Hide file browser but keep instrument browser

It would be useful to hide the sample browser, which takes valuable space from the instrument list.

Yes, you can hide both - the browser takes up a minimum of 50% of the screen, when the inst list is way more frequwntly used

This is really simple is it not possible?! Once I get to a certain stage, I don`t use the browser - but I do want to see all the instruments

You can drag the middle horizontal divider between the instrument list and the browser.

It doesn’t hide the browser, but it makes the instrument list quite a bit larger.

Alternatively (on smaller screens) you can hide the browser but still show the instrument list - look for “Toggle Instrument List” next to the browser button.

Then, it will instead share it’s space with the upper tabs (which is also resizable)

Alternatively (on smaller screens) you can hide the browser but still show the instrument list - look for “Toggle Instrument List” next to the browser button.

Then, it will instead share it’s space with the upper tabs (which is also resizable)

Thanks danoise, but still the browser remains. Toggle instrument list does the opposite of what I`m suggesting, lets have a toggle browser button! :slight_smile:

Thanks danoise, but still the browser remains. (…)

I believe danoise was referring to this:

5617 renoise-browser-instrument-list.gif

Kinda gets things looking like they did back in 2.8.

Anyway, I suppose it could also be nice to utilise the entire side panel for just the instrument list, if you had a really huge list of instruments you were working with. Some extra view toggles may be in order.

I believe danoise was referring to this:

Anyway, I suppose it could also be nice to utilise the entire side panel for just the instrument list, if you had a really huge list of instruments you were working with. Some extra view toggles may be in order.

Yep, then the scopes take up new space! I actually used them recently to configure the oscillator on a Transcendent 2000, worked quite well. Have you thought about expanding the oscilloscope possibilities within Renoise? Haha

For what I`m doing, I generally have a load of instruments so this panel is quite useful.