Export my tool as xrnx

Hi

I’m obviously stupid and bad at googling. How do I export/pack my tool as xrnx for easy sharing?

Take your main.lua, manifest.xml, and any other files your tool uses, then simply archive them into a standard ZIP file.

Rename that .zip to .xrnx and you’re done :slight_smile:

If in doubt, simply open any other .xrnx tool file in 7-zip, WinZip, WinRar, etc. and examine the file structure within. You’ll see how simple it is.

Thanks. Simple. For some reason i was looking for somewhere to click…

If you’re using the Create Tool tool, then it does have an export function which you can access via the File menu in the script editor. I think the tool itself may need to be updated, though. I haven’t tried it in a while. I mostly ZIP my stuff manually these days.

Yeah, but I’m in 3.0, no CreateTool there it seems. Actually I’m surprised how many tools are not upgraded to 3.0…

Yeah, but I’m in 3.0, no CreateTool there it seems. Actually I’m surprised how many tools are not upgraded to 3.0…

I`ve got it working on 3.0 here. I think it was just a case of updating the xml to the latest API version manually.

Actually I’m surprised how many tools are not upgraded to 3.0…

Same here.

Dunno if it has changed since the board update, but have heard from different tool makers the submission page is kind of chore to use for updating tools. Image sizes needing to be a particular size etc… might just be lazy tool makers :stuck_out_tongue: .

Same here.

Dunno if it has changed since the board update, but have heard from different tool makers the submission page is kind of chore to use for updating tools. Image sizes needing to be a particular size etc… might just be lazy tool makers :stuck_out_tongue: .

It can be a bit of a chore to update it all. Some of the updates done just before the website update got trashed/ rolled back too. I just had a burst of motivation and updated my stuff to the 3.0 section but can feel that lazy feeling returning now :stuck_out_tongue: