The browser seems like something that could detatch...

Am I the only person who would like to see the browser detach and become a floating window just like the Renoise Instr? We all know, “lots of floating windows, can be annoying.” but it just seems like, “with the amount of files, and folders these days,” there could be advantages to placing the browser in a detachable/dockable floating window setup…

:slight_smile:

I agree. You have to expand it fairly wide to see the date stamp and it just feels in the way now that it’s on the side. Although I do like it better now tham before because of more vertical space.

I’m all for more detaching, generally speaking. And will not be confusing, as we have to manually click " detach" like with other floating windows. bring it on.

I’m all for more detaching, generally speaking. And will not be confusing, as we have to manually click " detach" like with other floating windows. bring it on.

dunno what happened there… mobile bug, nevermind :)

I strongly agree with this idea. With the new layout the browser takes quite a lot of space on the right, especially when displaying size and date. Undocking feature could save some space on the pattern editor.

Also, it could be nice to be able to dock the browser to the detached version of the instrument editor (on the right for example, or on top).

I think it would work much better this way in a dual screen setup