KORG electribe sampler announced

ooh i cant wait for a newelectribe sampler

i guess i will sell all my gear to buy that sampler and move to one piece!

Design looks small(?) & oldschool, can’t say it looks sexy visually :slight_smile: , but it is about the sound and options of course. I liked the original electribes, still like to get a second hand for on the road play.

That looks amazing!
I hope it will cost not more than 400$

awful design! Really lacking any imagination

I`m sure it will be good tho…no valves in sight!

I like that design, it kinda reminds me “lowend elektron”

that looks interesting.

i am also on the lookout for a good live performance piece / sequencer / sampler.
this one of course is also worth considering:

LL113_1b.jpg

(prototype shot)

Yes, this is the Renoise “Performer X1”, a collab project from Moog, MIDI Labs and Renoise obviously, and will be available sometime after Christmas, at around $750.
it’s basically an all-in-one performance machine for renoise, and can also work in standalone mode, as long as the 150Gb SSD disk inside is loaded with XRNS-files, XRNI, samples and whatnot.
6x MIDI ports, and also comes with a built-in 1 OSC (+sub osc) analog synth circuit from Moog, with the original 24db filter and some other features from the Phatty-series.

M-hm.

that looks interesting.

i am also on the lookout for a good live performance piece / sequencer / sampler.
this one of course is also worth considering:

(prototype shot)

Yes, this is the Renoise “Performer X1”, a collab project from Moog, MIDI Labs and Renoise obviously, and will be available sometime after Christmas, at around $750.
it’s basically an all-in-one performance machine for renoise, and can also work in standalone mode, as long as the 150Gb SSD disk inside is loaded with XRNS-files, XRNI, samples and whatnot.
6x MIDI ports, and also comes with a built-in 1 OSC (+sub osc) analog synth circuit from Moog, with the original 24db filter and some other features from the Phatty-series.

M-hm.

DAAMN! you mean its renoise hardware, can it make xrns file? wowowowowooow

when any demo available? looks a bit too bulky imo

DAAMN! you mean its renoise hardware, can it make xrns file? wowowowowooow

when any demo available? looks a bit too bulky imo

Heheh, your username defines your reply :slight_smile:

Heheh, your username defines your reply :slight_smile:

i might be a little drunk allready, but DAAMN, that thing is unbeliveble :smiley:

First of all, I love korg electribe serie. I have EMX & ESX which basically killed renoise.

Well anyhow. This new Sampler looks like a toy. Running with batteries, hahaha.

One thing I don’t understand is that it’s labelled as music production station and same time they are so fucking proud that it runs perfectly with ableton live, WTF?!

Definetly going to avoid this one.

Ps. Volce series would be dope for park acid. Also they released fourth volca machine called sampler.

a lot of samplers coming out from korg.

Edit: i will eat my words now. i just saw that they are launching Synth and Sampler, which started to interested me. King Korg sound engine.

Although, why the heck they needed to add kaospad…well anyhow, i think i will buy and check out that new tribe… 8)

lovely demo on electribe synth versionhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrSacEFyYL0

The synth version ships on November 28 in Europe, according to Thomann, at €399 (list price is higher). The sampler version seems to be coming in March next year for the same money. Pretty tempted to get both, which would completely cover my hardware needs (wants). Still cheaper than an Octatrack.

Still has the classic Electribe problem of “cutting” when you switch patterns. Sounds rough.

history repeating itself , those new electribes look like plastic crap .

Everything out of KORGS stable nowadays is of an incredible low built quality …

I had the first gen.electribe when they came out in 2001 or something ( also plasticky red ) …

history repeating itself , those new electribes look like plastic crap .

look can be misleading, new electribes body is metallic

Well indeed , it isn’t that obvious from the photo .

But one thing that is for sure is that over the past few years , korg is delivering products that have a verry limited timespan and or poor build quality .
I don’t mean to be rude , if it floats your boat …nice …just saying

Still has the classic Electribe problem of “cutting” when you switch patterns. Sounds rough.

yup. if that is the case also for the final version of the product, it’s a total dealbreaker for me.
Performing live with small glitches on every pattern transition just doesn’t belong in this century. I am kind of shocked they would even showcase with this misbehaviour… wow.

Been lurking in korg forums lately and there is bunch of other things that i’m worried about, but those glitches between pattern changes is really hair rising thing.

They even drop from 8 bars per pattern to 4 bars in this new Electribe.

They say that sound engine is from KingKorg but you can tweak only ONE parameter per synth sound

ectect

so I decided to skip this product.

Let see after ppl have got hands on this product and start to make youtube demos.

In the end, I really love Korg EMX (and some other korg products), great valua for your money.

The thing is that you just need to know how to squeesh things out of this lil beast.

Loads of potential but sadly, ppl doesn’t know how to use them.

cheers!

ps. really looking forward to get my hands on Korg MS2000 8)

Traded one from second hand nad i think that MS2000 is one fucking beast!

The limitations aren’t what bother me. I don’t love the Electribes for their versatility or features. In fact the limitations are what inspire the most creativity out of them. But the pattern changing cuts are another matter.

In the end, I really love Korg EMX (and some other korg products), great valua for your money.

The thing is that you just need to know how to squeesh things out of this lil beast.

Loads of potential but sadly, ppl doesn’t know how to use them.

I had my eyes on an EMX for a while, but I’m unsure what to pay for one. I see it on ebay newish with warranty for about €600. Is that an appropriate price, or is it way over the top?