38 replies to this topic

#26 afta8

afta8

Big Super GrandMasta Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 751 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 14:34

Thank you afta8 you made a great job on this one !

I just made a new instrument with it, its a basic pulsewave modulation square and sound just soo good !

If anybody want to take a look at it here is the link !

https://www.dropbox....m%20Square.xrni

That does indeed sound very good, thanks!

Just a note, anyone loading this will need to change the doofer labeled 'pwm' to '1' for it to work, the tool uses the doofer name to know which sample to link to. I'll try and think of a different way to do this for a future release.

#27 TanookiMonk

TanookiMonk

Chief Above Chief Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts
  • Interests:Spirituality, Music, VideoGames

Posted 26 April 2014 - 15:54

Hey your right ! But even more, for me i had to change the label and had to reclick on "add loop control" for making it to work after loading it !

#28 afta8

afta8

• Normal Members
  • 751 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 16:29

Hey your right ! But even more, for me i had to change the label and had to reclick on "add loop control" for making it to work after loading it !

Yes you are right, you will need to reload the song or as you have done reclick on "add loop control". I will fix the next update so that it scans instruments that are loaded and sets them up if they need to be.

This tool provides functionality that I have been dreaming of in a daw for many long years. Thanks for creating it!

Thanks, hope this becomes native in future.... oh and welcome to the forum :)

#29 fuzzcreatorhasenpfeffer

fuzzcreatorhasenpfeffer

• Normal Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 20:14

Very cool, afta8! Will definitely be exploring this!
I have what may seem like a 'wtf?' question, though maybe it'd be surprisingly easy to implement? As much as I might want to automate sample start as part of a loop, I also like to automate sample start regardless of whether the sample is looped. I'm relatively new to RN and my understanding is we can't (yet) midi-map/automate sample start natively. Would it be possible to add a 'loop off' switch yet still be able to automate sample start in this tool? I like to mess around with velocity-mapped-to-sample-start (or cc-to-sample-start) for subtle (and not-so-subtle) sample trigger variation. I realize that I could probably do the same thing by making sure my note duration is shorter than the length of the sample, but...well, it'd be one less performance variable to worry about if I could just turn the looping off but retain the automatable sample start. Thx!

cpu Intel Mac Mini Server (2013) os Mac 10.12.3  storage Vertex4 128Gb SSD, Synology 8Tb NAS  audio Tascam 16x08 USB  interface iConnectivity ICM4+  MIDI controllers Korg nanoKontrol2(x3), FCB1010 sound modules iPad(x2), DSI Tempest, Roger Linn Adrenalinn III

#30 martyfmelb

martyfmelb

Big Masta Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 11:43

I have what may seem like a 'wtf?' question, though maybe it'd be surprisingly easy to implement? As much as I might want to automate sample start as part of a loop, I also like to automate sample start regardless of whether the sample is looped. I'm relatively new to RN and my understanding is we can't (yet) midi-map/automate sample start natively. Would it be possible to add a 'loop off' switch yet still be able to automate sample start in this tool? I like to mess around with velocity-mapped-to-sample-start (or cc-to-sample-start) for subtle (and not-so-subtle) sample trigger variation. I realize that I could probably do the same thing by making sure my note duration is shorter than the length of the sample, but...well, it'd be one less performance variable to worry about if I could just turn the looping off but retain the automatable sample start. Thx!

If there isn't a proper way to do this, you could add a lot of silence to the end of the sample and have a volume envelope that cuts to zero volume before the silence runs out.
soundcloud : traxinspace
os win7 / directx11 skin aero default mobo asus m4a 89td pro / usb3 cpu amd phenom ii x6 1055T @ 2.8ghz + mem 8gb 1333mhz ... I think
video ati radeon hd 6900 under catalyst sound onboard realtek under asio4all, audiobox usb
storage local seagate sata 250gb as c:\ external seagate ide 1tb as l:\
utils 7 taskbar tweaker, hoekey hotkey manager, launchy, strokeit mouse gestures, nexus dockbar, winsplit revolution window organiser

#31 fuzzcreatorhasenpfeffer

fuzzcreatorhasenpfeffer

• Normal Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 18:01

If there isn't a proper way to do this, you could add a lot of silence to the end of the sample and have a volume envelope that cuts to zero volume before the silence runs out.

Not a bad idea. In fact, adding silence to a sample might not even be necessary (though some interesting glitch fx could result), as the volume envelope is a (midi) performance parameter, while sample looping is an instrument parameter. And if that holds up in testing, and the volume envelope is itself automatable, it'd be another kind of realtime sample end/loop end adjustment...hmmm

cpu Intel Mac Mini Server (2013) os Mac 10.12.3  storage Vertex4 128Gb SSD, Synology 8Tb NAS  audio Tascam 16x08 USB  interface iConnectivity ICM4+  MIDI controllers Korg nanoKontrol2(x3), FCB1010 sound modules iPad(x2), DSI Tempest, Roger Linn Adrenalinn III

#32 afta8

afta8

• Normal Members
  • 751 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 00:40

I've got a loop mode dial in the works for this which will let you select loop off as well. Sample start point is unfortunately not yet supported natively, but I do have a hack to do that as well. Will get onto it when I have more time

#33 fuzzcreatorhasenpfeffer

fuzzcreatorhasenpfeffer

• Normal Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 07:56

I've got a loop mode dial in the works for this which will let you select loop off as well. Sample start point is unfortunately not yet supported natively, but I do have a hack to do that as well. Will get onto it when I have more time

Mega awesome. I'm subscribed to this thread. When you announce it, I'll be on it :yeah:
  • afta8 likes this

#34 Psynapsex

Psynapsex

Local Chief Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 211 posts
  • Interests:Synthesis, Electronics, & Finance (Equity Research Analysis Intern)

I'm a big fan of Venetian Snares, Psykovsky, Richard Devine, and The Advent.

I've been using Reaktor 5 since 2008, and love the thought of a real analog modular synth.

Posted 03 May 2015 - 05:26

Potentially one of the best tools made hands down.

Is there a way to sync the "start" position with the "loop start" position???

• afta8 likes this

#35 afta8

afta8

• Normal Members
  • 751 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 21:46

Potentially one of the best tools made hands down.

Is there a way to sync the "start" position with the "loop start" position???

If you mean control sample start position, yes it is possible but it's quite a hack.
You basically have to create a one line phrase and then have a 0Sxx command where the value is then controlled by a doofer dial.

So damn hacky your computer may blow up!

(But worth trying anyway :) maybe someone can pick it up, I don't have much time at the moment)
  • Psynapsex likes this

#36 Chris Edberg

Chris Edberg

Big Masta Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 01:47

Hi, this looks interesting. I have a (perhaps stupid) question; does the loops created with this tool affect the .xrni's so that other Renoise users can load these instruments correctly without the tool, or are the loops dependent on the tool?

#37 afta8

afta8

• Normal Members
  • 751 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 19:11

The loop start and end points will be stored at their position when you save it. However any modulations on loop start and end won't work unless the user has the tool installed. So for example if you have this in an xrnx and the loop start is being controlled by a LFO in the same FX chan in then that won't work for a user that doesn't have the tool installed.

As a rule of thumb I wouldn't share instruments made with this. However there are occasions where if you are using the tool to create loops that are static then that should be ok.

#38 BaraMundi

BaraMundi

• Normal Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 July 2018 - 11:04

cool

How do I automate the doofer so I can draw in sample end on the track/pattern ?

I press the button under the macro/loop end. Formula pops up all red. I move the Loop end and the vertical fade moves with the macro, bur nothing happens when I move the fader with the mouse.

Cant get my head around this. All I wanna do is automate Loop End , I want to draw this macro in. When I google this all tutorials use signals followers, it makes no sence, its so easy i Live, but not that easy or straight forward i Renoise 

Can any one help me out, thanks

Edited by BaraMundi, 20 July 2018 - 12:32.

#39 bootsie

bootsie

• Normal Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 August 2018 - 21:39

Hi!

How can i automate this tool?