

You got a nice voice Kizzume!

Very relaxing, you should keep singing like this in your songs.

I’m gonna listen to ur song a few more times then give it a rating :)

EDIT:
I really like the parts where you sing, and where the athmospheric strings come in with your voice, but the part between it;

1:51 - 2:18

It’s kind of… i dunno, the instruments seem very thin compared to what they were. it sounds very “tracked” sort of, compared to when the strings are there.

But otherwise, awesome, i gave it a 90%.

That whole section I was wondering about. Originally I had a piano sound there, but I couldn’t get rid of the keyboardy sound in the piano (Roland roland roland–oh well), so I switched it to a blatant 80’s Electric Piano sound, but now I’m really not sure what type of sound I should have used there to sound better. Maybe I need to humanize it a little or something–I’d have to wait for 1.5 for that (pattern size). Maybe I just had the part too loud. Mabye I should just cut the section out completely. I just don’t know.

What sound do you think might have worked better there?

Do you think the piano part that’s a bridge in the beginning and is also the very end of the song should be turned up more?

-What sound do you think might have worked better there?

…I really don’t know :unsure:

I think the synth-brass, that comes in along with the electric piano sound, sounds VERY stripped, sort of, it doesn’t fit at all. The notes kind of jumps along, while the other parts has a very distinctive “flow” and structure (the strings, bass, drums and the voice).

I would rather cut the part than keep it like it is, but if you can add something better, then that’d probably be best.

-Do you think the piano part that’s a bridge in the beginning and is also the very end of the song should be turned up more?

Maybe just a little, not much, but since the piano is sort of the main instrument in its parts, it should be a little louder I think.

Oh and one more thing;

I notice there is some hiss in your recordings of your voice.
Try some hiss-reduction in Audition, or at least fade out the samples.
At 4:10 it’s very audible; It sort of cuts out.

Picky stuff, but if you listen to the song alot, like i do, it kind of gets annoying after a while.

:)

And it’s an easy thing to fix.

Hope i was to some help.

Thanks. I never noticed the hiss at that spot.

I need to adjust the noise gate for that track in Renoise.

I think I’m going to change that instrument to something really subdued, and cut that length of that part in half.

I really appreciate the input. It’s very helpful.