Remove Rewire completely?

I´m trying to remove the Rewire engine because it crashes Ableton Live 8, and because I don’t use it. But whenever I launch Renoise now it will ask me to re-install Rewire. Is there a way to completely remove everything that has to do with Rewire?

I also wonder how to view dates in the filebrowser in v3.0 :v

I’m not sure how Rewire can be disabled. But:

I´m trying to remove the Rewire engine because it crashes Ableton Live 8, and because I don’t use it.

Have you reported this somewhere? Sounds like a pretty serious bug in either Ableton or Renoise…

Does newer versions of Ableton crash too?

I also wonder how to view dates in the filebrowser in v3.0 :v

Right click > show modication dates :slight_smile:

You need to expand the browser if there isn’t enough room.

Thanks, man! Good to have the dates back, my song numbering system is totally fucked up. Haha.

I think my Rewire problem must have something to do with Mavericks and Live 8, as it didn’t occur on Snow Leopard. Unfortunately I only have Live 8 and 6 so I can’t test it, but I’m using the latest version of 8. Yeah, maybe I should report it to Ableton, but it would be nicer to just remove it and not have the Rewire message appear whenever I launch either Live or RNS.

Rewire is broken in Live 8, it’s working again in Live 9.

Thats good to know, I will upgrade sometime then. I didn’t have the same problem with OSX Snow Leopard, it first occured under Mavericks. I cant imagine why they wouldn’t be able to fix it, though.