Deep House (kind of)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqxL3H13b9w

It’s a couple weeks old but this was something I asked a friend for.

Above all things though, 2 things bug me: one, every time I hear anyone elses music I always find something repetitive and old like acid, drill and bass, or chiptune. I know renoise is a tracker but are there any artists who a little more modern in style besides Eatme, B-complex and She?

And the second thing is that I’m somehow getting pulled back into fan music, the worst kind of music.

Interesting work. Pleasant melodies and instruments are selected daintily.

I suppose it is not surprising that the time-honoured electronic music styles can be heard in the songs. After all, before passing to some experiments one wants to make the music which they like more than everything, which influenced you in a greater degree. This is a kind of therapy after years of listening. As if you found the source of inspiration and ideas in it. Only after realization of these reserves one could understand where to go next and look for new ways of their creativity development, making first steps in the direction of first musical experiments. Or, creative block might happen, one wants to write something but all the ideas ran dry, and in this case the tried-and-true styles could help, because the pleasure from invented tune, interesting bridge or sound tuning is still relevant. Besides, it is good skills training. Things are different when talking about musical experiments. First of all, the music goes from a person, their life is defined with their thoughts, behaviors, their way of life. The author’s life may go this way to start musical experiments. It can be not only and obligatory psychoactive drugs, but also funny books, all types if practices, etc. Basically, life is to undergo fundamental changes, thus the music will be experimental. In my opinion, it goes this way.

Mathew: I hope that entries to the EDM-free competition will be more satisfying to you.

I’m hoping for some pretty creative entries to that.

Interesting work. Pleasant melodies and instruments are selected daintily.

I suppose it is not surprising that the time-honoured electronic music styles can be heard in the songs. After all, before passing to some experiments one wants to make the music which they like more than everything, which influenced you in a greater degree. This is a kind of therapy after years of listening. As if you found the source of inspiration and ideas in it. Only after realization of these reserves one could understand where to go next and look for new ways of their creativity development, making first steps in the direction of first musical experiments. Or, creative block might happen, one wants to write something but all the ideas ran dry, and in this case the tried-and-true styles could help, because the pleasure from invented tune, interesting bridge or sound tuning is still relevant. Besides, it is good skills training. Things are different when talking about musical experiments. First of all, the music goes from a person, their life is defined with their thoughts, behaviors, their way of life. The author’s life may go this way to start musical experiments. It can be not only and obligatory psychoactive drugs, but also funny books, all types if practices, etc. Basically, life is to undergo fundamental changes, thus the music will be experimental. In my opinion, it goes this way.

Dude, this is probably the best thing I’ve heard about music experimentation. I’ve had my own ideas I’ve wanted to put in words but this is probably the best explanation for it. Then again I came from abletons lovely group of users who believe that if you don’t sound like a professional then you are nothing original.

I know many are inspired by the style they are most used to or what they listen to, but it doesn’t seem as though there is experimentation or work to achieve a new sound. It is easier said than done yes, but what I’m hearing seems a little more generic than it should be. I’m not pointing the finger at renoise users or a specific person but the lack of variety (at least what I’m hearing) gets a little unnerving. Inspiration is most definitely important in song writing and many here are inspired by classics, but what I’m struggling to find is something a little more unique and interesting, something that stands out. Rather than hearing just Chiptune, drills, and everything from the late 90s and early 2000s.

Mathew: I hope that entries to the EDM-free competition will be more satisfying to you.

I’m hoping for some pretty creative entries to that.

I actually don’t come to this forum often so I have not heard anything about this. Is there at least a link to the page or some explanation?