Live Show On Di.dm

hi fellas!

i played live on www.di.fm 1 year chillout channel aniversary. 2400 listeners tuned in for it. all music in this set was made with renoise, and performed live using ableton live / nuendo.

you can download it here:

ftp://ftp.scene.org/pub/music/artists/xerxes/

tracklist is as follows:

1. xerxes - martes theme
  2. xerxes - x-rayed
  3. xerxes - hold
  4. xerxes - arctica
  5. tori amos - me and a gun (xerxes 2004 remix)
  6. xerxes - just once
  7. xerxes - defuse
  8. mikael fyrek - fly away from this place (xerxes take)
  9. xerxes - fall
  10. xerxes - jules theme
  11. xerxes - my roots

total playtime is 54 minutes 12 seconds.

heya xerxes,

haven’t heard all tunes yet, but that me & a gun tori amos remix really caught me. sounds so clean and carefully arranged it almost gives me the creeps :)
really love the way it progresses and the instrumentation. tori’s vocals have been very well integrated all thumbs up!

goes to check all the other tunes

thanks a lot keith! :)
means a lot coming from you man!

Good to see you are still connected, music-wise, with demoscene. In that regard, “X-rayed” fits perfectly as a demo soundtrack. Atmospheric and haunting, it brings along images of tranquility and peace, and has almost dream-like quality. Top notch work!

I agree!

It’s one of my favourite songs by you Xerxes, been listening to it so much lately, only song on my winamp for the last 2 weeks!

Also like Calculate This, how the hell do you do it???

Freaking awesome!

PS: Hørt om den forbanna duoen Ost & Kjeks som kommer med debut-album nå? Musikk laga med KUN ost og kjeks…

“Ja jøss her er en Ritz-kjeks-eske, den kan bli en bra Snare-tromme…”

Kan de slå an kan hvem som helst…

Tøøft B)

Wow! Were can I find this???

I saw a short film on Swedish TV were they made music with only stuff in their home. They were a few people walking from the bedroom to the bathroom to the kitchen and playing on vacuum cleaners, glasses, tables, microwaves, water taps and whatever… quite fun :)

HAEhaeEHAhaehaehaehaeHAeHAEHAEheahaeae!!!

vel vel… hvis du har lyst å ha 15 minutes of fame for en kuriositet, så be my guest… men det vel ingen som kommer til å kjøpe ost&kjeks musikk fordi de synes det er jævli fint. :)

da skal jeg lage et helt album med lyder samplet KUN fra under forhuden min.

I heard ost & kjex on the radio on thursday.
Actually, the making of the music is kind of a metaphor
It’s elecronic jazz / acid jazz, and I happened to like the three tracks I’ve heard so far.
Wont be any big hits I think. But. Do we all make music to be big hits?

Music makin’ is supposed to be fun imho…

I’ve been looking for the interview with the band on the net, it used to be on “urørt” on NRK (norwegian broadcasting… online) but seems like now they’ve erased all traces of themselves for some reason…

:huh:

Maybe they’re scared we might find all their tracks online so we won’t have to pay for it.

Anyway, the interview took place first in a store, where the two band-members walked around, giving their opinions on cheese and crackers. One of them picked up a Jarlsberg cheese, smacked his hand against it and said “jarlsberg ost gjør seg bra som basstromme”, meaning something like “Jarlsberg cheese sounds good as a bassdrum.”

He said he only needed to sample it, equalize it a bit and add some reverb. Chewing a Ritz-cracker was good for a snare, and shaking the box would be a “nice shaker”.

Damn it where is that interview…

Hum, eg lukter “under forhuden”-compo… :D

“I’ve goot youuu
under my skiiin”

hehe det hadde vært no!

thanks a lot kaneel :)

well… they oldies i didnt play coz it really doesnt have much to do with the upcoming album… alltho only one song from the set i played will be on the actual album, the overall sound is more correct.

meeeeep!

That Tori Amos remix is superb. :)

geez, what a GREAT music that tori amos remix. :)

muahahhaaha…this tori amos that everybudi has hype…

IT`S just bunch of CRAP!!! :D

only fag would do this kind ov remix from that kind ov musik…sorry, just tryin to be honest…just tryin to drop you back on earth…as a friend

…tori amos, oh my dear god :D:smiley: D: D :D:smiley: :D :D :D:smiley: :D :D :DD: D: D :D :D :D :D :D : D:D :D :D :D D :D :D : D: D: D:

Ah well, I disagree - Tori Amos is at least a proper musician, she has more talent that the average person in the charts. :P