After so many years, I'm finally working on a song I plan on finis

I think it’s been since 2010 that I really had any sort of release. Zyprexa had messed me up pretty badly. I’m so glad to be back in the mode of musicwriting…

And no, I don’t run Renoise in that small of a window, it was the only way to get a recording that the framerate wasn’t 5 seconds a frame. LOL

Sounds like it belongs in Twin Peaks :slight_smile:

That is an awesome compliment!

Your bass line is really creative in this. Cool composition. Question: are you into Mort Garson all? Stylistically it’s pretty different but the production gives me a similar feeling. Reminds me of some bits of his Plantasia album. That’s a compliment!

Your bass line is really creative in this. Cool composition. Question: are you into Mort Garson all? Stylistically it’s pretty different but the production gives me a similar feeling. Reminds me of some bits of his Plantasia album. That’s a compliment!

I’ll have to check out his stuff. Thanks for the pointers :slight_smile:

1. I love the irony of the topic title

2. I use Renoise on a laptop and that is exactly the window size I’m used to.

3. I like the song, especially the direction it takes at around 2.20. I’ll have to listen again on better speakers to actually hear the bassline, though.

1. I love the irony of the topic title
  2. I use Renoise on a laptop and that is exactly the window size I’m used to.
  3. I like the song, especially the direction it takes at around 2.20. I’ll have to listen again on better speakers to actually hear the bassline, though.

Thanks.

With 1, let me describe the way I used to write music and why the title of the post actually makes sense: I would write an entire song, vocals, everything, in a night. 4-5 hours and the song is completely done. Now I’ll be working on a song for weeks, and if it gets past a couple months, I usually end up giving up on the song, it turns into a song I don’t plan on finishing. With THIS song, I don’t care how long it takes to finish, I want to finish this song.

What I meant was that the topic title reads “a song I plan on finis”

The bassline and chord progression in this song are great. Some feedback though and this is purely my own taste but I think it’d give the track a more flow if the drums had a bit more movement in them if get what I mean?

The bassline and chord progression in this song are great. Some feedback though and this is purely my own taste but I think it’d give the track a more flow if the drums had a bit more movement in them if get what I mean?

Yes, exactly. I agree. Hopefully I’ll be adding some of that soon, now that I have a version I can load into V2.8 :slight_smile:

1. I like the song, especially the direction it takes at around 2.20. I’ll have to listen again on better speakers to actually hear the bassline, though.

I think you mean 1:27, and yeah I liked that too :walkman:

Zyprexa had messed me up pretty badly

me too but it’s a pretty nice song good composition continue please :yeah: