Different pattern lengths per track?

Are the devs planning to eventually allow different pattern lengths per track similar to Buzz and every other modern DAW? I’m about to renew my license but honestly don’t want to waste my money if it’s not going to happen.

If you think your money is wasted if it’s not going to happen, why don’t you simply not renew your license until it does happen? That’s what I’d do if I were in your place(*). I mean, you always buy renoise as is, and as an extra you get more features for years and years. You still can use your current version as long as you want, even when it’s outdated some day.

(*)

(And actually this is what I will do, if my favourite feature isn’t implemented when my license ends, but this might be in maybe 2020…)

Are the devs planning to eventually allow different pattern lengths per track similar to Buzz and every other modern DAW?

Other DAWs don’t organize songs into patterns, so the comparison isn’t really any good. You would be talking about MIDI note-clips, the little colored blocks you stick into a track in a traditional DAW…

The closest thing you’d get with Renoise are phrases, have you tried working with those? They, similar to note-clips, are a bit detached from the actual song. But you can speed them up, slow them down, play them backwards etc. They are very flexible.

FL Studio and Buzz both organize songs into patterns, yet still allow different pattern lengths per track. The Phrase editor is nice but still doesn’t come close to solving the problem. I guess I will just take a break from Renoise as f+d+k suggested, since the focus now seems to be on Redux instead of modernizing the workflow.