EP created with Renoise.

Hello all,

I recently released my first ep titled ‘Rane EP’ that was created entirely on Renoise with exception to the last track ‘Kobv’ as that is an older song created before I used Renoise.

It’d be cool if I could get some feedback and listens on it however I do feel my production and style has evolved a bit since the songs were recorded.

https://awentekr.bandcamp.com/album/rane-ep

Here’s a link to a remix I did with Renoise last night.

https://soundcloud.com/awentekr/make-me-sleep-rmxnt t

Checking out the remix. Sounds pretty good, I like the cool techy style. The melody is really lush too. The snare is a bit loud though. A bit distracting. The plucked melody around 3.20ish also sounds a little (too) clicky and loud.

Overall enjoyed it.Really nice & minimal ambience.

Thanks mate!

Yeah I find it hard to mix on my £20 headphones haha, when I get my paycheck some decent monitors are in order! Thanks for the feedback on mixing though, it all helps!

Overall: Rather repetitive, with limited development in each song.

Rane: Nice sounds, simple harmonies, relaxed but persistent use of musical tension. Strong contrast between background melody and harmony and foreground percussion. The lack of denouement before resolution is ear-catching.

Etape: The bass riff is a little obtrusive, but sinks a little to make it less so when the percussion comes to the fore. Listening to the background melody is like watching a distant scene through rain.

Clouds: Disorganised in its melodic style, although this is apparently deliberate. Soft sounds, with sharp contrasts.

Zeros: more splashy and frenetic drums. Fancy drumming, but somehow the soundscape seems hollow. There are gaps in the sonic landscape which leave a feeling of dissatisfaction.

Ilya: More introspective, and with more sonic depth. A pleasant contrast with Zeros.

Kobv: Nice. Subtle, more progress than seen in the others, but soothing in a way. Better even than Ilya.

Thanks for the feedback!

Development in songs is something I’m forcing myself to work on as I to find myself being repetitive at times as you have mentioned.

Try this as a musical exercise:

Design two melodies. Start with the first, and progressively alter it over the course of a piece to the second.

It’s not a perfect solution, nor the only one, but it’s a decent approach.

Later, try this:

A melody, a counterpoint (or at least, harmonically acceptable simultaneous second melody) and two other ones towards which they both change.

Agree with a lot of what Jan Koekepan said.

Kobv was my favorite. Very nice sounds and mood.

Thanks for the advice people!

The first track prepares a listener with its deliberation. The second takes with its thick sound, stretching the brain like a string. The third allows to relax with its light sound. Discordance and breaks of the fourth keep a listener on the edge of their seat till the very end. Real action. Kicks of the fifth track resemble the vibes of brain hemispheres that conflow at the end creating main theme. After the trip through EP soundscapes, the sixth track produces the feeling of lightness in head. One could feel electronic impulses running through the neurons.

Interesting work, 6 tracks of musical trip through the brain mazes, leading to the zero-gravity state.

The first track prepares a listener with its deliberation. The second takes with its thick sound, stretching the brain like a string. The third allows to relax with its light sound. Discordance and breaks of the fourth keep a listener on the edge of their seat till the very end. Real action. Kicks of the fifth track resemble the vibes of brain hemispheres that conflow at the end creating main theme. After the trip through EP soundscapes, the sixth track produces the feeling of lightness in head. One could feel electronic impulses running through the neurons.

Interesting work, 6 tracks of musical trip through the brain mazes, leading to the zero-gravity state.

Thanks man! I’m gonna take this as a compliment, It makes me happy that it had such as a effect on you.