29 replies to this topic

#26 Keef Baker

Keef Baker

Super Advanced Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 25 January 2016 - 11:58

Doesn't the exponential generation of the bitcoins mean that the further you go in the future the less there's likely to be?

So now we have a culture of early adopters are rich? Or only the tech-savvy have money? How is that better?

And the way it's generated is computing power.. How is computing power made? With components that cost....................... Money.

So if someone rich wants bitcoins, they buy a server farm and boom.

I totally agree that making money separate from government is a good idea, but all this seems to do for me is replace one set of chiefs with another. One, that can be concievably the rich anyway due to how they're made.

• Conner_Bw likes this

#27 Uporo

Uporo

Advanced Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 28 May 2018 - 19:30

Well this thread didn't age well :D. Getting back to the subject now since there are now various ways to set up bitcoin payments so that you'll don't have to hassle with btc when you are selling a product:

For example BitPay supports settlement in 8 currencies and direct bank deposit in 38 countries. Bitcoin settlements are supported in 240 countries.

https://bitpay.com/tour

Edited by Uporo, 28 May 2018 - 19:31.

#28 The_Traveler

The_Traveler

Super Advanced Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts
  • Interests:Exploring timbrality ...

Posted 29 May 2018 - 00:47

Personally, I think bitcoin is seriously flawed at best, a scam at the worst.

Bitcoin's price is not a reflection of its growing usage as currency; it reflects merely demand for the mirage of its speculative value. Its price is rising only because people all over the world are hearing stories of how others doubled or tripled their money in a short period -- and they don't want to miss out

I don't want to seem overly negative but, good luck.

Cheers.

Edited by The_Traveler, 29 May 2018 - 01:03.

• pottering likes this

#29 El°HYM

El°HYM

Big Super GrandMasta Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 761 posts
  • Interests:I AM El°HYM

Posted 29 May 2018 - 16:35

Me will donate a licence to Vic, if ($)he gets a proper haircut & will pay that thang via BitCache.

Inside ur Renoise; helping Byte-Smasher putting Cab Sims on ur Master.  :ph34r: 

#30 FossilCreature

FossilCreature

• Normal Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Interests:Knitting, ironing, backgammon frontgammon,
    Tea time, bingo...mushroom hunting, xrp, pixel art

Posted 29 May 2018 - 18:23

Image all the money you could have made if you accepted bitcoin back in 2014 when this topic was created. Yachts for everyone!

But seriously, you should look into www.coinpayments.net. I believe you can settle for fiat automatically. I would just hold the coins when the market is down. I want to buy Sononym with Ripple.