Airmann

Big GrandDaddy Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts
  • Interests:dnb, production, mixing, mastering, sound design, developing

Posted 02 October 2014 - 10:08

Hi there,

I want the SignalFollower only to react to left or right channel. Now, there are those buttons L / R / L+R.

Problem (Renoise 3.0)

Actually I assumed that e.g. switching to "L" would mute all right-Channel input, so that the SignalFollower only reacts to left channel input and completely ignores right channel input. But this is only the case if no filtering of the input signal is applied, means: LP set to default 18,02 KHz and HP set to default 20 Hz.

As soon as I move the HP filter to the right to e.g. 40 Hz the SignalFollower suddenly reacts to right channel input. For me this looks like as if the filtering does some internal kind of mono downmixing !?

I tested this behaviour with mda_testtone Generator and pink noise output panned hard to the right. So there's definitely no signal on the left side and signal follower shouldn't react at all.

So my conclusion: either this is a bug, or separate unlinked filtering for L/R channel is missing

Edited by Airmann, 02 October 2014 - 16:45.

#2 TheBellows

TheBellows

Guruh Motha Fakka is Levitating and Knows Everything About Renoise Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2309 posts
  • Interests:Jepp

Posted 02 October 2014 - 16:31

Works like it should here on the 64b windows version,..no wait a sec, as soon as i moved the filter it started to pick up sound from the wrong channel.

Seems like a bug to me, i would never expect this to happen. 

Edited by TheBellows, 02 October 2014 - 16:38.